test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to buy Unique Tarokka Card

On Xbox it's still not possible to purchase the Unique Tarokka card - requirements not met; despite the fact that it's been several weeks since I last bought one and I have plenty of blank cards. I'm aware that this is also an issue on PC and "a fix" was in the way as far back as Oct 30 - When is this going to be fixed ? It's been far too long for this bug now. Please manage the expectations of your paying customer base.
Tagged:

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    The fix was implemented on PC on November 6. I'll update the team about the issue being reported on Xbox. Thanks!
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2018
    Hi @silverwolf#7884 ! Do you have the tarokka deck artifact?
  • silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Hi, I do now, but I didn't when I raised the bug. I was one high-card away.
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > Hi @silverwolf#7884 ! Do you have the tarokka deck artifact?

Having same issue on PS4 and I do have the tarokka deck artifact
  • carl#6379 carl Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    After all this time, I'm still having this issue. In fact, all gamers in my house are having this problem. I am 1 card away and still can't get the weekly trade for 10. I think I will have to go into the mailbox and send every single card that my CW has to my GWF then have him get the missing card. This is very time consuming, stressful and annoying. I only want the artifact for one of my toons. So I shouldn't have to go through this again. I will post again if this solves my issue.
  • carl#6379 carl Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    It looks like my idea would work. What I did was consolidate all my low cards to the only toon out of 8 that was able to do the 10 for 1 with "Jasper Vadu". I failed to get the only card that I was missing because I thought that I would've gotten it via the trade.

DON'T FALL FOR THIS.

While the normal buy of 5 for 1 clearly states that its for a random low card, the 10 for 1 isn't necessarily for a low card. It's worded as unique but doesn't state that the trade is for a high card. So, it would appear that the word "unique" means a card that you simply do not own. This is confusing because the sentence alreadys stats that: "1 UNIQUE Tarokka card that you DO NOT OWN."

Since I only consolidated my low cards, I received a high card. This was a duplicate for me because I already have the high cards consolidated to my prefered toon for the artifact. If you have multiple characters like me and you're only missing ONE card, mail ALL of your cards to any one toon that has access to the weekly trade. Then trade 10 blank cards for the one that you are missing. Open the card pack on THAT character. Then, send the FULL DECK back to the character that you WANT THE ARTIFACT on before trading the deck in for the artifact.

This obviously isn't a fix, but this should help. The devs made these cards unbound. With that,you can send them to your other characters, or other players. I'm guessing the idea is that of a trading card game. My point is that I doubt this is considered cheating, which is how this mess started in the first place. So try it.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue on my cleric.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone