test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please add guild coffer mimic summon to the ViP

micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
As the title says, and it will save you server resources spinning up people guilds just to donate some random stuff they found and leave. It will also encourage people to donate, especially on smaller guilds, because then they don't need to wait half day for the map to load.

Comments

• bobgreenwadebobgreenwade Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    I second this motion. I'd find it much more useful than a Professions vendor (whom I haven't summoned since the new system went into effect).
    =====
    Author of the Realm Hunter series of novels
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I initially read the subject as "Guild COFFEE mimic" and I've been trying to figure out the logistics of that.

In all seriousness, I'll bring it up as a suggestion!
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User

I second this motion. I'd find it much more useful than a Professions vendor (whom I haven't summoned since the new system went into effect).

No, having the Vender is a godsend when you run out of inventory space, esp when you are running a new toon. If we lost that I'd consider dropping VIP
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Why is it every time someone asks for a new type of vendor to be added to VIP, someone immediately chimes im and says "kill the professions vendor. i hate him. we dont need to sell things for gold as we play!"

You know we can (and should) have both right? There's absolutely no reason to remove the professions vendor in order to add a coffer solution.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    We can have them all, the more the merrier, for all I care the shop vendor can come on top of the mimic.

But in all seriousness, I don't see any limit, one more button, and one more summon, nothing crazy.
    I actually do use the shop lady to vendor for gold, so I prefer both to be available.

I initially read the subject as "Guild COFFEE mimic" and I've been trying to figure out the logistics of that.

In all seriousness, I'll bring it up as a suggestion!

Thanks
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

its better to drop the seal vendor.
  • kayclo2kayclo2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    i think that is possible to create a single vendor for both sigil and profession items.
    with this escamotage we have a free button to address to guild coffer.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    arcanjo86 said:

No. It's better to just add another button for the mimic. The only button on that interface that I don't regularly use is the Moonstone Mask teleport. Even if I never used it, I still would not like to see that removed. There is plenty of space in that interface to add more buttons. Please stop advocating taking things away that people use just because you may not use it. I like being able to summon the seal vendor because if I'm doing hunts or just plain forget to use my seals before starting the next dungeon run, then I can just bring the seal vendor to me and spend them quickly, without having to go to PE and suffer the load times and flat-Earth HAMSTER.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    arcanjo86 said:

No. Everyone can get seal but not everyone needs to donate to coffer.
    In case of emergency, dumping seal usually is more emergency than dumping stuff to coffer.
    For the coffer stuff, you can mail the stuff to yourself but you can't mail seal.
    There is no cap for the donated stuff but there is a cap for seal.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Ok, why everyone so fixated on replacing something? You know buttons are not land on the moon, they can just add one, or 10.

Lets focus less on what we don't want, and focus more on what we want, and it simply one more button with mini coffer mimic, for insta-donations.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Seconded, or thirded or maybe that was fourthded? Whatever, I agree. A mini mimic would be awesome. And an extra button is not something out of this world to ask for.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    I'll agree with this.. lets get some added functionality to VIP.

• mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    VIP should be a benefit to everyone that buys into it.
    I'm sure there are plenty of people out there with VIP who would have no use for a mimic button because they are not in a guild.

VIP should be a benefit to everyone that buys into it.

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there with VIP who would have no use for a mimic button because they are not in a guild.

The moonstone mask teleport doesn't benefit everyone, stated so in this thread, so it should be removed.
    The shop doesn't benefit everyone, again, we have example of such people in this thread, it should be also removed.
    There are people who never open lockboxes, so the keys should be removed, and other players who do not run dungeons or any group content, so the other type of keys should be also removed.

I don't know a single person who doesn't use the bank summon, but I'm it breaks someones immersion that there is a bank teller in PE to do bank stuff, but the summoned thing has none - and as such can't be real, and shouldn't be used.

So I guess we left with WB discount and Travel? Oh and injury, injury like above, should be removed, because it makes traps obsolete, and people objected to it before.
    Companion gain XP, I don't care about it, so it should be removed.

I hope the idea is clear?

No, not all the components should benefit everyone who buys into it. The package of benefits should have enough components so it will appeal to the widest audience.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    All the items in VIP DO benefit everyone that buys into it because of their ability to use them. Whether or not they choose to use them is up to the individual. A button for the mimic would not be of use to everyone and would only have a group of people complaining about paying for things they can't use.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

All the items in VIP DO benefit everyone that buys into it because of their ability to use them. Whether or not they choose to use them is up to the individual. A button for the mimic would not be of use to everyone and would only have a group of people complaining about paying for things they can't use.

In that case, the button provides them with something to complain about, which makes them happy, which provides them with a benefit. I vote yes for the mimic button. For happiness!
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I don't use the moonstone mask, but I'm in a guild and would use the mimic so therefore the moonstone mask is out and the mimic is in right? Because it's all me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me and me.

No actually, it isn't. Just because someone isn't in a guild is no reason for others not to use or have a function.

Add the mimic, don't drop anything. It's not rocket science, although it does feel like brain removal surgery the way some people have reacted.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs

If they are not in a guild and are unhappy because the new "Summon Mimic" button doesn't benefit them, then all they have to do is join a guild. There are plenty of guilds out there, mine included, that do not put any requirements or expectations on their members and yet would be delighted to have that person donating whatever it is they choose to donate. It's a very simple solution and then they too can take advantage of the maximum VIP benefit.

Seriously, just because some people who have VIP are not in a guild is not a reason not to put this button on that interface and make it part of the VIP benefits.
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    Another added benefit of this would be that the no longer have to render an entire map just for one person to donate. I was just reading this thread (and the inexplicable resistance to the suggestion) and immediately after realized I had to travel to the SH map to donate. This would save me and many other a lot of time, and really, it doesn't have to REPLACE anything to do it.

It makes no sense to be so strongly opposed to something simply because it doesn't benefit you if it does you no direct harm either.
    edited December 2018
    thestia said:

Another added benefit of this would be that the no longer have to render an entire map just for one person to donate. I was just reading this thread (and the inexplicable resistance to the suggestion) and immediately after realized I had to travel to the SH map to donate. This would save me and many other a lot of time, and really, it doesn't have to REPLACE anything to do it.

It makes no sense to be so strongly opposed to something simply because it doesn't benefit you if it does you no direct harm either.

This feature has benefit to people who donate to the coffer and also to the people who does not.

Why? Going to SH seems easy but if your SH is empty, the system takes a long time to create the instance and a long while to load just for the heck of donating something. That obviously affects those who need to donate.
    It also creates unnecessary server load to create a new instance, keep it for (I think) 10 minutes and then discard it. All for donating a few things. The cost affects everyone. Ease the server load will benefit everyone.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    This would be so helpful! And a coffee summon would be nice too.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png

It also creates unnecessary server load to create a new instance, keep it for (I think) 10 minutes and then discard it.

It used to be five minutes. Now it is one minute. That doesn't change the fact that being able to summon the mimic would reduce server load by eliminating the need to travel to the SH just to donate. I just thought I'd share that since either M15 release or M15 patch 1, it's been reduced to 1 minute - and might actually be 30 seconds.

It also creates unnecessary server load to create a new instance, keep it for (I think) 10 minutes and then discard it.

It used to be five minutes. Now it is one minute. That doesn't change the fact that being able to summon the mimic would reduce server load by eliminating the need to travel to the SH just to donate. I just thought I'd share that since either M15 release or M15 patch 1, it's been reduced to 1 minute - and might actually be 30 seconds.
    Are you saying they now only keep the empty instance alive for 30 seconds to 1 minute? Then, I have different issue but I will deal with what it is.

Are you saying they now only keep the empty instance alive for 30 seconds to 1 minute? Then, I have different issue but I will deal with what it is.
    Well, I just took the time to time it. It's still five minutes. I don't know why it felt shorter than that to me. I thought they'd reduced it because of the additional Workshop instances that everyone is creating.

Well, I just took the time to time it. It's still five minutes. I don't know why it felt shorter than that to me. I thought they'd reduced it because of the additional Workshop instances that everyone is creating.
    Thank you for checking.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Sounds like a fine idea. As someone who has no interest in guilds, I still recognize how helpful that would be to the majority who are. It doesn't have to replace anything either, just make the box a little bigger or shuffle things around a little and add another button. Even if it did replace something (which there's no reason for it to), that Moonstone Mask teleport has to be the most useless thing about VIP to begin with.

The only priorities I have for VIP are: Signpost, Bank, and Mailbox, in that order. Everything else is just bonus. I don't even care about the keys. :p Adding a new feature I don't need is no more skin off my rear end than all the other pre-existing features I don't need. So I say "let them eat guild coffer!" ...or something.
  • hypergorila2hypergorila2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    A button to summon the guild bank could also be added.
    That way by adding two it would keep the intercafe "simetrical" in terms on number of buttons :#
  • arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Summon Guild Coffer
    Summon Guild Bank
    Higher rAD refinement cap
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

seems we will need coffee to be added to food suplly of the game for sure, hot chocolate, etc, Coffee/Tea shop for sure.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

and coffee cakes! and those lil tea sammiches wit the crusts cut off! served by adorable lil ragamuffins! Great. Now I'm hungry!