test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Zen Pakets a Bad Joke for Old Players

Comments

• sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    lotta stuff said lotta stuff aggreed and disaggreed on..... but look at it like this...... u buy the ps4 an 2 days later they come out with a bundle for it at same price...... no u aint gunna get the item jus bc u already bought at prie witout the item but MOST LIKELY they wont stop u from buyin the new bundled ps4 so u dont miss out........
    or or or
    u buy the software an 3 days later they come out wit the new more updated same software...... those that already have the software wont get the upgrade for free but can PAY a side FEE for the upgrade bc they alredy own the original softwate.... they still dont lose out.......
    cryptic had the packs ppl bought them at said price an then x amount of time goes buy an cryptic comes out with the "upgraded" pack..... the issue is the same either way u look at it..... real life they let u buy the new "bundle" evn if u have the original item (more money for them who turns dwn money these days) or digital looks u got the software but had to pay an upgrade fee for the new software.
    so where in lies the problem?........ oh ya thats right... the ppl that got the original packs at a higher price lose out on the new upgradded packs bc they cant evn pay an upgrade fee to get the new stuff
  • dameon2kdameon2k Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    This isn't just a problem with the Dragon Pack, though not as big, but there is no account wide bag in my Guardian Pack either. I would be fine paying a reasonable fee to upgrade my Guardian Pack but I paid more than 60 for my Dragonborn Pack...try 75 bucks, which is 15 bucks more than new players are paying for the new pack. In my opinion, I should be given the new items in that pack. Same for the Hero of the North, I paid a lot more for it than new players are paying for that current pack. So I believe that is a legit gripe. BTW I had no AD in my version of the Hero of the North Pack. Just the way I feel about it. It is the same pack with the same reasoning with new items. Why wouldn't they just upgrade us to that pack? Seems like the most logical solution.
  • wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    we should be able to upgrade our packs for a small price :(
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    geno82 said:

2 weeks and no informations from Dev team... Great

Well, i had to contact support because a companion vanished without a trace... took them 10 days to find out that the companion was disabled by the Devs and it will be returned with a patch some day.

Anyway, i also asked about the new packs and how we could get them... answer, we can't, since the packs are linked to the race or something like it. And they couldn't even pass the message on to someone in charge either.
    I don't know, but shouldn't there be someone responsible for the ZEN shop reachable for these kinds of requests?

At this point i'd suggest asking them on facebook, twitter, youtube or any other social media or gaming site about the new pack and why we can't get them. May be that will bring us an official answer.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • alcasaar#7232 alcasaar Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    The zen shop at the moment it's a joke the last week it was black friday -40% , I take a example a character boost package on the store than it was 6000 zen , at the moment the packet is 10000 zen ! so normal 6000 + 40% = 8400 zen !! But they ask no 10000 zen thats 22,2 % more , so totaly we pay 40% + 22,2% = 62.2% more at the moment for this packet ! Funny on a new zen charge they give 2000 zen free or what ever , it's not free we pay for it if we buy a item out the store, becourse we buy the item / packet on 122,2 %. Think twice friends !

• strykergaming#5011 strykergaming Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2018

Bad analogy, really. A replacement car (or even just replacing seats) is a physically separate object that cost as much or more to produce than the original.

The only rational argument here is, "What makes sense for Cryptic to do, as a business entity who wants to encourage its' customers to spend more money and recommend their product to other people?".

Does it make sense to annoy and aggravate your existing customers? Does it make sense to encourage people to not buy something because, hey, if they update it, you are locked out? Does it make sense to try to cater to people who haven't already spent money with you rather than the people who already have?

Here is a typical quote from the sort of business advice sites that people pay money to in order to learn how to improve their profitability:

"For many of us - especially those in service businesses - our existing and previous customers are vital for three reasons:

1. They have already bought from us, so providing they had a good experience, they might buy from us again. We also know that getting a new customer is much more expensive than selling to an existing customer, so by continuing to sell to them, we are really saving ourselves some money.

2. They can give us invaluable feedback on how we did. Was our service good enough? Did we delight them or were we 'just ok'. Did our product meet their expectations? Was it good value for money? And so on.

3. They continue to save us money because they should be our major source of referrals and new business. So through them, we get access to new clients who already know about us and have a positive opinion of what we do.

Most clients I meet are not leveraging their existing customer database, and by not doing so, are losing out on a cost effective source of potential new business."

(Source: Megan Tough, https://www.businessknowhow.com; italics mine)

TL;DR: If you aren't treating your existing clients well, you are basically throwing money away.

One of the founding principles of Customer Service Relations in either retail or commercial business. I teach this to my first year business students. I guess some business think they can change the rules or simply ignore them. When it comes to the MMO industry, their turn over rate is so high that they have given up on retaining existing customers or trying to satisfy their concerns vs their wants and the game's needs.

Nothing is worse for a disgruntled customer to walk away from a "company" then tell 16 people how bad their experience was and more than likely embellishing the tale too. It then goes from there as those 16 tell 16 more each and so on. Figure how devastating that is for said business.
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    What new things does the new Feywild Pack have?

Last page it was told it has an account-wide bag, anything else?

I really wanted to be able to buy this account-wide bag separated or even with the whole reworked pack, but unfortunately i can't because i already have the old :'(
  • geno82geno82 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    No feywild haven't a account wide bag no bag in old system no bag in new system. Only dragonborn and menzo droe have a bag. The old menzo a 12slot bag and dragonborn 30
    edited December 2018
    I really don't get this "let's sit this one out" attitute from the person(s) in charge here...
    Want to know why?
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    geno82 said:

No feywild haven't a account wide bag no bag in old system no bag in new system. Only dragonborn and menzo droe have a bag. The old menzo a 12slot bag and dragonborn 30

@geno82 Wrong. New fey pack has a 12 slot account wide bag called Fey Bag or whatever. Same with defender pack that now has a 12 slots account wide bag called Defender bag. The dragonborn pack still has the 30 slot account wide bag, dragon hoard, and the other pack still has the account wide embroidered bag.

So it's 2 new account wide bags with the new packs.
  • johonxgaltjohonxgalt Member Posts: 93 Arc User

The zen shop at the moment it's a joke the last week it was black friday -40% , I take a example a character boost package on the store than it was 6000 zen , at the moment the packet is 10000 zen ! so normal 6000 + 40% = 8400 zen !! But they ask no 10000 zen thats 22,2 % more , so totaly we pay 40% + 22,2% = 62.2% more at the moment for this packet ! Funny on a new zen charge they give 2000 zen free or what ever , it's not free we pay for it if we buy a item out the store, becourse we buy the item / packet on 122,2 %. Think twice friends !

Your math is a bit off, it is not a 40% increase from the sale price, it is a 40% decrease from the regular price

10,000 regular price
    40% of 10,000 is 4000
    10,000 - 4000 = 6000 zen

Nothing to see here
    geno82 said:

> @naoqueroforum said:

> No feywild haven't a account wide bag no bag in old system no bag in new system. Only dragonborn and menzo droe have a bag. The old menzo a 12slot bag and dragonborn 30

>

> @geno82 Wrong. New fey pack has a 12 slot account wide bag called Fey Bag or whatever. Same with defender pack that now has a 12 slots account wide bag called Defender bag. The dragonborn pack still has the 30 slot account wide bag, dragon hoard, and the other pack still has the account wide embroidered bag.

>

> So it's 2 new account wide bags with the new packs.

Really? Oh .... And I can't buy the new pakets .. I have all old Pakets Thx craptic .. Thx thx thx....

Yeah, I also have all the old ones and can't buy the new ones. I was going to get at least 2 of the new ones for the bags, maybe all if I decided I really wanted more character slots.

Well, at least I saved my zen.

Is there anyway loyal customers can upgrade there old race/class packs to the new ones?
    The new ones don't even show is the zen market if you have bought the old one..
    Maybe a small upgrade fee or something..
    THANKS

Just to be clear here, you are saying that there are new versions of the packs that people spent lots of money on but the new packs are better than the old packs?

yes way better
    wemery said:

Is there anyway loyal customers can upgrade there old race/class packs to the new ones?
    The new ones don't even show is the zen market if you have bought the old one..
    Maybe a small upgrade fee or something..
    THANKS

I was gladly going to pay full price for the new one. They didn't take my money.
    It's like buying a film on blu-ray, then being told you can't buy the new director's cut edition 6 months later because "you already have the old one".

CarrowCanary said this on reddit :)

edited December 2018
    Well, still nothing on an upgrade option for longtime players regarding the new packs, but hey, we can buy more hairstyles soon...
    Want to know why?

geno82 said:

@geno82 Wrong. New fey pack has a 12 slot account wide bag called Fey Bag or whatever. Same with defender pack that now has a 12 slots account wide bag called Defender bag. The dragonborn pack still has the 30 slot account wide bag, dragon hoard, and the other pack still has the account wide embroidered bag.

So it's 2 new account wide bags with the new packs.
    all the more reason to allow us to upgrade :)

kreatyve said:

geno82 said:

@kreatyve

Can u help us maybe to start a communication with the Dev team? I think this isn't a unimportant topic

The thread has been forwarded. People are extremely busy this week (and probably next week too), but I will make sure this gets seen, though I can not promise a comment.
    thanks

I say they let us update our Pack for a smaller price, as we already have most of the stuff they include, just let us have all the new goodies.

sounds about right
    And now any new Infos from a Dev?
    geno82 said:

And now any new Infos from a Dev?

eh wouldnt count on it lol like its already been said they busy busy,,,,, an this aint rely all that important to them so ya wouldnt count on it
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

an this aint rely all that important to them so ya wouldnt count on it

Nailed it right here.
    @nitocris83 can u help us?
    edited December 2018
    Well, @kreatyve allready forwarded this thread twice weeks ago...

It looks like they really don't care about their vet. players, they had more then enough time to give us at the very least a solid answer, or come up with an upgrade solution.

And even if the races are tied to the packs as the support suggested, it can't be that complicated to find a solution for it... if they would actually try finding one.
    Want to know why?
    edited December 2018
    Zen Market
    Dragonborn Race Pack now comes with an Adventurer's Support Pack in the Reward Claims Agent. Players who purchased a Dragonborn Race Pack prior to this change can still pick theirs up at the same Agent.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1244916/the-heart-of-fire-preview-patch-notes-nw-105-20181121b-6

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Adventurer's_Support_Pack
    (high society clap) bravo bravo

edited December 2018
    Isn't it... funny... how some players that purchased a pack in the ZEN shop are now getting an upgrade for free, while others can't even get a single official reply on a similar matter after a whole month?
    Want to know why?