test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP - Stronghold Siege and Gauntlgrym Battlegrounds need drastic changes

Stronghold Siege (20vs20) and Gauntlgrym Battlegrounds (10vs10) are two important gamemodes. The first one is required to unlock an achievement, while the second one is necessary to unlock at least 1 boon (but, more realistically, 2 boons) from the PVP Campaign. However, they are both dead playlists. No one queue for these gamemodes. The few games which can be rarely found are, in the case of Siege, a 20vs1 organized by some alliance, or a 10vs10 on Gauntlgrym, organized by someone with an incredible effort, spending hours spamming in Protector's Enclave or Chult just to obtain 3-4 games.
Therefore, I'm addressing to the developers: why don't you change these two playlists?
There are many ways:
1) Adjusting the minimum requirements: Allow players to start a game with half of the players (i.e. 10vs10 Siege and 5vs5 Gauntlgrym). Easiest solution.
2) Add a weekly quest inside the Guild Stronghold rewarding HIGH VALUABLE PRIZES: Like the quest already active for Siege, another quest can be added to the Master of Coin for Gauntlgrym. And both of them improved. A solution could be rewarding a high amount of rough AD (20k?), similarly to Expert Queue. Or simply an appealing amount of Influence (500?). In both cases, many peoples will start playing these playlists weekly. Easy solution as well.
3) Drastically change the PVP: A possibility would be changing the maps, matching the size of a smaller team, and add them in a random rotation together with domination, actually the most played gamemode. However, without encouraging a casual player to join such a playlist (AD reward? usefull item/currency?), the goal could be missed anyway cause most of the community is not involved in PVP. Hardest and much complicate solution.

I hope my suggestions could help improving the game.
Thanks for attention.

Comments