test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why replace things we like with things we hate

2»

Comments

• forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User

I assume the change of fishing part is they know people could bot it (and were botting it) in the original winter fishing.

I wouldn't put it quite past them to use this as a reason, but people were botting SOMI fishing like crazy as well, so it's a poor excuse, and not once did I hear about anyone getting banned for it.
    Anywho, I didn't enjoy winter fishing before, and most certainly won't like it more now.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    I'm just extremely disappointed with the winter event. I had assumed when they said they were doing something to it that it would be new and not just reworked to use a badly thought out design. There is nothing new at all to do this year. Just fishing made worse and no reason to even try it other than to say ya this is worthless.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

How to not get scammed.

Have 4 friends.

Go gift crazy.

And all of you prepare to do it for hours.
    Ummmmm yes, that's kind of the point for us. To do it with our group of friends and not random people lol.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    empalas said:

I'm just extremely disappointed with the winter event. I had assumed when they said they were doing something to it that it would be new and not just reworked to use a badly thought out design. There is nothing new at all to do this year. Just fishing made worse and no reason to even try it other than to say ya this is worthless.

While I have absolutely no love for fishing in the game, especially when it comes to the SOMI style fishing, the event definitely needs to be spiced up.

A new mount, etc, same tired old formula of "freshening up" an event.

I fished to get the campaign currencies in the past but with all the campaigns done what is the point of it now? It's like genie's gifts. You have the means to let people get more campaign currencies through events/items but the currencies you can gain are never updated.

Stale events with a slight bit of polish aren't going to keep your loyal, core gamers intrigued.
  • jganthjganth Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    SOMI fishing was heavily criticized and one of the reasons you don't see barely anyone in SOMI or having anything to do with the SKT Campaign because of it's traits.

Yet here is another example of terrible decisions with the SOMI fishing in the Winter Festival. At this point it has to be intentional being that the SOMI fishing was so loathed by the player base.

Process seems to be 1. Identify favored event by players 2. Look for least popular change/adjustment 3. Implement and laugh at the chaos with the PLA masters at PWE.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User

Well, I'm more concerned with the bug with the speed boosts in the race. Are they still there?

Yep. They're still there. Just ran it twice to be sure and I might as well have just walked it and probably would have reached the end faster. Between that still there and fishing ruined, I'll just stop in for the parcels and gift giving.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited December 2018

Well, I'm more concerned with the bug with the speed boosts in the race. Are they still there?

Yea I also noticed this. I seem to constantly be slowed despite hitting nothing? Yet then a spark of snow erupts from where my center of mass is, then I get shaking I've never experienced before, then massively slowed &/or almost stopped. I mean it never happened last year to me, and my race score has really suffered as a result, I submitted an in game bug, until it fixed I'm avoiding the twilight race. :'(

I'm OK with them taking the Royal Sled out as a Mount for Winter--totally 'love' the Rare (not Uncommon like advertised) Yeti Mount. I mean the new Yeti looks amazing!

The only thing I'd offer up about the Royal Sled is they should, reduce it's cost to 2500 ZEN like the Stormraider Clydesdale, or at the very least give it 3 Insignia like the others.

I mean 'I think' that be a very reasonable ask - but different people have different views. So I'll just offer up my own, and 'hope' they consider it.

@percemer
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    hxeny said:

Is it true that you are going to change the fishing as it was for that stupid boring HAMSTER like Storm king
    If I go, I will not waste any time at this event ...

will the devs remember that we are in 12/20/2018 and in 2019 will come out dozens of new mmos? some with wonderfull looks and new gameplay ideas, because they are virtually ruining neverwinter with every patch, I doubt it will survive without mass layoffs in 2019, and will become a ghost town mmo

On the bright or snowy side, those other companies/devs can learn a lot from the mistakes being made here...

I assume the change of fishing part is they know people could bot it (and were botting it) in the original winter fishing.

Considering that i've seen the same multiboxer crews, that were running around in the River District while the heroic encounters were giving extreme amounts of seals, recently in random queue dungeon/skirmishes again, i can only laugh at using botting as "reason" for any change around here...

And yes, multiboxing might not be botting directly, but it's damn close to botting considering that only one character is played by a real person, while the other characters only follow and execute commands transmitted by a program to them.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Removed.
    Post edited by nunya#5309 on
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    man idk the reason for fishing changes but i can say i'm happy that i got my demonic sleed last year, fishing is now really annoying
    fishing is awful now, i will skip that part

Also why Stuf from start have to be BOC and not BOA ? had stars saved in a old toon wnated the yeti "mount" for fun in another toon but cant send him...
    Post edited by rafaelda on
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    regenerde said:

And yes, multiboxing might not be botting directly, but it's damn close to botting considering that only one character is played by a real person, while the other characters only follow and execute commands transmitted by a program to them.

When I said botting, I did not mean serious botting as multiboxing, hacking the client, etc.
    The old fishing can be automated by anyone with no programming knowledge, special tool, etc at all. Basically, anyone could do it if they want to with one sentence instruction/hint (19 words in total).
    The skeleton was a way to interrupt it but it did not work well because people found one or two fish holes do not have skeleton comes out at all.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jganthjganth Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    @callumf - perhaps they just don't want the D&D brand anymore; if enough stop playing they can legitimately say there's no interest so shutting down servers. I mean to go from such a joyful experience to dismal disappointment with each iteration, there's got to be something up.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited December 2018

regenerde said:

When I said botting, I did not mean serious botting as multiboxing, hacking the client, etc.
    The old fishing can be automated by anyone with no programming knowledge, special tool, etc at all. Basically, anyone could do it if they want to with one sentence instruction/hint (19 words in total).
    The skeleton was a way to interrupt it but it did not work well because people found one or two fish holes do not have skeleton comes out at all.
    Question is, why not fix those buggy fishing spots, instead of messing up fishing completly?

Anyway, i gave the new fishing a try today... if they increase the current regular "catch" 3-5 times, it might be worth playing around with.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

Does this thread represent the thoughts and opinions of the majority of players?

Random Queue introduction - 50/50. I am actually more miffed at only one alt per account getting AD on runs. It has reduced my usage of my alts which makes the game more boring with game play of only one class/alt.

Salvage changes - Bad. Mostly because salvage at least took care of the lack of updates for gear in older content. Now its just junk clogging up your inventory.

Mod 15 - TR got screwed. Other classes changed neither good or bad. Devs still seem to have a hard-on for GWF. Profession update sucks harry balls. HoF is meh (I really, really want to kill off all the characters in that campaign, I have grown to hate them).

Winter Event Fishing Update - Absolutely 1000% sucks! I cannot stress how bad of a HAMSTER up this change it.

Crafting update - See above, aka, sucks.

Daily RAD refining limit - This only effects a very limited number of people (not me). I mean 100K a day seem pretty high.

Enchanted Lockbox changes - Meh. I never buy keys. Out of all the lockboxes I have opened for VIP, I got maybe one epic with something worth 300K.

Some really buggy content has been released as well. Like the Enhanced Illusionist Mask still does not work and still has not been fixed. Just a lot of known bugs just ignored and content released.

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    I want my Legendary fishing rod back, 40 starlight??? not worth breaking it!!! most folks work hard for it and you Devs just blows what we worked and earned. why pushing a redo and start over? we still need "EVENT Bag" for fishes.
    new ice fishing are terrible, this is feedback, it take way so much time when we need more simple ways. couldnt finish or get rarer fishes. your fishing concept is way too slow. i havent seen any candlefish get pulled.
    winter festival are meant to be fun and quick, not "3rd job".
    i have seen many angry comments on open zone chats, not going to say it, just nasty to hear that.

i think this ice fishing got killed. last year i was able to get random 10-15 treasure per hour, then yesterday, i see none, no hope for my alts to get that tyrannacy done. lost that option for linu's favor as i was looking forward for months and seeing it died.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    I never really minded the SOMI fishing for what it was, but I really liked the more laid-back winter version better. Thankfully, I have no reason to fish this year (all my alts are complete up to thru Mod 9), but if I did, I don't think I would bother.

To play devil's advocate, it does make sense to have one fishing rod you can use everywhere now. I always thought it was clumsy not being able to use the Starlight Rod in Chult or the SOMI rod in Winterfest. Now we just need to eventually get "The One Rod" up to legendary!
    edited December 2018
    sorry for my grammer in advanced, i am deaf, and i am doing my best to tell a tale.

Lords of the Fishing Rods.
    long time ago.... the lords of elves, dwarves, and humans, and halflings had no lord and fishing was unknown before they met 3 great races.
    The elven lords created 3 Majestic Mahogany wood with no peer among other rods.
    and so, the 5 dwarven kings made their own, and created with White Paper Beech wood and reenforced with platinium stubs and rings.
    Atlast, human kings, and there were 7 of them, Lords of Neverwinter, Calimshan, Waterdeep, Candlekeep, Cair Conig, Luskan, and Amn, these lands are known as Sword Coast, created 7 refined steel with nest quality Ash wood from Charwood Forest which exist before fateful volcanic eruption destroyed the forest, it will be decades for these mighty trees to return.

All was well, until one of halfling found a mysterious, unaware it was a master fishing rod, a legendary rod that rules all the rod, no one knew who made that legendary rod.

One day, he heard about fishing festival, he want to go, so he met all the kings and the lords, and they told him it was only for kings and lords meeting on affairs of Sword Coast, he went upset and enraged that he wasnt a king or a lord, then he cursed their rods, and all their rods broken, and not far away, Mt Hotenow volcano blew and burn the forest, and White paper beech turned black and rotting, and Mahogany vanished to other realm and never to be seen again.

Ao and Mystria heard an outcry and to investigate and later took the legendary rod and hidden again, not sure what to do.

Centuries later, folks remade the fishing rods with lesser made quality rods for long time, rods still breaks, until recent years adventurers before they became gatherers, found legendary rod, for years, the crafters found a way to duplicate the lost art of crafting the rod forgotten in the mist of times.
    unknown to folks, it began to corrupt the fishmasters becoming Rod Wraiths, the souless fishermen, seeded the hole with other fishermen killed by Rodwraiths.

Ao and newly revived Mystria and discovered the legendary rod was no longer hidden and corrupting, we cant do this, this must be done with higher plane of those who created us Gods of Toril, we need to summon them. They may not like it, one of faceless zen gods, send a message to a Gigantor known as Lan Thuliga, to find a original legendary rod and to threw in cauldra of Hotenow and seen it destroyed, and all the legendary clones somehow shattered and the curse finally broken.

in the chain of events, players discovered legendary rod they owned, broken beyond of repairs.
    This end of the Rod saga.

calling "Rod Wraiths" was a joke word for fishing bots.
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    I've completely written off doing anything in the winter area other than picking up my daily gift, all due to this fishing change. It's absolutely horrible. I don't know what's worse: that the devs perhaps didn't test this fully, or that they did and thought this was a proper change. Terrible either way.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
    they were trying to kill the bots but it hurt players even more, (these with slower reflex cordination).

not many go fishing in Sea of Moving Ice.
    seem devs dont put survey or poll for players' opinions, it made them seem having a power trip and players are not happy seeing what they enjoy for long time and get taken away.

we need devs be more social active on this forum pages, not that other tweet or FB or reggit sites, Just Homepage site here! i dont understand why using Moderators as messengers when that job was to keep forum civil and clean.

new texture for ice fishing look okay, but too slippy and new format are hated and some players are having issue with q, e, and r keys are error prone due to finger reflexions for specific players, and wanted old format back or more simpler fishing mode.

my suggestion was, make the ice holes little more shorter or expand larger pond for extra ice pools and more room 'to run around"
    one more thing, i even dont like "Waiting for a bite" it too long, i clocked few time i waited for 30 seconds for next bite before reeling in. that dont work for some players, they get 10-14 fishes/starlights in 15 mins, i was pulling 6-7 fishes/stars in 15 mins, i had seen others pulled 30 fishes since they knew how to fish in SoMI.
    i missed my legendary and not happy with 40 stars for exchange.

those 'crater like' pools seem look wrong, i have not seen any real ice hole pools like that when i went fishing ages ago. couldnt fish on ice since most winter got too warm and ice are thinner at my local areas.