test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DC in PvP – need help

odskyr#3177 odskyr Member Posts: 42 Arc User
edited August 2018 in The Temple
hello everybody, i hope you can help me. I’d like to play my DC in PvP and I need some help. It would be nice if some of you could give me some advice. I’d like to know what powers, feats, boons and insigniabonuses are useful. Which equipment should I use, which artifacts and which enchantments. I’m aiming to be a tanky DC and not dps-focused.

I also prefer playing PvE, so I don’t want to spend millions of AD’s in buying new PvP stuff. But if there are some gamebraeking items I would spend some for it ;-)

At the moment I use a Unp. Holy Avenger and a Unp. Negation. All offence slots with Radiant, defense with Blackice (because of PvE). Oghmas’s token as main artifact, the Tiamat-Set and the everfrost-underwear.
Tagged:

Comments

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    There are two mainstream playstyle in pvp now, which are the pillar glass cannon and the node capping sentinel. Both are mostly useless in pvp in this meta since Astral Shield nerf and mostly failed 1v1 vs any classes including SW. As you asked for tanky DC build, go full deflect + hp combo on all items will do. Dont stack defense/regen/lifesteal. Negation/Shadowclad/Elven/Eclipse will be your fren.

If you can withstand a toxic environment with mane, stealths, oneshots, drains and clueless teammate, welcome to pvp then. Goodluck.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited August 2018

hello everybody, i hope you can help me. I’d like to play my DC in PvP and I need some help. It would be nice if some of you could give me some advice. I’d like to know what powers, feats, boons and insigniabonuses are useful. Which equipment should I use, which artifacts and which enchantments. I’m aiming to be a tanky DC and not dps-focused.

I also prefer playing PvE, so I don’t want to spend millions of AD’s in buying new PvP stuff. But if there are some gamebraeking items I would spend some for it ;-)

At the moment I use a Unp. Holy Avenger and a Unp. Negation. All offence slots with Radiant, defense with Blackice (because of PvE). Oghmas’s token as main artifact, the Tiamat-Set and the everfrost-underwear.

Hi there. There is a high barrier to doing well in PvP currently, as there are 14 modules worth of boons, items, enchantments to compete near the top.

I am a PC player, and playing a DC is currently more difficult in this meta of hard hitting classes and post DC astral shield nerf and further healing depression nerfs. Out of the top 100 players on PC, only 5 are DCs. I'm currently the number 1 ranked DC, and 17th player overall (though this does fluctuate fairly easily, especially if I am on a losing streak!).

Here is a link to my current build, an AC Faithful DC:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e_vTWV8tlIYzwaQvTt_mGOP3Y7fxsRWtoR8Yugk5-2U/edit?usp=sharing

The healing DC is only really as good as the team mates you have on your team. If your team mates cannot survive one shots, one-rotates, strays too far off node that you cannot target them easily with healing (even with gift of faith, as it only really helps prevent a one-rotation, then is used up) then you won't win the match.

Enjoy the build. Let me know what you think. :)
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • odskyr#3177 odskyr Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    First of all - thanks for the answers.

@vordayn - your build Looks pretty similar to my own. Only 2-3 boons are different. Now i know, that my way was not the wrongest one :D
  • wadewilson#3944 wadewilson Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    @vordayn Very useful and beautiful build.. hope that keep update, i like to be as tanky and healing as possible, and before reading that i have no idea on how to be a cleric in pvp
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    HI there,
    I only did some runs with my warlock in mod 15, even though I witnessed some DC´s out there ding good as faithfull (AC or DO).
    I also saw some high defense builds in mod 14 that did good, those ones run at 80% defense, but I am not aware how this works properly in mod 15 in times aof mega burst from GF´s dealing double the dps they should due to bugged SWW.
    @vordayn how much defense deflect do you run on your DC actually?
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited December 2018

HI there,
    I only did some runs with my warlock in mod 15, even though I witnessed some DC´s out there ding good as faithfull (AC or DO).
    I also saw some high defense builds in mod 14 that did good, those ones run at 80% defense, but I am not aware how this works properly in mod 15 in times aof mega burst from GF´s dealing double the dps they should due to bugged SWW.
    @vordayn how much defense deflect do you run on your DC actually?

Not as much as I did in Mod 14. I find now it doesn't help as much due to the insane burst damage. Now I prioritise control resist, HP and just plain healing.

But in terms of stats, I have about 60% defense and 40% deflect. I've seen some DCs with 70-90% defense and 70-80% deflect however.

These also does not include damage mitigation from other sources such as from: 1) Feytouched (-20% damage from opponent at Unparalleled), 2) Valhalla (-15% damage at full stacks), 3) Encounters such as divine Exalt, Break the Spirit, Divine Glow or Astral Shield, 4) Dailies from Hallowed Ground, 5) Class Features from Foresight etc, 6) Class Feats such as Have Faith, 7) Armor Enchantments such as Negation or Shadowclad, 8) Other items such as PvP Wards and the Ring of Sieging.

There are a number of ways to get damage mitigation, and this to me makes different DC builds quite interesting once you get down to the mechanics of the class. And as long as I keep moving and casting, I can 'share' some of this damage mitigation to allies as well.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR