test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

shields warrior wrath 120% buff instead 20%

mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
edited November 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)

1.character without tree features.
2.character without companions.
3. character with test weapon.
4. 1 hit cleave =442.4 damage.
5. fighters recovery ( proc survivor wraps to get x5 shield warrior wrath)
6. 1 hit cleave 973,4 damage
7. do the math is around 120% damage buff from shield warrior wrath.

I did the test on live with the 100-100 weapon.
Post edited by mamalion1234 on

Comments

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Weird. ACT log? But tywm for info anyway.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Weird. ACT log? But tywm for info anyway.

i have act log with the damage without the feat and with the feat.
  • nevertwinevertwi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I can confirm this bug. It is not just on preview. It is on live too. At rank 3 it gave +115% damage and rank 4 it gave 120% damage. So it seems someone copied a (1+SWW Buff) into some other part with another 1 in it resulting in a 1+ some stuff+ (1+SWW Buff).

Additionally it is broken in another way too. On the Example of ET with SWW rank 3:
    Damage without SWW: 6185 damage
    The first hit activates the buff, adds 100% damage and shows 1 stack of SWW as icon : 12371 damage
    The second hit buffs for additionally 3% resulting in +103% damage and shows 2 stacks of SWW as icon: 12557 damage
    The third hit buffs for additionally 3% resulting in +106% damage and shows 3 stacks of SWW as icon: 12742 damage
    The forth hit buffs for additionally 3% resulting in +109% damage and shows 4 stacks of SWW as icon: 12920 damage
    The fifth hit buffs for additionally 3% resulting in +112% damage and shows 5 stacks of SWW as icon: 13114 damage
    The next hit buffs for additionally 3% resulting in +115% damage and shows 5 stacks of SWW as icon with the last hit hidden: 13299 damage
    Post edited by nevertwi on
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Confirmed.

Checked with R4 SWW on preview, no feats, using 1000 damage weapon.

First hit without any stacks deals 2782.38. Cast Terrifying Impact for wraps, then shield 6x hits of Wraps to make sure I'm fully buffed up. Then I attack again, damage is 6121.23.

6121.23/2782.38= 2.199999...

We suspect this is due to a rounding error of trying to fix the previously bugged 40% SWW down to its "intended" 20% max stacks.

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Good work in finding this out.

Was scratching my head at what was happening in PvP for a moment (that's if anyone cares about that, I still do, ha!).

So instead of Devs going for a "nerf GF damage" balancing maybe they can just fix this bug to make it work as intended ... Here's to hoping anyway.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Was wondering why I turned into a god swapping steel grace out for this. Was thinking a similar thing.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Passing this on to the rest of the team.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    please fix
  • heimdal#3771 heimdal Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    The GF can also spam one of their powers under certain conditions, in cn i could hear that "clank" through the fight, he went from 40 to 80 mill dmg during orcus, beating my friends 18k combat HR on that bossfight. AND beeing smug about it i might add :)
  • heimdal#3771 heimdal Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    And since you seem to finally beeing interessed in fixing powers, fix cordon of arrows amd missing dmg from orcus set on trapper too. Or do you only work on bugs with advantages?
    SoD got fiexed in few days, so I estimated this bug leading to compareable results will be fixed in few days @nitocris83 ?
  • nevertwinevertwi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    While the bug leading to +120% instead of 20% is fixed with patch 105-20181121b-6 the other mentioned bug is still around. On an example of SWW rank 4:
    1. The first hit taken activates the buff, adds 0% damage and shows 1 stack of SWW as buff icon.
    2. The second hit buffs for 4% and shows 2 stacks of SWW.
    3. The third hit buffs for additional 4% resulting in a 8% buff and shows 3 stacks of SWW.
    4. The forth hit buffs for additional 4% resulting in a 12% buff and shows 4 stacks of SWW.
    5. The fifth hit buffs for additional 4% resulting in a 16% buff and shows 5 stacks of SWW.
    6. The next hit buffs for additional 4% resulting in a 20% buff and shows 5 stacks of SWW.
    And please fix the bugs with Griffons Wrath and Staggering Challenge mentioned in the other bug posts too.
  • mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer

Thanks for this- A fix went live for this in the latest patch.
    Cheers!
    M.K.
    Go ahead, click on the chest...
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Cheers!
    M.K.
    Hopefully now we can stop hearing about how strong GF are. I mean the damage buff of 40% has been in the game for a while and 120% was just insane. This should improve the game significantly and maybe get a few DPS GF away from that build and back to focusing on being a tank.

Cheers!
    M.K.
    Maybe the upcoming rework of GF will focus on tank ablities over dps in further mods, since GF needs a little push into that direction, pointing at the dominance of OP in 99% of all runs.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User