test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Heart of Fire Enchantment from the Acq. Inc campaign is converting gear in BoC

martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
edited November 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
Like the title says. Yesterday i got the Heart of Fire Enchantment from the campaign then I put it in my ring Gravestriker +5 (BoA of course), first ring slot of the chultan tiger. Now that I log on, I realize that the ring had become BoC :s:'(

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    That isn't a bug. That enchant is BtC. It will contaminate anything you slot it into, binding it to that character.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • c1b0r7c1b0r7 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    greywynd said:

That isn't a bug. That enchant is BtC. It will contaminate anything you slot it into, binding it to that character.

This makes no sense since the rank 14 from Jubilee is also BTC and didn't make EVERY gear BTC. Even my companion MW III rings (used to be BTA when equipped on comp and BTC when you equip it yourself) were bound to character.
    This some bug related to the enchantment, as it's not supposed to turn bind the gear.
    The Anniversary Enchant is BtA. I was just looking at mine.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    greywynd said:

The fact that the enchantment is BtC doesn't make it any less of a bug. Under no conditions should a BtC enchantment ever change the bind status on a piece of gear.
    Then the only other alternative is to not let BtC enchants be placed in anything other than BtC gear.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    An item will take on the binding status of an enchant. So using a BtC enchant will turn an item, regardless of its original binding status, to BtC. This is by design.
  • aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I understand why - so you can't put it in a BtA ring and move the ring to another toon on your account - however could you confirm if you then remove the enchant the item returns to BtA status?
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited December 2018

greywynd said:

The fact that the enchantment is BtC doesn't make it any less of a bug. Under no conditions should a BtC enchantment ever change the bind status on a piece of gear.
    It always has, crafted black ice overloads did this.

What there should be is a warning/confirmation box that it's about to do this
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Yep. If items are permanently being changed by a temporary use and
    then removal of an enchant, that is a bug, and needs attention and correction.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    A better solution would be to require the bta item to be unslotted before being placed in a shared bank account slot.
  • eeng1eeng1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Imo the design here is good, there should be a warning before slotting though..But lots of ppl are trying to cheat by moving a BoC enchantment to another character using a BoA ring, its good that dosent work..
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    A better solution would be to remove "Bound to Character" altogether and replace it with "Bound to Account".

While I wouldn't want people farming this enchantment to sell it on the AH, I certainly don't care if they have several on one of their characters.

And this also applies to all other "Bound to Character" items.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    artifleur said:

A better solution would be to remove "Bound to Character" altogether and replace it with "Bound to Account".

While I wouldn't want people farming this enchantment to sell it on the AH, I certainly don't care if they have several on one of their characters.

And this also applies to all other "Bound to Character" items.

Bound to account means you can farm many r14 of this enchantment for one character. One can keep on create character, get this enchantment, delete character, get this enchantment, ..... It will not be several. It will fill all offensive slots. These are low/no cost r14.
    You don't even need a well equipment character to get it. I have 2 brand new characters got that already.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Bound to account means you can farm many r14 of this enchantment for one character. One can keep on create character, get this enchantment, delete character, get this enchantment, ..... It will not be several. It will fill all offensive slots. These are low/no cost r14.
    You don't even need a well equipment character to get it. I have 2 brand new characters got that already.

So what? What does it matter to me if you have 12 of those enchantments? You can't make any profit from them nor did you produce any AD by making them. Getting 12 is going to be a long and boring process. I won't do it and I don't mind other people doing it. At least it won't benefit botters and gold sellers in any way.
    Doesn't matter if it does or doesn't bother you. TPTB said "one to a customer and it is THEIRS", so each character can only have one.
    greywynd said:

Doesn't matter if it does or doesn't bother you. TPTB said "one to a customer and it is THEIRS", so each character can only have one.

I see what you mean, and it makes sense.

I thought of the unique tag, but it probably wouldn't work once slotted or make things even worse. So in the case of a unique enchantment, "bound to character" seems to be the only solution.
    edited December 2018
    artifleur said:

So what? What does it matter to me if you have 12 of those enchantments? You can't make any profit from them nor did you produce any AD by making them. Getting 12 is going to be a long and boring process. I won't do it and I don't mind other people doing it. At least it won't benefit botters and gold sellers in any way.
    Actually, it is not as hard as you think. I already have 8 because I play 8 characters. Anyway, that is the nature of the item. The same as I want 2 mako rings for one character but I can't have my way (and I shouldn't have).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I apologize if my earlier reply came off as flippant. I agree that we can always do a better job at issuing warnings for actions taken in-game and we have, over the years, incorporated much of that feedback. I'll pass it on to the team.

Since I'm not a designer, I'm not honestly equipped to answer the logic as to why something is designed a certain way or to pass evaluative judgement. But it's something to keep in mind next time we have a systems Q&A :)
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    If the concern is that a BtC enchant can be slotted into a BtA ring and then passed through the bank than the answer seems pretty clear to me. Write logic into the game that checks the slots of an item to see if there's a BtC item slotted and don't allow it to be added to the bank until the enchant is unslotted.

That requires some work and programming logic though. So the second best option is to warn your players that they're about to change the bind status of an item. That also requires some work and programming logic though.

I guess the easiest and fastest option to implement is to give no warning and screw over an unsuspecting player.
  • giobbogiobbo Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    as ecrana said they could warning you in the description of the enchantment or better solution could be transorm the item in btc only when the enchantment was slotted in it... bad bad work
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Having the enchantment change the status of an item is a terrible idea and simply obnoxious. Doing it without warning is just negligent. This calls for a reversal and compensation to affected players. If it's by design, this design is bad and the team should just admit their mistake and reverse it.
  • myrinxmyrinx Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    There are LOTS of details in this game to keep track of and the fact that in normal play enchants can fly around all the time, in and out of eq with no problem, it's understandable that someone might miss that detail. It's easy to look at it after the damage is done and understand WHY it happened, but that doesn't make it ok.

What seems obvious to designers, or old time players, maybe not be to others. A warning does not seem too much to ask.
    There are many area that should warn the player about bounding an item.
    e.g. profession tools.
  • There is no excuse for implementing something like this without also putting a big red warning/confirmation window to inform the player of what is about to happen. The game issues exactly such warnings for other things. I slotted this piece of garbage enchantment in my Gravestriker +4, my Gravestriker +5 and my Ring of Offensive action before I figured out what happened. I didn't need the enchantment that badly. If I had gotten a warning, I would have thrown the stupid thing away, or fed it to the stronghold mimic, if I could. I initially thought it was a nice thing to give away a rank 14 enchantment. Now I'm feeling like I got the shaft. Thanks, Cryptic.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    It would be nice for a warning about the item being converted to BtC. That said, frankly, I have no sympathy for people who slotted it into their gravestrike rings. I got so many gravestriker +4 that I have five of them in my bank after equipping five toons and companions with them. I got only one gravestriker +5 that will probably stay on my DC forever.

I've seen so many trashy toons in REQ recently. Often, they have only hunts gear and no mythic artifacts, but somehow have +5 gravestriker/shadowstalker with R14s in them. Obviously they moved the rings around to trash toons to get carried for invoke bonus RAD.
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Its really faulty by design and Cryptic lacks of communication...and for sure the its wai now deal with it attitude is absolutly no solution!