test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"to take damage as if they were controlled"

vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
Shatter Strike (Oppressor capstone) has this text on its tooltip. What does it mean?

Does bosses affected by Frostbite also get affected by Frigid Winds debuff even if they can't be frozen?

Comments

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Would also like some clarification to this.

As it stands in Mod 15 however, Shatterstrike only contributes about 3% of my total DPS as an Oppressor using ACT, and increasing chill duration is pretty useless on mobs/bosses. I don't know which is worse out of the two main CW capstones now, Assailant or Shatterstrike. Both are woeful ...

Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Use entangling force or any other pure CC power, it will deal the full damage to them instead of the normal immune and nothing afterward.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited December 2018

Shatter Strike (Oppressor capstone) has this text on its tooltip. What does it mean?

Does bosses affected by Frostbite also get affected by Frigid Winds debuff even if they can't be frozen?

We all know captions within feats are not always how the feat works, I'm looking at you controlled momentum.

If the capstone does indeed make the boss vulnerable to frigid winds than I guess running a buff build as a Oppressor is an option still for mod 15+. If the capstone does not make the boss vulnerable to frigid winds than the Oppressor path is specifically designed for PVP, which is fine.

My biggest gripe right now is that the new Renegade feat is where many CW will be getting damage. After seeing this feat, I thought wow, that should be in the Thaum path and Controlled Momentum should be in the Renegade path to give it a constant 10% damage buff. Than create a new feat for Oppressor path or move a Thaum feat to the Oppressor path.

I stated this more than once in the CW feedback thread. I was trying to setup CWs to be actual DPS, true buffers and a build for PVP. My suggestion fell on deaf ears.

• lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User

We all know captions within feats are not always how the feat works, I'm looking at you controlled momentum.

If the capstone does indeed make the boss vulnerable to frigid winds than I guess running a buff build as a Oppressor is an option still for mod 15+. If the capstone does not make the boss vulnerable to frigid winds than the Oppressor path is specifically designed for PVP, which is fine.

My biggest gripe right now is that the new Renegade feat is where many CW will be getting damage. After seeing this feat, I thought wow, that should be in the Thaum path and Controlled Momentum should be in the Renegade path to give it a constant 10% damage buff. Than create a new feat for Oppressor path or move a Thaum feat to the Oppressor path.

I stated this more than once in the CW feedback thread. I was trying to setup CWs to be actual DPS, true buffers and a build for PVP. My suggestion fell on deaf ears.

thanks. hope they actually read this. the 3 trees are messed up. they should be more defined, oppresor should be for control, i haven't played since mod13 and dont know what changes they have made but last time i remember, control was completely useless in the game, but would still be nice if melee classes dint have so many cc immunity in pvp. thaum should be the major dps tree for pve, i believe that was the initial point of the tree. and renegade should be a buffer tree, moving a few feats from one tree to another could change alot for cws. but again i dont know the current state of cw in the game, so i may aswel be typing nonsense
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?