test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Metallic Dragonborn

areeeareee Member Posts: 73 Arc User
When creating a new character the option to start as a Metallic Dragonborn was listed, asking for silvery Scales.

Does anyone know how many I need? I've only been able to get 4 out of 15 of the boxes.

Comments

• wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Also drops in Glorious Resurgence Legendary Pack but those are hard to come by..

Sigil of the Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn – This ornate seal bears the likeness of the great platinum dragon, Bahamut. When the sigil is obtained, players can use this item to unlock the Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn. After the item’s power has been unleashed, players can select the Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn option on the race selection screen during character creation or when using a Race Reroll Token. Players do not need to have unlocked the Chromatic Dragonborn in order to make use of this sigil.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9052893
  • areeeareee Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    I know, I got VIP just so I can roll that box one time each day. But the odds are so bad, when I created a new character, after deleting the WRONG, old character I saw there was an option to use Silvery Dragonscales to start a Metallic Dragonborn. Those were in certain boxes or an event. The event is happening, I've gotten 4 scales, if I get enough my main character will be rerolled race... but only if I manage to get enough Scales...

But how much is enough?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    areee said:

I know, I got VIP just so I can roll that box one time each day. But the odds are so bad, when I created a new character, after deleting the WRONG, old character I saw there was an option to use Silvery Dragonscales to start a Metallic Dragonborn. Those were in certain boxes or an event. The event is happening, I've gotten 4 scales, if I get enough my main character will be rerolled race... but only if I manage to get enough Scales...

But how much is enough?

I did not know there is an option to do that. I guess it is something new. There is a Dragon Scale Merchant that you can buy stuff using Silvery Dragonscales. It should be somewhere around Hall of Justice. You probably get the scale from Siege event. Since Dragon Scale Merchant sells (or used to sell) Pseudodragon for 100 Silvery Dragonscales. I assume getting Metallic Dragonborn (if it is even possible) will be a lot more than that.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

areee said:

But how much is enough?

I did not know there is an option to do that. I guess it is something new. There is a Dragon Scale Merchant that you can buy stuff using Silvery Dragonscales. It should be somewhere around Hall of Justice. You probably get the scale from Siege event. Since Dragon Scale Merchant sells (or used to sell) Pseudodragon for 100 Silvery Dragonscales. I assume getting Metallic Dragonborn (if it is even possible) will be a lot more than that.
    Yup, I know all this.

I don't know how many scales to change to Metallic Dragonborn with a race reroll token and I won't get the token unless I actually have enough.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

You cant convert silvery dragon scales to metallic dragonborn race (unless it changed without anyone being told of course). What you can get with them is in the link below, and they are worthless junk items.

I wouldn't say all of them are worthless - there are collectors who are willing to pay a chunk of AD for some of the items.
    Hoping for improvements...
    https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Scale_Merchant

no Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn at scale merchant
    Go to character creation and click on the Metallic Dragonborn. It states Silvery Dragonscales. Otherwise I wouldn't have been spending all this AD on defense supplies.
    The hell?
    That's not how it looked for me several weeks ago...

I've wasted 300k ad. :'(:'(:'(:'(
    It has been like this for me for years.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    the lockbox came out Thu 15 Jan 2015 ...maybe they could add it to zen market
    edited December 2018
    wemery said:

the lockbox came out Thu 15 Jan 2015 ...maybe they could add it to zen market

1. You should be able to find that lockbox in AH.
    2. There are other old lockboxes (but newer than that one) have that too. i.e. the Glorious Resurgence Legendary Pack you mentioned.
    its 4 years old already ..it will boost zen sales
    edited December 2018
    wemery said:

its 4 years old already ..it will boost zen sales

They do not put legendary mount in Zen market neither (both are in the same Glorious Resurgence Legendary Pack). That would boost zen sales too. If they want to boost sale, they should put legendary mount (which can be bought N times) in Zen market way before Metallic Dragonborn (which only need to buy once).
    its a playable race and with the updating of the packs i see no reason why this shouldn't be revisited and added to the zen market ...

edited December 2018
    I considered they messed up. If they added something like Metallic Dragonborn Race pack instead, they would have less trouble from the community.

I don't consider making a new Race pack is an update of the Legend pack. They are different pack. There was another Dragonborn pack before besides the Legend pack. I know because I bought them both. The new Race pack is the 3rd Dragonborn pack in Zen store.

The recent patch did the "update" for the Race pack from the original Race pack. That is the "update". Making a new pack is not an update.
    i only have 3 packs that show in my zen market

A chrismas Metallic Dragonborn Race pack would be GREAT

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    @plasticbat the third Dragonborn Pack probably was the one with only the race itself and a Race Reroll in it.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    regenerde said:

@plasticbat the third Dragonborn Pack probably was the one with only the race itself and a Race Reroll in it.

ya that was 2nd pack