test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gnarlroot Cave Final Chest Bug

checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
After you kill Grimak Nailbiter (perhaps too quickly, as I kill him before he goes through all the phases), the final instance chest becomes available to complete the quest and leave. However, when I go to the chest to take rewards, the rewards will not go into my inventory. The exit for the dungeon also is not available until after the rewards are taken. Whether by amount of time to wait or by repetition of opening the chest to take rewards, I will finally get the rewards and then able to exit as a completed instance. Also, as I go to the chest to retake rewards, the rewards are changing. So, this bug is both bad in possibly preventing a completed instance and maybe abused to get more gold crescents or whatever from the chest. There were an inordinate amount of players lined up at the entrance to Gnarlroot (which seems odd).

In any case, the final chest is bugged where it will not give rewards on first opening. Please fix!

Thanks for reading!
LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

Comments

• Options
    stormcrow#9329 stormcrow Member Posts: 2 Arc User

After you kill Grimak Nailbiter (perhaps too quickly, as I kill him before he goes through all the phases), the final instance chest becomes available to complete the quest and leave. However, when I go to the chest to take rewards, the rewards will not go into my inventory. The exit for the dungeon also is not available until after the rewards are taken. Whether by amount of time to wait or by repetition of opening the chest to take rewards, I will finally get the rewards and then able to exit as a completed instance. Also, as I go to the chest to retake rewards, the rewards are changing. So, this bug is both bad in possibly preventing a completed instance and maybe abused to get more gold crescents or whatever from the chest. There were an inordinate amount of players lined up at the entrance to Gnarlroot (which seems odd).

In any case, the final chest is bugged where it will not give rewards on first opening. Please fix!

Thanks for reading!

This also happened to me. As a new level 70, I did not kill him too quickly, and he retreated into his cocoon to heal twice. After the fight was over, the chest lit up with the blue-yellow circle. I was able to interact with it (F) and the reward window opened. There was no option to take the loot, just a "Close" button. However when the window closed there was no change in the chest. I had room in my inventory, but didn't receive the items. I did not notice the rewards change.
  • Options
    boydsto#9967 boydsto Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I have had this happen every time I go to do it as well, on multiple characters. One thing I have noticed is a pattern to when it will finally give me the items. If it is a character (A TR for example) that has a version of one of the special blue weapons (like the redcap sickle) the chest will not let me claim items until that one is randomly put in the list. I have an overabundance of those now. On characters that don't have a special Redcap weapon item (an SW for example) it will keep refreshing the list until the extra item is a gem and not a piece of equipment.

That is the main issue for me, I don't mind it giving the refining gem, RP is RP, but it will pass over blue armor pieces that are worth more points, to give me the gem.