test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Galant

forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
First week with Galant quests for everyone who didn't pay you to get it unlocked earlier, and it's CR.
I would like to nominate you to the dev team of the year award. Where can this be done?

You're sending a very strong message with this.
Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

Comments

• Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    While I don't mind that the campaign itself is comic relief and actually rather enjoy some parts of it (the absurdity of the Convention tickles me, and Grazilaxx and the Drow Bartender steal the show), I really, really question the design decisions that went into the Gallant gear.

Unless I misunderstand the state of things, the team is trying to wean players off of ever-increasing multiplicative damage bonuses on equipment, but attempting to sell players on higher item level gear that happens to be decidedly worse than what we already have is not the answer.

Barovia equipment was designed fairly well for the most part, with the majority of pieces being at least okay and a few contenders for BiS. We also saw the Crown of the Undead, which offers a fun and generally desirable utility for trash pulls even though it is not BiS from a DPS perspective.

Gallant...what is this? Situational Armor Pen bonuses belong on starter gear, not on the highest-level equipment in the game. A helm that grants a 5% damage buff...upon killing an enemy...and for 5 seconds...with a 30 second CD. And so on.

It's not like we didn't know these pieces were bad before the Mod went live, but now that I'm looking at them again and weighing the benefit of doing things like buggy CR in K-Team mode...it's a little depressing, not gonna sugarcoat it.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Yes I really want to run the toughest dungeon in game at min iL - sounds like a really great idea to me - another dev troll on the players?
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    As long as they don't cycle back through to Castle Ravenloft before going through the list of K-Team Dungeons, then it won't be such a hard troll.

Here's the list of what dungeons we've gotten so far, and the remaining:

Week 1 (Nov 6 Release Date): No idea, didn't unlock it on the first week
    Week 2: Still No idea
    Week 3: No idea
    Week 4: I think it was Malabog's Castle? (Didn't unlock due to bugs)
    Week 5: Kessel's Retreat (Still hadn't unlocked due to bugs)
    Week 6: Castle Ravenloft :angry: (First week I was able to unlock it)

Castle Never
    Cragmire Crypts
    Fangbreaker Island
    Gray Wolf Den
    Lair of Lostmauth
    Shores of Tuern
    Spellplague Caverns
    Temple of the Spider
    Tomb of the Nine Gods
    Valindra’s Tower

There are 10 more dungeons to go through.

So out of the remaining, only FBI, MSP, TONG will likely be the ones where a death is likely, but still possible to complete without dying. CR is just horrible because of the bugs: Arcolith can bug and not die, the Bat Swarm attacks are working in REVERSE, the Sunsword can still not fully protect or bug out ... and the list goes on ...

So the first time I'd be able to purchase a piece of Gallant gear (which really doesn't do much for me) would be in early to mid January. Pretty annoying to be sure.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    vordayn said:

As long as they don't cycle back through to Castle Ravenloft before going through the list of K-Team Dungeons, then it won't be such a hard troll.

Here's the list of what dungeons we've gotten so far, and the remaining:

Week 1 (Nov 6 Release Date): No idea, didn't unlock it on the first week
    Week 2: Still No idea
    Week 3: No idea
    Week 4: I think it was Malabog's Castle? (Didn't unlock due to bugs)
    Week 5: Kessel's Retreat (Still hadn't unlocked due to bugs)
    Week 6: Castle Ravenloft :angry: (First week I was able to unlock it)

Castle Never
    Cragmire Crypts
    Fangbreaker Island
    Gray Wolf Den
    Lair of Lostmauth
    Shores of Tuern
    Spellplague Caverns
    Temple of the Spider
    Tomb of the Nine Gods
    Valindra’s Tower

There are 10 more dungeons to go through.

So out of the remaining, only FBI, MSP, TONG will likely be the ones where a death is likely, but still possible to complete without dying. CR is just horrible because of the bugs: Arcolith can bug and not die, the Bat Swarm attacks are working in REVERSE, the Sunsword can still not fully protect or bug out ... and the list goes on ...

So the first time I'd be able to purchase a piece of Gallant gear (which really doesn't do much for me) would be in early to mid January. Pretty annoying to be sure.

Which leads me to something I have noticed and will post elsewhere - I got one shotted at the final boss mob in Kessells Retreat the other day - i was like wtf? Hasnt happened to me in over a year or maybe more :)