test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Publishing Question

zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
The post below was taken from a thread of another topic, creating this new discussion from the thread: Foundry Fiend Folio (show us your creatures).

Comments

• Options
    ggpaladin#2752 ggpaladin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    > @zebular said:
    > Just noting that we're allowing this thread to be resurrected as it's still relevant, giving authors ideas and an avenue to show off their designs.

Hi, just wondering. I am new to the foundry. Can my published quest be edited by myself after reviews or is it unable to be changed once its published? Thanks.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016

> @zebular said:

> Just noting that we're allowing this thread to be resurrected as it's still relevant, giving authors ideas and an avenue to show off their designs.

Hi, just wondering. I am new to the foundry. Can my published quest be edited by myself after reviews or is it unable to be changed once its published? Thanks.

You may edit a published foundry mission as much as you like. You will need to publish it again though to update the changes to your published version. I suggest to add version numbers to your description so you and your players may keep track of what version they are playing and when it was last updated. I'd add small notes to mine on things I changed, etc.

The exception to this is if it was a Spotlighted Foundry Mission, as the Spotlight versions are copies of your work and are not editable. Your original version would remain intact however.
  • Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Foundry Fiend Folio (show us your creatures).
  • Options
    thefathersoulthefathersoul Member Posts: 2 New User
    I know this is an old thread, but I am presently unable to make posts since I am new here.
    I have a few questions regarding publishing projects.
    1. I published a single map WIP version....and have since published 5 updates to that. Not only did I publish with a v1.X in the title but also adjusted my description with changelog type version differences. I am afraid i have published 5 separate version of this because i changed the title with the version number.....changing titles makes a new one? The reason I ask is because of number 2 here:
    2. When i log in and hit L and search for "tomb" nothing showsd in any tab except for "FOR REVIEW" and it only shows my original "Tomb of Kargoth".....if i log oout and back in and run the same search it is presently then showing me "Tomb of Kargoth v1.5" correctly......1.5 has 5 plays........the one with no version number has 2 plays and 1 review.......why do i have to log out to see the most recent published version?
    3. How should i be "updating" the quest properly?
    4. I am subscribed to this quest but it never shows in my sub list and if i search my name as author nothing shows up.
    5. This is at least a 15 minute "adventure" but it says average duration "1 minutes".....

I am very confused by all this. Any knowledge would be appreciated.
    Tomb of Kargoth - NW-DQTP7IAUN
This discussion has been closed.