test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MOD 15 - Weapon set of choice

nihlocke#5890 nihlocke Member Posts: 69 Arc User
Mod 15 has been out for a while and most of you probably noticed that the Masterwork Weapon Sets got quite the buff over what they were before.

Namely, the fact that they can have an item level of up to item level 570 (probably a little more, I still have to see an Exalted, +1 Legendary weapon). Also, the fact they go for around a kidney each.

That means a lot of stats and, most importantly, weapon damage over the Primal, Pioneer, Pilgrim, Sunset, Tyrant and (lol) Wootz Weapon sets everyone was using up until mod 15 hit.

There's also the crafted blue weapon "set" of item level 500-510 that sells for around 16k on the AH. It has no bonuses to at-wills, set bonus and whatnot, but that's still a ilvl 510 weapon set you can snatch for 16k right after you get to lvl 70. To put thing into perspective, Primal Weapons have an item level of 455 at green, and you still gotta farm them, while hoping to get lucky with the right bonuses. That's 55 item level worth of stats and weapon damage between the two.

The point of the thread is: what should different classes and roles be using as their weapon set of choice?

According to the damage formula (thread here https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1228351/pc-pve-basic-ability-information/p1 ) weapon damage (WeaponBaseDamage) is one of the most important factors when dealing damage. Let's take a look at a Legendary Exalted GF Main Hand damage range:

Legendary Exalted Primal Weapon GF: 2059-2516

Legendary Exalted MW3 Weapon GF: 2327-2844

That's some damage gap gotta say.

Of course, there's also the set bonus: 10% more personal dmg for Primal, 2% more party dmg and party dmg resistance.

Would you say the Primal set bonus outweights the difference in base weapon damage and party utility, as far as dps classes go? Is there anyone who made calculations?

Also, what do you think every class should be using?

Are Pioneer and Sunset obsolete or can they still get some love, like Pioneer for powersharing?

Would you be willing to get irradiated hoping to grow the extra kidney you'd need to afford a MW3 set?

And what about the blue item level 500-510 weapon set? When would you give it a go?

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    The MW3 set is clearly BiS for the DPS classes - no question, but that is probably only going to last until mod 16 ... so is it worthwhile to switch? For some, yes, but others might want to stick with Exalted Primal (or possibly sunset while in Barovia). It is basically a question whether the DPS increase is worth the significant AD cost.

For a power-sharing AC DC, the Pioneer set is certainly a viable choice, but the +2 group-wide bonuses of the MW weapons are better for the group as a whole.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    adinosii said:

The MW3 set is clearly BiS for the DPS classes - no question, but that is probably only going to last until mod 16 ... so is it worthwhile to switch? For some, yes, but others might want to stick with Exalted Primal (or possibly sunset while in Barovia). It is basically a question whether the DPS increase is worth the significant AD cost.

For a power-sharing AC DC, the Pioneer set is certainly a viable choice, but the +2 group-wide bonuses of the MW weapons are better for the group as a whole.

Actually the MC is better for a powersharing character because it has more power to share. The Pioneer set when at 520IL it has 8K power + 1 from the set bonus = 9K power. The MC set at 560 has just as much power, when at 570 it has more power.

Any power share build should run the MC set for more power sharing. Pioneer was good til mod 14.

If you want to be the best you can be, than you need MC weapons, even the older MC2 are better than primal.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I bought, refined and exhalted the MW3 weapons, they make a big difference, especially in pvp. No way was I spending that much for the +1 version though.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • nihlocke#5890 nihlocke Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    So I guess we should all be aiming for those MW3, regardless of our roles and classes? My ACDC is kind of fine with it, even if it is gonna suck saving up all those ADs.

So, just for the sake of it, has anybody tried the blue ilvl 510 set? How does it fare against Primal?
    Added bonus too, if everyone in the party has them, the buff goes up to 10%.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

I bought, refined and exhalted the MW3 weapons, they make a big difference, especially in pvp. No way was I spending that much for the +1 version though.

MC3 weapons are around a 12% boost to damage over primal. The MC3 +1 is less than 3% above the MC3 weapons and around 15% above primal.

If you have your MC3 exhalted and another player has the MC3 +1 and not exhalted the weapons have the same stats.

For the added cost the +1 is not worth it. If you are a MC and can make the weapons than the cost between +1 and MC3 the cost variance is not really there for the MC. If you have a friend who is a MC, you will probably have to wait to get a +1 as many MC will be trying to sell the +1 for a large profit.

I bought all of my MC weapons and off hand for 500K AD each and I did it on 3 characters. Now on PS4 the pricing is around a 1m each. I got my stuff for a steal when compared to what others are now paying. My understanding that the pricing will only continue to go up until it is around 1.5-2M for a MC3 weapon and twice that for a +1.

Unless I'm a big lottery winner that does not care about money than the +1 IMO are not worth their cost; just like R14 enchantments are not worth their cost.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited December 2018

I bought all of my MC weapons and off hand for 500K AD each and I did it on 3 characters. Now on PS4 the pricing is around a 1m each. I got my stuff for a steal when compared to what others are now paying. My understanding that the pricing will only continue to go up until it is around 1.5-2M for a MC3 weapon and twice that for a +1.

On PC, I brought the DC pieces for 700k and 900k, maybe? Don't remember the exact amount. I think this was before the announcement (even though I read the forums, I didn't know about the change until I notice my iLvl went up after mod 15). Current prices are 1.4m and 2.4m. They were higher for a while. Will PS4 see the same rise in prices? Remember there is a huge ZAX backlog, so players who are drowning in AD may be bidding them up.
    HR MH 2mill, OH 1.5mill. That was week or so ago. A bit grindy, but do-able. The +1 MH was 6mill. So, no. Not gonna happen.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    How do you exalt the MW 3 weapons? I do not find an option to restore them on their menu.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    The same way you exalt any weapons, you have to run CoDG. Once a week, you get an ampoule (in your currency tab). You need 5 for main hand and 3 for off hand. The npc that does the upgrade is in Port Nyanzaru, near Celeste. So join the crowd. I've been getting CoDG in REQ so many times recently. Success rate is like 1 in 10. What a waste of REQ time.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    The off-hands are out of range for me at the moment. But the main-hands are do-able. I tried just the main-hand on my Paladin and saw improvement even without the set bonus....
  • svenisperfectsvenisperfect Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    Is it just me or did they adjust the weapon damage to be equal to the other weapons?
  • cforest#0755 cforest Member Posts: 61 Arc User

Is it just me or did they adjust the weapon damage to be equal to the other weapons?

Weapon damage is equal to other weapons if you're scaled down, such as in Winter Festival.