test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Needed: Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC

Comments

• arailem#1581 arailem Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    After the mod 15 patch, I was told I had to update my video card driver or else I couldn't play.

Fine, I get that. The driver was 4 years old (and only was used due to the fact Windows 10 and nVIDIA don't like to play along 90% of the time), so I updated it, and prayed that it wouldn't cause my gpu to have a hissy fit and crash/recover ad nauseam.

Post mod 15 patch and driver update has caused the game client to be extremely unstable, to the point I've had the client crash on me 6 times today doing menial tasks like riding a mount or inspecting a party member. This wasn't something that happened on a near hourly basis prior to Heart of Fire.
    Sunshine SaltmineIs only game, why you have to be so buttmad?
  • blodvernblodvern Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    Me and many other players, that had all profession slots in use before The Heart of Fire launch, are experiencing a bug, trapped in a loop that can't scape... :anguished:

I cannot advance in Workshop quests, 'cause I cannot do the tasks requested in "Running a Workshop" quest, once my delivery box is full - but, if I didn't complete the quest, I have no way to get the products I did, and empty the delivery box - I don't have acces to it!... It's a vicious round and my character cannot advance...

I can't complete the quest, so I can't do any profession tasks with this character ... Totally blocked :(

I've opened a ticket and received feedback from GM Xillahne; I talked with her via live chat too, but seems they don't have a solution for the bug yet :(

Need to remove conditional that grants acess to delivery box only after completed the "Running a Workshop" quest...

I did a video capture :

https://youtu.be/LwjF3LqaiS4
  • c4pfenc4pfen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    Balacing.

The biggest problem in neverwinter is blanancing. You are struggling with it from the beginning of the beta and just can't get it done!

Concretely this means nerf cws,gwfs,op,gf and buffs the trs again.
    If you hate trs, delete the whole class instead of always nerf them.

Thanks and peace out.
  • fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Since the biggest new part of this new mod was the crafting system that would be a good place to start.

1. The logic behind crafting is very flawed as of right now. The logic should be, x% chance of success for normal version, if passed x% chance of success on high quality version. If u pass the first, fail the next u are left the normal version.
    Right now u can have 100% proficiency but low focus, u can fail the high quality roll and get nothing.

2. Recycle when it triggers, it cant give back +1 versions. This seems like a huge rip off. If u spend the extra to craft with +1 all the way though for higher focus in the end, the recycle workers are useless.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User

Search in Auction and Workshop ignoring [Brackets]
    Is it so difficult to release?

Linking an item in chat puts it in [square brackets]. When you copy/paste item's name from chat into search field - search doesn't give any results, one must remove [brackets] to make it work.

Adapt auction house and workshop search to recognize items [without] removing brackets

Mod removed ableist icon from title.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1244210/search-in-auction-and-workshop-ignoring-brackets
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Chult signet is still broken and cant be crafted
  • lordcamdenlordcamden Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Crafting for Hunter Ranger:

1. Why is there no craftable Hunter Ranger leather armor between level 20 and level 44? Armor for these levels has to be bought from the Auction House.

2. Why do crafted Hunter Ranger offhand weapons have no damage stat? Trying to melee with crafted off hand weapons that do no damage is pointless. (Yes, I tried it, and they really do not damage the mobs)
  • lordwinoslordwinos Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I've been a player since 2015 and have raised every type of character to LV 70. played them all at least once a week.
    since the new mod and the profession's change I now only play 1 character as the new system requires way TOO much work to bother with. Another thing I have read here and Totally agree is the Characters getting 1 shotted A LOT this game was never (since 2015) fair on SOLO players. and now with these new changes my spending will be reduced not increased.
    looking at one example is the siege of neverwinter event, went to craft all the alters i've been saving for a year and the profession says I need to be LV 70 to make anything, I hade BEFORE the change all but 1 profession at lv 70 (exception was icewind dale) kept getting 1 shotted and could not survive to complete any quests.
    Damn shame such a decent game has to muck things up and hate single players. I now have 7 characters that I only load to pray the first time of day. man I do feal kinda ripped off.
    LV 12 vip disatified customer.
  • acelandowacelandow Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Could the Request GM Help and Other Help options please get an update??? For one, please add Workshop to list of issues. If you attempt to Request GM Help, please give us a way to actually request help. Also, Correct the View My Tickets option.

I understand the Workshop is a new area, and has bugs to work out. I am trying to help, but it would be nice if there was a Category in Bug Reporting that fits what I am reporting. I have found Tool & Ingredient issues, and I have reported them, but I am not sure if you are receiving them, or that they are getting addressed.

If you attempt to Request GM Help, you can search for similar issues, but I almost never find any, no matter what I search on. Then I get routed to Submit Bug Report. When you submit bug reports it tells you that you will not receive any notification. So there is no real Request GM Help.

I have submitted many Bug reports in the last few weeks. Some were really requests for GM Help. Most of them are about the new Workshop, but there have been others. Including Dread Ring Campaign Completion Token that allowed me to use it when it wouldn't actually work yet. I can never View My Tickets. Searching doesn't seem to work either. The Ticket #s I am seeing are in the 4 Million Range.

Thank You
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Please, fix quest-related bug with Profession progression system.

There is absolutely no sense in not being able to finish the quest path by using +1 versions of Amulets, specifically for Jewelcrafting (but I fathom it is the same for many more).

Some Professions like Armorsmithing has a working +1 versions being accepted, yet the jewelcrafting one is not accepted without basic versions, which is illogical and doesn't make sense.

Furthermore, my items are all of epic level and I'm bound to get a +1 version pretty much always, so I do not want to spend crazy amounts of AD just to make a slightly inferior version of the Amulet because the quest says so.

Fix it.

Thanks.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • heimdal#3771 heimdal Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Why a feedback thread to cryptic, when cryptic dont give feedback to players?
  • smeel99smeel99 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This game was fun, but now AD pricing has gone up cause of bank, and there is no more salvaging rewards from trials and dungeons, and the item roll is a joke cause some people can get 5-6 items in a trial or dungeon while others get 1-2. I understand fixing the glitch in Barovia, but taking away a system that actually keeps people on a lvl playing field kinda hurts those that counted on being able to buy the high price items in a relative short time so they can play with guild members, and friends in higher lvl's.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    For me one of the main “issues” I currently have with Neverwinter (But by no means the “top issue”) is players not having to complete any of the game content prior to running random leveling dungeons or skirmishes.

I’ve just recently learned for a player to access random content to farm astral diamonds, all they have to is have a level 12 or higher character.

Previously I thought a player needed to have run at least some (if not all) of the content for an area before being able to access the dungeons or skirmishes corresponding to those areas, but as it is currently not only do players not have to have completed any quests for the areas associates with random content, they don’t even have to have previously traveled to any of those areas. All they have to do is have a level 12 or higher character and ‘access granted’.

I think a player should have to complete at least a few of the quests in an area corresponding to random dungeon or skirmish content, prior to being allowed to run random dungeons associated with those areas.

But that’s just my 2¢
    DD~
  • manfrome15manfrome15 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    This game has staled in character options, how about adding a new class like a Sorcerer, Bard or Druid???
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    that blank spot has been removed. And developers have said no new class for the foreseeable future, meaning the next 2 mods at least will not have one, :-(

but we can always hope.
  • scaredstraitscaredstrait Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    i wanna know how long it will take for cryptic to fix egg quest in AI ....today i ran 4 chars through AI ...first char i hit esc on cut scene ...it bugged ya my bad .... 2nd char np 3rd np but on 4th char i did not hit esc ...it bugged .. so i dropped quest got quest again and did not hit esc on cut scene again but it bugged again! ...my guess this will be fixed when my char's are done with campaign ! ....i gotta ask why cryptic released this mod with many bugs / problems we the players saw on preview !
  • eajazz84#9170 eajazz84 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have a suggestion that I think most players of NWO PC and NWO console will like. I think that there should be a shared resource bank per account (similar to shared bank slots) to make it easier to transfer resources from one character on the account to another. Thoughts?
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited December 2018

This game has staled in character options, how about adding a new class like a Sorcerer, Bard or Druid???

And after a new class is added, how long until the game is stalled again?

With the way a lot of people level up characters, I suspect having a new class of character will only be entertaining for a few days (hours)... AI was a bit of fresh air but with the introduction of a new character class, players will still have to run the same old content with the same results and the only difference will be a new character they can run that content with. 'Yawn!'

I'd much rather see the developers concentrate on making new content or at least freshen up existing content (move or place a few traps, minor changes to quest routes, make a couple of new transition areas, put mobs in different places and change their makeup - something) rather than add new classes to run the same old quests and campaigns everyone has been running - in the same fashion - almost since the release of Neverwinter.

But that's just my opinion.

I have a suggestion that I think most players of NWO PC and NWO console will like. I think that there should be a shared resource bank per account (similar to shared bank slots) to make it easier to transfer resources from one character on the account to another. Thoughts?

If you're talking about being able to transfer things from a PC account to a console account, that's already been suggested and pretty much shot down.

The developers have said the different platforms require separate programming and as yet the different platforms aren't compatible - can't communicate with each other... maybe someday, but I wouldn't suggest anyone hold their breath waiting for it to happen.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User

i wanna know how long it will take for cryptic to fix egg quest in AI ....today i ran 4 chars through AI ...first char i hit esc on cut scene ...it bugged ya my bad .... 2nd char np 3rd np but on 4th char i did not hit esc ...it bugged .. so i dropped quest got quest again and did not hit esc on cut scene again but it bugged again! ...my guess this will be fixed when my char's are done with campaign ! ....i gotta ask why cryptic released this mod with many bugs / problems we the players saw on preview !

What is the bug ?

• warlawk#8900 warlawk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Please add a little functionality to the Auction House interface, specifically the My Consignments tab when posting items for sale. If I post an item for sale, and then immediately post another of the exact same item please copy the pricing of the first item posted. Additionally, being able to tab between entry fields here (and many other places) would be very nice.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User

How about bugfixing and fair balancing before adding a new class with hundreds of ne bug? New class? Easy money for Cryp. But we still have bugs. No need for that. Sry

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i swore off on this CTA siege event, it involved workshop crafting tasks. it is awful time sink that requesting multiple items needed for 1 task?
    devs you failed completely and flunked with big fat ZERO for effort and load of bad calls designing to replace original CTA siege event, that part is destroyed, all that worth is for companions and mounds, rest are pure junk. players are just farming for dragon hoard coins which all that matter to them, i made 1 new alt, but i dont have time for this botched CTA siege event.
    i tried with purple crafters and they mostly failed on 60-70 level materials, still stuck on 1/50 needed, it been going for a week, with fails, i now curse that RNG factor. crafting should never being use as slot machine. i dont believe that concept, all it just did, created more frustrations, more than enough to send someone on warpath.

workshop are still loaded with bugs.
  • devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    A) let player move while is attacking,
    B) fbi giant hills mob doing to mutch dmg, more than a boss
    C) balance, dmg, a geared player do too mutch dmg.
    D) balance, there are 2 situation,1) a player instant die after an hit no chance to reply. 2) a player is like god (no dmg) and can avoid all mechanics.
    E) Balance, setup is too important, with a specific setup the boss die in few sec, and on otherside with bad setup, the boss cant be killed or is a lot more difficult. Too mutch buff.
  • wynilwynil Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    What is really wrong here and what most people complain about or most common reason for people to quit playing is RNG that sux. There isn't a polite way of stating it.

Issues that players can work they way around or avoid by simply playing better aren't really an issue..its more of a lousy player.. and I mean no insult by it. Its a simple fact that we are not all equally good players. Mobs and bosses have behavioral pattern which we can learn and adapt our gameplay to it . If we get 1 hitted by boss so what..we can learn when they prepare an attack and dodge it avoid being hit..and even if we get occasionally 1 hited thers soulforge enchantments and scrolls of life that can help so not really an issue.
    Endgame content is suppose to be tough. It should be tough to beat. and beating it should not require just that our characters be strong enough but also a good teamwork.

Its RNG that is an issue that you cant work your way around it .It doesn't matter what you do or not do success or failure is determined by some RNGod on server, like for example attempt to upgrade you artifact or enchantment. So if im lucky HAMSTER im gonna upgrade my artifacts artifact gear and enchantments with far fewer attempts much faster and a weey cheaper than some unlucky sod that have to burn 50 pres wards on 10% chance to upgrade something. That sux and when that sux long enough people quit and when people quit they no longer spend any money on the game. Se everybody loose.

We don't really need equality or equal chances to win..in that system lucky HAMSTER always win. is situation like you have 125pound guy and 225 pounds guy if u give them same amount of food one of them will eather have more than he can eat or will stay hungry. Even if u compromise its just makes thing less harsh for the other guy. same works for chances..same chances and lucky HAMSTER gets more than he need and unlucky sod? ..well he quits playin. And there are far more unlucky sods than lucky HAMSTER.

thers a nice and elegant solution for this issue but that solution will never be implemented.
    How can we convince developers that they got it wrong? What arguments we can use that can get thru thick adamantium skulls?

People need a sense of achivement..that what they do how well they play how much time and effort they invest in game is being rewarded. As system currently works all of this doesn't matter at all. Lucky HAMSTER is being rewarded.

What we really need is equity or parity mechanics/ and that can be achieved by adding character multiplier/modifier that affects chances. So like in example of upgrading artifact. If I have 10% chance to upgrade artifacts from epic to legendary level at first attempt if I fail next attempt have to be at better chance at some rate..like 12% next 14% and when upgrade succeed that can reset to default. This way lucky HAMSTER will still be lucky but unlucky sods will still be able to succeed with reasonable amount of investment.

Ofc we can use coalesced wards that have 100% chance...does anyone had that idea crossed his mind? How much that gonna cost? 1500$ to upgrade all things to max rank?

This chance modifier can also be implemented in lockbox key mechanics...I think personally and probably most people will agree with me that 60 attempts are max number of attempts in which you SHOULD get legendary mount out of lockbox.

Same thing can work in dungeon chests boxes like Fane for example. whenever u beat the dungeon you can add to you chances to get +5 ring instead of +1

In the current mechanics number of tries don't affect result. You can beat Fane 100 times and still don't get +5 ring or you can beat it only once and get +5 ring in very first attempt. How is that fair? How is that equal chances to win?

You have to find a way to compensate for peoples luck not find new ways to reward people for being lucky.

Lame Hearth of Fire campaign and no matter how much incentives neverember hand out it wont keep people in game playing. People don't really want handouts. They want their time effort and skill respected and rewarded.

If you don't find a way to do it people will keep quitting thus not spending money in game.
    edited December 2018
    I will address an issue that I see people complaining about ..mobs do too much damage. Yea its is also RNGod that sux issue. Because mobs have their attacks variable like all even players. So a mob can have damage output ranged from for eg. 10K to 100K.when it attacks you RNGod that sux rolls a dice for them to determine how much base damage their attack is goin to have, than that same RNGod that sux rolls a dice for it to determine will they achive critical hit on you or not. if they do their base damage gets multiplied by severity amount. After that that same RNGod that sux on server rolls a dice for you to determine will you succeed in dodging that attack or not. If you fail to dodge( doesnt matter how far u runned rolled dodged or shifted its determined by RNGods dice roll not by anything that you actually do) RNGod rolls a dice for you to determine will you succeed of fail to deflect the attack. ( I don't think that critical hits can be deflected, I think that when mobs roll crit on you your deflection roll is skipped ) only after all this calculus and rolls of virtual dices you defense rating comes into account to reduce damage you have taken. So if you are lucky HAMSTER mobs wont that often roll max damage + crit on you so they wont hit you that hard as when you are unlucky sod that mob crit all the time and oneshot.

Its RNGod that sux on server issue.

P.S. this dodging issue is a bit addressed by devs already, they stated that roll which determine success in dodging or shifting is now moved towards beginning of animation as previously was set near the end of animation so oftentimes you got hit regardless of being well out of range.

Why a feedback thread to cryptic, when cryptic dont give feedback to players?

That's actually a very good question..
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    as Wynil said about some bosses's ability, bapomet still catch me in stonecase spell outside of red ring effect, and i call that "BS" as i am way outside, just need to get away little more further off as twice the size to be avoid get in stone traps.
    in this game, we cant even fool the mobs when we run and tried to flip left or right turns, seem if they read my mind in advance and the spells seem to have heat seeker, no way to dodge, we all get hit no matter what or how we moves, even we used the wall and spells still hit us as if the walls or objects isnt there. it is not immersive role play, it seem more of 'cheating' the players with no chance to fool the mobs.
    edited December 2018
    wylonus said:

as Wynil said about some bosses's ability, bapomet still catch me in stonecase spell outside of red ring effect, and i call that "BS" as i am way outside, just need to get away little more further off as twice the size to be avoid get in stone traps.
    in this game, we cant even fool the mobs when we run and tried to flip left or right turns, seem if they read my mind in advance and the spells seem to have heat seeker, no way to dodge, we all get hit no matter what or how we moves, even we used the wall and spells still hit us as if the walls or objects isnt there. it is not immersive role play, it seem more of 'cheating' the players with no chance to fool the mobs.

That's because RNGod that sux on server already rolled his dice and determined that you are gonna get hit. There is no way for you to force a re-roll or make them loose target lock besides somebody else pulling their aggro off you. You are gonna get hit no matter what, RNGod said so and His Word Is Law and Decision Is Final :) even if you ducked behind cover or jumped around the corner.

I don't call that BS RNGod that sux on server for nothing..its exactly what it is and what it does even its a bit comical as names go :) but it sux mightily and they ain't gonna fix it no matter how much we complain or what arguments we come up with or how accurate those arguments are.

It appears to me that we as players care about this game far more than developers do. and that is sad.
  • razgrizravenrazgrizraven Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    So, I want to know. When do y'all plan on bringing back the other racial DLC's back to the shop....like Moon Elf, Dragonborn, ETC?.....The Hunter and Expedition DLC's are nice, but eh....
This discussion has been closed.