test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

+1 items and Masterwork = literally unplayable?

alphwolfyalphwolfy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
So Mod 15 was introduced and we got the new professions system. Not long after we got the Gond event where I was super stoked to get a forgehammer.

Now we’re having a double professions weekend. Everything seemed to point towards progress in professions until I found out the hard way that +1 crafted items (which should be superior, and harder to get) do not count as requirements to the main quests.

Just making these things were expensive enough, on top of that you’d have to deal with not failing AND not making it too superior?? So now I’m sitting on a pile of +1 materials which are absolutely worthless.

If I’m looking at a 75% Proficiency, 50% Focus (which is around the best you can get without supplements), the chances of me actually getting the item I need to progress the task is in reality only 32.5%! And you don’t only need 1 of these, I believe.

Seems like an awful letdown on a weekend where MCrafters are supposed to be able to best leverage.

What are your thoughts? I saw someone suggest a vendor allowing us to trade +1s for it’s normal variants. Could work?

Comments

• utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Maybe the vendor can be a quick temp fix, but they need to fix this at the source. These +1 are presented in the UI as better versions of the regular items, but in the back end, the quests just treat them as unique items (as quests never needed go beyond that). They need to bite the bullet and overhaul this so that quest requirements are >= condition rather than ==. It isn't as simple as this, of course. Besides the all data that needs updating, the requirements fulfillment needs to use lowest quality first and work its way up.
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Please do SOMETHING cryptic. This is a professions mod and because I can't choose weaker versions of items to make (yo, Fredo make that one out of tin please not silver) I'm stuck on most MW IV tasks.
    I'm incredibly frustrated.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I thought I had posted a thread about this somewhere, but I cannot find it right now, but yea...until this is fixed I strongly advise against doing the Masterwork quests. The chance of accidentally getting an expensive unusable/unsellable +1 item.

This is even worse because of the focus calculation bugs (for example, you seem to have a fairly high chance of getting a +1 item with a focus of %0).

Now, the developers are aware of this issue - have said it is not easy to fix by having the quests accept the +1 items as well, as they are basically different items form the regular ones. Maybe there will be a temporary solution in the form of a NPC that can "downgrade" specific items, but at least something needs to be done.

Until then ... do not proceed with the masterwork quests.

See the older discussion thread and dev comments here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/13066243
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    This may not be the best solution, but I am using the Millabout vendors and Guild Marks to buy some of the things I need for my work on some of the MW 3 quests. This will guarantee I get the right result for the quests I have. I am aware that not all guilds/alliances have access to this.

This may be totally inefficient, I don't know, but my patience with things isn't the best. The devs have given no timeline on when the +1 issue will be resolved.

I have to caveat anything I say about MW as I am quite new to it all compared to others.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    You can indeed go that route mrvincent1959. There are now +1 versions of the base materials that you get from resource nodes that the vendors at Millabout market will not accept, however. They will only accept the regular versions of those items, so the +1 versions must be sold(if you actually can) or used in your workshop. Which only leads us back to vendors and quest givers that will not accept the superior version.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    If it's too difficult or time-intensive to include an option to disable Focus results, perhaps they could give us a (cheap and plentiful) supplement that grants a penalty to the Focus stat as a stop-gap measure?
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH