test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

+1 Items Do Not Count For Artisan's MW Tasks

feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
I just crafted a dragon's blood +! to finish my quests to get the alchemy MW III recipes. The artisan doesn't care. Apparently I have to do a mediocre job and only craft dragon's blood without the +1 to complete the task.

This is obnoxious. It is a waste of exploring/gathering time and guild marks. Please fix.

Comments

• feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Since the devs apparently don't consider it a priority to simply have the tasks recognize +! items as well as regular ones, with my 81% chance of success and 41% chance of producing a +1 I have so far produced 1 failure and 2 +1 dragon's blood. Out of 3 attempts, that's 3 kinds of failure when the chance of any failure should be under 20%. THIS IS WHY THE RNG SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM CRAFTING.
    edited December 2018
    And now, of course, the RNG refuses to allow me to successfully craft aqua regia to get to the next dragon's blood. This has been a waste of 2 days' morale and thousands of guild marks. There should be some serious compensation to players for this amateurish nonsense. The RNG is bad enough in this game without compounding its broken results with a simple coding failure.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    This issue has been reported before, including by myself, and we have basically gotten the brush off. This is important enough that it should NOT be forgotten or swept under the rug.
    "Hi, we created this entire mod around a new crafting system and then completely bolluxed up the really expensive masterwork part that's supposed to be its endgame. Also we're not going to fix our obvious amateurish mistakes. Not for 6 months or so, as usual. We have to "collect data," as always. Have fun!"

Obvious solutions to this:

1) An option to remove the focus RNG from MW tasks at the player's request, so +1 items cannot be created in those circumstances.
    2) Allow the retainer to exchange +1 items for normal items, and maybe a compensatory bonus in gold.
    3) Actually do some work and allow +1 items to count in the artisan's tasks. Just add a phrase to the artisan's dialogue that includes these items, change the count to require a total of normal and +! items of the same type, and you're done.
  • mcfobmcfob Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Fix this asap please! +1's need to be recognized for blacksmithing quests and the mw3 store
  • mcfobmcfob Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    I would be happy with a merchant that allows you to trade +1 items for normal, straight up, at least for temporary fix
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    As this is about to hit consoles in a month, you would think this would be a priority.

Instead we on console will feel your pain just as much if not more.

And crickets from the dev team.
  • alansweetalansweet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    So... As I understand it, put all MW activities on hold until the devs get around to fixing the most significant part of the last mod. They already made a large number of players go "on hold" because the devs released defective app for the delivery chest, now we are placed on hold yet again. Oh but the game is "Free"
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Just got my Forgehammer a couple weeks ago, and the inability to use +1 items for the Artisan quests is *hugely* annoying.
    I wonder if they are just waiting to patch us with a fix and launch AI campaign on console all at once? I can't believe they would also load these major mistakes onto other gaming platforms when they KNOW they exist and claim to have a Quality Control process.
    And yet another week goes by and this significant defect remains. After each maintenance update, I check with the SH Artisan and find that the devs still have not addressed this defect. It must be more profitable or satisfying creating new defects for future releases than it is to address the existing defects.
  • hav0clolhav0clol Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    The thing that bothers me is that it is a very simple fix, if a bit inelegant. Rather than say "craft me one Adamant Trap Door", the Artisan just has to say "craft me one Adamant Trap Door OR one Adamant Trap Door +1", and have the code reflect this!

This doesn't give any extra gold for a +1 result but who cares really.
  • anhuneddanhunedd Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I soon realised that it is better to use a lesser tool and, say, have a 65% chance of crafting an item with 0% focus, than a 80% chance with a Forgehammer, but a 45% chance that will be a +1 item. However, even that is not foolproof. I am slowly working towards the 20 Aqua Fortis needed to buy the next level of MW recipes, and even with 0% focus plus not using any +1 ingredients I still crafted a +1 version, which is massively annoying.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    anhunedd said:

...and even with 0% focus plus not using any +1 ingredients I still crafted a +1 version, which is massively annoying.

A +1 supplement, even Proficiency, can add to the chances of crafting a +1 item. And because the percentages you see in the UI are rounded to the nearest percent, it will show 0% until it reaches that halfway point where it rounds up to 1%.

anhunedd said:

...and even with 0% focus plus not using any +1 ingredients I still crafted a +1 version, which is massively annoying.

A +1 supplement, even Proficiency, can add to the chances of crafting a +1 item. And because the percentages you see in the UI are rounded to the nearest percent, it will show 0% until it reaches that halfway point where it rounds up to 1%.
    Hard no. There's a minimum focus required to get above 0%. For example, the minimum for Level 70 task Adept's Electuary is 694. If your focus is 693 or below, your chance of +1 result should be 0.0%. Not rounded.

What OP is reporting is when we have 500 focus for something that has a minimum focus of 700 (remember having 699 is already 0%), and we get a +1 result. Well, there is definitely a bug somewhere there. It's not some rounding UI display error, it's not some lottery winning legendary-mount RNG luck. It's just a bug.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    hav0clol said:

Hard no. There's a minimum focus required to get above 0%. For example, the minimum for Level 70 task Adept's Electuary is 694. If your focus is 693 or below, your chance of +1 result should be 0.0%. Not rounded.

What OP is reporting is when we have 500 focus for something that has a minimum focus of 700 (remember having 699 is already 0%), and we get a +1 result. Well, there is definitely a bug somewhere there. It's not some rounding UI display error, it's not some lottery winning legendary-mount RNG luck. It's just a bug.

I'm just telling you like it is. You can be one point above the minimum focus and the UI will show 0%.

That's not a bug. It's due to UI design and/or coding, but it's not a bug.

The ability for +1 ingredients and/or supplements to still produce a +1 finished product when your focus value is below the minimum, I believe is a bug. Either due to the focus value being below the minimum it is not displaying the additive effect of the +1 ingredients/supplements, or because you are below the minimum any +1 ingredients/supplements should not add their bonuses. However, until they fix it, it is a bug we have to deal with.
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Where are the devs on this issue? I'm still stuck on multiple multiple professions due to this problem, can we at least PLEASE get confirmation that this will be fixed? Why is this taking so long? I'm so frustrated...
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User

Since the devs apparently don't consider it a priority to simply have the tasks recognize +! items as well as regular ones, with my 81% chance of success and 41% chance of producing a +1 I have so far produced 1 failure and 2 +1 dragon's blood. Out of 3 attempts, that's 3 kinds of failure when the chance of any failure should be under 20%. THIS IS WHY THE RNG SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM CRAFTING.

Your effective success rate for this case (chance of getting a regular non +1 item) is 0.81*0.59~=0.48. So, if you decrease your tool level to a point where you get 0% focus chance and something above 50% for crafting, you should be better off overall.

I wonder if they are taking this long on purpose, considering that before the professions change, if you had no legendary tools and a mythic forgehammer, the best chance you had was 35%. They might use that internally to justify to themselves why they are not prioritizing it. At least that's why I think a fix won't be coming too soon.
    edited January 2019
    Whatever their justification for their lack of progress on this issue, it IS creating a glut of +1 crafting supplies on the Auction House that no one wants and in many instances are worth less than half of the value of the "normal" ones. At this point, months later, we can safely assume that nothing that is said here will persuade or pressure them into fixing the mistakes. Hell, they just released mod 15 on xbox and apparently there are still a number of issues that have been brought up here that are now being talked about on console too.
    and we go yet another week in which this defect persists. The devs and managers either are unable or have no desire to fix something they messed up and affects all players. But we have learned to expect such from them
    edited January 2019
    nvm
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited January 2019
    This is working as intended for now. Please see this thread for Asterdahl's explanation on the topic. Closing this thread up as that other thread on the topic is still alive, and it feels a bit late to merge this one.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.