test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Champion's Charger stopped prancing

One of the things I love about the Neverwinter Champion's Charger is that it prances instead of trots like the frilly horse does. With the new patch(s) it stopped prancing.

BRING BACK THE PRANCING!!!! Please.

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    The Champion's Charger should walk like the Parade mount instead of running like the other horses in the game do. Are you seeing a regular horse running animation?
  • Options
    atwa#2521 atwa Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > The Champion's Charger should walk like the Parade mount instead of running like the other horses in the game do. Are you seeing a regular horse running animation?

Yes, it's a normal horse now.
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

The Champion's Charger should walk like the Parade mount instead of running like the other horses in the game do. Are you seeing a regular horse running animation?

Yelp. One of the reasons I loved the mount was the prancing. I play a OP and, IMHO, most are way too into themselves and a prancing mount is exactly what they would ride.

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for the additional info! This was reported for console previously so I'll make sure to add PC on it as well :)
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    I would love if we could get a new charger with basic horse animantion like it is atm, mine was dumped till i found out the bug, i'm runnig with him till the fix...

I know is not suposed to run this way but i recall a lot of players complaining about the prancing when it was released

A new color with the same animation set like it is now would make a lot of players happy too...
  • Options
    giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Yes, the Champion's Charger runs like normal horses now.
  • Options
    rafaelda said:

I would love if we could get a new charger with basic horse animantion like it is atm, mine was dumped till i found out the bug, i'm runnig with him till the fix...

I know is not suposed to run this way but i recall a lot of players complaining about the prancing when it was released

A new color with the same animation set like it is now would make a lot of players happy too...

There are only two horses that prance, all others run. I mean there are like about a hundred to choose from, even a undead one.

• Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

rafaelda said:

There are only two horses that prance, all others run. I mean there are like about a hundred to choose from, even a undead one.

I never asked for it to stay bugged, i asked for a new version at some point...

the reason i like him in normal run animation is because it resembles a jousting horse ! lots of people complained for the same reason when it was released.

Since it looks like thins now making a new version woudnt be hard and i think it would be a good adiction to some upcoming event, that would leave us with more options and more reason to farm the events...

I undestand that you like the pranching, theres noone stopping you to ask for spreading this animation to other horses!

I personally think that some more fancy horses would look really good with the pranching animation, like the Pharaoh Steed or the Sunite Horse, pardon my ignorance now, i dont know the animation set for enchanted courser and unicorns but they would also be nice pranching (i never paid atetion to them)

wouldnt you like to being able to work for a pranching Sunite steed ?

for now i will run with this one till it get fixed... then change to another horse, since my bullet still bugging my beard...
  • Options
    rafaelda said:

I never asked for it to stay bugged, i asked for a new version at some point...

the reason i like him in normal run animation is because it resembles a jousting horse ! lots of people complained for the same reason when it was released.

Since it looks like thins now making a new version woudnt be hard and i think it would be a good adiction to some upcoming event, that would leave us with more options and more reason to farm the events...

I undestand that you like the pranching, theres noone stopping you to ask for spreading this animation to other horses!

I personally think that some more fancy horses would look really good with the pranching animation, like the Pharaoh Steed or the Sunite Horse, pardon my ignorance now, i dont know the animation set for enchanted courser and unicorns but they would also be nice pranching (i never paid atetion to them)

wouldnt you like to being able to work for a pranching Sunite steed ?

for now i will run with this one till it get fixed... then change to another horse, since my bullet still bugging my beard...

The new siegebreaker also prances instead of runs, which if kinda funny in that as a war horse it should run.

The Chap Charger is still running instead of prancing. Frankly the two need to be flipped.

• Options
    naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    When you say "runs like normal horses" do you mean gallops and canters? Or do you mean runs like bojack horseman?
  • Options

When you say "runs like normal horses" do you mean gallops and canters? Or do you mean runs like bojack horseman?

The Neverwinter Charger should prance like the Parade one does. It use to and stopped with Mod15. It now gallops like 95% of all the horses.
  • Options
    I know, just kidding.

I'd rather see it gallop though, because it used to look like a supernaturally accelerated trot.
  • Options
    Though I wouldn't mind seeing it run like the horses in that weird Japan World Cup "game".
  • Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    I honestly don't mind, prancing with top mount speed looks extremely silly.
  • Options
    eion311 said:

I honestly don't mind, prancing with top mount speed looks extremely silly.

And it looking silly was what I liked about it. And the rider puts their hand on their hip in this preposterously pompous pose. This is my OP mount, the ego kinda fit the mount.