test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why replace things we like with things we hate

mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
One of the best things about the winterfest was the fishing. I really can't understand why anyone would want the somi FAILED fishing to replace the highly enjoyable fishing from winterfest. The professions was also a fun part of the event. Saying that it is due to new professions is not accurate as you already had an event with professions so winterfest could have had it. I was really looking forward to this event now it seems that this too is ruined.

I really hope i am wrong but i doubt it
There are more than BIS players in this game
RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    mynaam said:

One of the best things about the winterfest was the fishing. I really can't understand why anyone would want the somi FAILED fishing to replace the highly enjoyable fishing from winterfest. The professions was also a fun part of the event. Saying that it is due to new professions is not accurate as you already had an event with professions so winterfest could have had it. I was really looking forward to this event now it seems that this too is ruined.

I really hope i am wrong but i doubt it

Just curious.
    How do you figure out they are replacing winterfest fishing?
    How do you know there will be no winterfest profession?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Personally I like how all the previous Starlight Vendor items are now zen store...while the two new items are ok, everything else going to the zen store is HAMSTER...
    edited December 2018
    I assume the change of fishing part is they know people could bot it (and were botting it) in the original winter fishing.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Well, I'm more concerned with the bug with the speed boosts in the race. Are they still there?
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    On the bright side, who doesn't want to ride a yeti..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Another year with nothing done against the scamming during this (or any other seasonal) event, hell, i still have stacks upon stacks of lanterns and stars on most of my characters, since i simply got sick and tired of this HAMSTER. It even seemed, that players from well known guilds were going out of their way to "get the most out of the event" because they could, and nothing was or is done against it.

And i guess doing something against the massive lag from "Gift of Simril" drops wasn't on the Devs to-do-list either. It looks like it is more important to find other ways to squeeze more money from players, and messing something up that was working just fine and did help lessen the campaign currencies grind a little bit, then actually coming up with real improvements for the players.

Here's an idea for the ZEN shop, how about letting longtime players upgrade their old packs for a little fee, and bring back the class packs in an improved version?

Anyway, the new companion and mount are both "green", but i guess they'll still cost 10-15 stars each?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I hated having the undead pop out of the lake and send me flying, so if that never happens again, it's all good.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I hate fishing in all its forms. It's kept me away from this event in the past and will apparently continue to do so.
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User

I hate fishing in all its forms. It's kept me away from this event in the past and will apparently continue to do so.

I'm right there with you. The fishing in this game be in Winter event or SOMI is god aweful.
    The winter event is about greeting 3 person every day for me.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Make a unique emote for gift giving to prevent spoofing.

Make items go straight to players' inventories to prevent lag.

For the live of all that's holy, make the gift rewards BtA. Having to discard cool items when alts could use them really isn't helping anyone.

As mentioned up thread, I won't mind the SoMI mechanic if it gets rid of the unlucky anglers. I would ten times prefer my success to be based on skill, not RNG. The skeletons were just stupid and annoying. An epic pet could solo them yet they made the zone very unfriendly for low level characters.

I really would prefer the original Monster on Ice to return as well.

Most of the stuff going to the Zen store is worthless. Especially the items that drop in Starlight bags
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    BLERG. I have to get the Yeti mount for my GWF. He already wears the Yeti Hunter fashion gear and currently rides the Tribal Polar Bear. URGH. That means I'm going to have to fish!
    Best currency farm is gifting.
    pitshade said:

Best currency farm is gifting.

That means I can mostly or entirely skip fishing?
    Until we see the changes in action, it is impossible to say with certainty. However, based on past years, Gifting yields a large quantity of Lights of Simril and a decent number of Stars of Fortune. The only things tied to fishing were crafting related and achievements as well as the ability to farm some older campaign currencies.
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    i know that people "stealing" in winter fest is a thing, but if you dont have trusted guild or 4 people in friends list to do the gifting then yikes
    edited December 2018
    No offense, but the Devs had years to figure something helpfull out, and there were more then enough good and solid suggestions being made from players as well, but nothing has changed this far for the better...

At this point i'm just asking for an option to exchange those bloody Gift of Simril at a NPC for a chest/trove/pack, that contains similar rewards as they come from the whole group scam sing & dance, and be done with it.
    Other players can still do their lantern thing, and this might also help lessen the lag during this event too.
    Want to know why?
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    regenerde said:

No offense, but the Devs had years to figure something helpfull out, and there were more then enough good and solid suggestions being made from players as well, but nothing has changed this far for the better...

At this point i'm just asking for an option to exchange those bloody Gift of Simril at a NPC for a chest/trove/pack, that contains similar rewards as they come from the whole group scam sing & dance, and be done with it.
    Other players can still do their lantern thing, and this might also help lessen the lag during this event too.

exept its not only about rewards, for some its a way to hang out with guildmates, chat and open boxes, cheer when someone gets something good.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    How to not get scammed.

A) make your own party. 5-10 gifts.
    B) everyone links a gift in party chat.
    C) open alphabetically. ie. Angelheart Unicorn goes first, Zack the Orc goes last.

Enjoy.

Moderator edited out profanity.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    No idea what my toon is now.
    If one person is gifting at a time, it is easy to verify that items are being put in your inventory.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    How to not get scammed.

Have 4 friends.

Go gift crazy.

How to not get scammed.

Have 4 friends.

Go gift crazy.

And all of you prepare to do it for hours.
    jonkoca said:

How to not get scammed.
    A) make your own party. 5-10 gifts.
    B) everyone links a gift in party chat.
    C) open alphabetically. ie. Angelheart Unicorn goes first, Zack the Orc goes last.
    Enjoy.
    Moderator edited out profanity.

Been there, done that... only problem here, "Zack the Orc" leaves/goes offline and joins another party later when it's his turn.
    Want to know why?
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I always look on in a little bit of wonder when everyone goes on about being gift-scammed, or the fear of it. I have opened SEVERAL THOUSAND gifts over the years and have never been scammed (except like a couple gifts in the first year, which very well may have just been confusion). What I commonly DO see is people opening extras to be nice. If anything, people are just desperate to get rid of the damn things!! I always group with randoms (no guilds, no channels, almost never friends list), usually do ABC order, and everything works out fine.

I don't know if it's my good luck, other people's bad luck, mass hysteria, or what, but I just don't this being a problem. I also play late night US time, so maybe all the scammers are school kids in the Americas and I miss them?

Also, yeah, what jonkoca said. If someone is resorting to that, they've got far worse problems than I do.