test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Professions Overhaul

1424344454648»

Comments

• tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    epok#7782 said:

So the official patch notes when this mod went live only provided a link to this thread when talking about the professions overhaul. I'm sorry but I'd rather not read 47 pages just to try and guess what you guys did and didn't change.

Can you please make an actual new thread/announcement about the state of professions at release? One that also summarizes the official changes you've made based on these 47 pages of feedback.

Thanks,

+1

And also, they really should have waited to release the craft part of this mod... lot of bugs, and the funniest (because they are aiming to sink some gold in the new system) :
    here and there some really easy reciepes allowing you to earn 20 to 50 gold on your 400 moral...
    + basic collecting task repeated in infinite mode with a ratio of 1,1 (sell/cost) when 0% commission.

I understand that you can make some gold-money with the new system, if you look closely and are able to calculate a bit, to be more or less self-sufficient.
    But the scale here is insane and way to easy (you only need to do a 2-3 craft before to unlock some of the best sell/cost ratio).

31 toons for me, so i planed to open gradually my 31 workshops (and accelerated like crazy as soon as I saw their mistakes), all working during this weekend.
    31 x more than 50 gold per day (with 0% commission artisans, but i pushed to have at least -25% with old system transfer, though it's mostly irrelevent due to the insane ratio) on the most easy and lucrative craft (which should be nerfed as soon as possible).

It's not a bug, I use the game as they intended with the prices they decided, and it's not unfair regarding to other players as everyone can see that like you see an elephant in a corridor they just need to take a more than a quick look at craft...
    So I will definitely milk it as much as possible.

Devs probably mixed up between copper/silver for some selling prices... so obviously it's somewhat broken, and today more and more people are aware of this, as obviously you want to spread the trick to your friends/guild/ally.

Yeah, they make gold even more irrelevant than before this mod, there is an emergency hotfix needed here. =) :P ;) xD

• ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    epok#7782 said:

So the official patch notes when this mod went live only provided a link to this thread when talking about the professions overhaul. I'm sorry but I'd rather not read 47 pages just to try and guess what you guys did and didn't change.

Can you please make an actual new thread/announcement about the state of professions at release? One that also summarizes the official changes you've made based on these 47 pages of feedback.

Thanks,

Definitely. For one thing they need to make clear what is a bug and what is wai. There's too much confusion right now and with all the bugs it's impossible to guess if some of the really crappy non-gamebreaking parts is also bugs or if it's wai.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • entrery99entrery99 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Why I spent real money and Astral Diamonds buying purple masters for professions...so I wasted my real money. Now you propose to change my already unnecessary purple masters to 200,000 currency scrolls with a scanty chance to get a purple master. When you exchange my old purple master is 30,000 currency, and the new and not the fact that there will be purple so still you have entered not valid parameters from the masters, such as" Commission " which can be equal to 100% and in order for me to do any thing I just have to pay. What are you doing??? Are you really gonna expect me to go back to b after this? what would you then something else came up and again I was robbed? You have a very bad tendency to make new updates you only spoil the game. Make me an equivalent exchange of my old purple masters for new ones, and then I'll think to carry the money into the game or not. I am more than confident that all the players who have spent their real money in your game will support me.
  • theothergaliusz#7671 theothergaliusz Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Artisan dab hand does not work corectly when we select TIME option. I can see that the power was trigger by the icone, but i still get normal amount of resources (x2). I tested it with adventurer window.
    You get double only if i create item instantly.

Maybe because i was not logged into the game when the task was complited.
  • entrery99entrery99 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Now game starting official bottingman for geting gold??? Or how get many gold for craft if you give me purple master with 200% Commission and -75% speed.... that normal??? I make some resourse 70lvl 4-5 hours gor 3gold??? i must play 24hour ???
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

Throughout the new workshop storyline, I expected Karmela to show up at the end as a super-duper Mythic Artisan of Gond…. but no, she just walks out in despair, with a comment from Lady Begum that seems to leave the whole storyline unresolved. Hm.

Yes I was really sad about that. During the whole WS storyline we understand what happened to her, being too obsessed by the decreasing quality of the products that she'd take care of all the fabrication, leading to an economic crash of her WS.

We get so deep into her relation to the WS that I was expecting to get Karmela as a super-artisan at the end of the storyline, as she's super good at crafting, and just needed a new boss to take care of the financial situation.
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    I'm not there yet, but I was also expecting to be able to hire Karmela at the end. How disappointing. :/
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    entrery99 said:

Now game starting official bottingman for geting gold??? Or how get many gold for craft if you give me purple master with 200% Commission and -75% speed.... that normal???

That's normal, yes: Some of the crafters are VERY expensive, and VERY slow. They're also very strong. You should use those for tasks where you *need* to succeed and want to spend the extra to make your odds better.
    entrery99 said:

I make some resourse 70lvl 4-5 hours gor 3gold??? i must play 24hour ???

No? Just log out. When you log back in, your completed tasks will appear in the box. As long as you keep the box from filling up, you'll keep getting all the results of all the tasks that finished while you were logged out.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    entrery99 said:

Why I spent real money and Astral Diamonds buying purple masters for professions...so I wasted my real money. Now you propose to change my already unnecessary purple masters to 200,000 currency scrolls with a scanty chance to get a purple master. When you exchange my old purple master is 30,000 currency, and the new and not the fact that there will be purple so still you have entered not valid parameters from the masters, such as" Commission " which can be equal to 100% and in order for me to do any thing I just have to pay. What are you doing??? Are you really gonna expect me to go back to b after this? what would you then something else came up and again I was robbed? You have a very bad tendency to make new updates you only spoil the game. Make me an equivalent exchange of my old purple masters for new ones, and then I'll think to carry the money into the game or not. I am more than confident that all the players who have spent their real money in your game will support me.

Epic artisans in the new system are not very epic. There is less than 20% variance in basic stats over the best epic artisan stats and the worst basic stats (which in my analysis was a rare artisan) The variance with most artisans is less than 10%. Of course, it all depends on what you are trying to accomplish. But overall, you are worrying over a non issue.

I did a review of all the artisans for two crafts. You can easily do this on test by upgrading your WS to level 4 and using the free scrolls available in the crates behind the workbench. You then isolate the artisans to one profession and hire 26 of them through the use of scrolls. It seems there are 26 artisans available per profession, so you will see all available artisans for the craft..common, rare and epic.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    > @bigblackafrica said:
    > I'm not there yet, but I was also expecting to be able to hire Karmela at the end. How disappointing. :/

Turns out once you finish the storyline you do get to hire Karmela. Unfortunately, she is not as great as the beginning of the story proclaims.
  • fogcrowfogcrow Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Regarding Karmela, yes, theres a way to hire her after the last workshop upgrade, but unlike the other quests in that questline, it doesn´t come to you, you need to go out and find that last quest yourself, and I´m not gonna spoil that "fun" for you^^.

what I will share, however, is what she´s like, so you can make a better descision where to put her than I did. She gets her very own, 27th artisan slot, and can´t be dismissed(not that I would do such a thing). Her stats are 385/385/0/0 passion projekt 25%, makeing her the best purple quality artisan I´ve seen so far when it comes to producing quality goods at low, or at least bearable gold costs. She can do only one profession, so not all of them like da hammer xD...now the descision I spoke of earlier: at the end she asks you something along the lines of "if you know so much about me, tell me, what am I actually doing?", and the profession you answer is what you get her for...and of course no way of knowing what you get before deciding where she ends up, or revising the desicsion where to put her once/if you realise your pick was suboptimal.
  • fogcrowfogcrow Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    now bug reports: the TR and HR offhands producable by normal weaponsmithing don´t display a damage value(not sure if they actually have none, didn´t craft an item looking useless)[Trickster rogue and hunter ranger offhand weapons also have a damage value, not just main hand weapons...normally].
    the level 70 swordknot produceable by non masterwork tailoring has only 400IL, and way lower stats than other offhands of same rank.
    level 70 non MW waist items in both tailoring and leatherworking lack enchantment slots.

Thats what I currently see on live, didn´t check current preview, sorry.
  • lordmacallan#5253 lordmacallan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Question - On PS4 so don't have access to PC/Test. Will you be able to move old Mod14 assets (like a Grandmaster Jewelcrafter) between toons once Mod15 hits, to choose which toon gets to convert which of the old assets into new asset currency/vouchers? Or do I need to pre-prep and transfer all old assets between the toons, to "get ready", before Mod15 goes live?

(I know the new Mod15 artisans are "BtC" so that is not my question here)

Question - On PS4 so don't have access to PC/Test. Will you be able to move old Mod14 assets (like a Grandmaster Jewelcrafter) between toons once Mod15 hits, to choose which toon gets to convert which of the old assets into new asset currency/vouchers? Or do I need to pre-prep and transfer all old assets between the toons, to "get ready", before Mod15 goes live?

The vouchers that those assets convert into remain unbound. You can transfer them around after Mod15 the same as before.

Even easier, really, since now they stack.

• lordmacallan#5253 lordmacallan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

The vouchers that those assets convert into remain unbound. You can transfer them around after Mod15 the same as before.

Even easier, really, since now they stack.

Thank you very much for the reply. Much appreciated! :-)
  • illussionillussion Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I am on xbox one. The mod is terrible, full of lag and impossible to scroll through professions. The game doesn't deserve a VIP active. Waste of all that money spent in this game. U always do whatever u want and don't listen to us customers so long the money keeps rolling for u. Big disappointment.
  • midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    Not true, i have zero lag. Only a minimun when i open SH chest to donate resources but no problem.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    The professions UI does indeed have lag. Oddly though, it only ever lags on one of my toons. Even odder, I mentioned it to 2 people I play with and they noticed the UI is laggy for only one of their toons as well.

It seems to run smoothly on every single other toon of mine (and theirs).
  • kerensa69kerensa69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The premium applications sucks. done it four times and every time its someone I wouldn't take if you paid me to. Complete waste of zen. Higher task costs, slower and just a complete disappointment. My advice is don't bother its a ripoff.
    kerensa69 said:

The premium applications sucks. done it four times and every time its someone I wouldn't take if you paid me to. Complete waste of zen. Higher task costs, slower and just a complete disappointment. My advice is don't bother its a ripoff.

Some of the blue and purple artisans are faster/cheaper, but you're right, the majority are more expensive and slower. This is because they have higher stats and "better boosts" (although the boosts are mostly not that great).

This mostly matters for Masterwork crafters, who want to maximise their chance of success on tasks that use very expensive (in time and AD) components, and don't particularly care about Gold costs or crafting time since they're going to rush everything using Morale anyway.
  • celthon#3663 celthon Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Not sure if this is correct place to post this question...apologies if it's not (perhaps Moderator can move it if necessary?):

Have only had the game since 4/27 so lots to learn yet...in my newly acquired 'Workshop' (just got it last night) I have two Adventurers whom I can send out to 'gather'...will I have the chance to hire more later (so far all applications are for new 'Artisans')? Do new Adventurers show-up in Applications from time to time?

When I have more than one pending new application is there no way to see the 2nd or 3rd without making a decision on the first...do I have to hire the first to be able to see the next applicant, and if it turns out better then dismiss the one I just hired and go back to hire the 2nd...if so it's an overly convoluted system that needs streamlining... :/

Thank you for your time and assistance.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    Adventurers will apply from time to time. There is no way to see past the first applicant without either accepting or declining said applicant.
  • celthon#3663 celthon Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    > @"mdarkangel#4696" said:
    > Adventurers will apply from time to time. There is no way to see past the first applicant without either accepting or declining said applicant.

Thank you.