test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alchemy +1 Success with 0 % chance

As the title says, my girlfriend just made a +1 with a 0% chance. The problem is that she needs the normal because she needs to turn them in for MW 4 Alchemy, specifically 12x Effervescent Potion of Accuracy. The Focus rating was 725/888, which is 0% chance.
Annoying bug. To go with the annoying part of not being able to turn in +1 items.
Main: Angels Scar
Guild: Ruathym Corsairs

Comments

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Not a bug, she probably had between 0 and 0.5% chance and it rounded down, you can also fail 100% chances where you're 899/900 to make it and it rounds 99.5%+ up, but works off the real numbers.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    No, her Focus was 725. To have any chance it needed 888 Focus. A difference of 163, much much more than a 0.5% chance.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    It's not rounding, it's a bug.

I've reported it long ago, with screenshots and everything.

Per the posts, being bellow the threshold should always result in 0% chance, so supposedly the focus is:

(focus - focus_min) / (focus_max - focus_min)

But the whole thing is misbehaving, weird results all over, repeated success of +1 at bellow the threshold, multiple successes at very low single digit percent, and I'll rather not bring the multiple failures at high percent of focus chance.

I'm not one to rush and blame things on "broken RNG", but something is broken here, and I suspect it's on both ends of the focus system. Or more correctly the entire proficiency and focus have issues, because they are not independent as they should, and IV'e posted screenshots in the issues thread.

• lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Thanks for the details, I do remember seeing your post now. Like when you add +20 proficiency from a supplement and your focus goes up by 2%. That happened to me last night.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Yes, and posted about the same issue as this thread,
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13065615

4 post from the bottom of the page.

Focus there is 950/970 and got +1 result. Happened plenty since.

I wouldn't complain, as it's nice to have free +1 results for those of us who have MW unlocked, but I think the whole thing there is a mess.