test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

wARNING!! :: Double Professions event is a double gold sink

tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 188 Arc User
For those of you who haven't figured it out yet this event is actually not a benefit to anyone. It is actually just a double gold sink to get rid of more gold.

The event is that you spend 1/2 the normal morale on a task! It sounds cool and all, but it doesn't lower the commission cost.
So a lvl-70 task is 75 silver and 12 copper and costs 40 morale.
So that means you can do that task 10 times. The maximum gold cost would be from a +200% commission artisan and you would loose 22 gold. Now since it cost 1/2 the morale you can now loose 45 gold.

So the double professions event is actually a double gold sink when it comes to using morale. Even if your using good commission artisan to save you gold, you are still spending double the gold.

Does this mean future events are going to become double sinks too? If this trend continues Neverwinter will soon be a dead game soon. Because when a special event which is suppose to benefit a player doesn't anymore...the game is dying.

Comments

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    This event is a gold boost to crafters who are using their morale to that purpose.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Even using morale you still have to pay the commission cost of every item made.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    > @greywynd said:
    > Even using morale you still have to pay the commission cost of every item made.

Irrelevant when the sale price of the items significantly exceeds the commission cost (even without using all reduced-commission artisans).

My point is that, for players who are concerned with generating more gold, this event is a huge boost. If you use the morale discount primarily to produce additional mats or RP, then yes, you’ll consume gold at an increased rate, but now is a great time to build more of a gold cushion.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• bluthbananabluthbanana Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    That makes no sense. You produce double the merchandise for double the gold. Gold cost per item is a constant. Noone will stop you from just spending half your morale if you don't want to do extra crafting tasks.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    I don't understand OPs point.
    If...

1 Item = 10 Morale + 100 Gold

... and during the event...

1 Item = 5 Morale + 100 Gold

... then the relative gold cost per item is unchanged.
    Gold may still be the rate-limiting step as the incentive is to make more of that item, but you are getting the exact same item-to-gold cost no matter how many you make.

Am I missing something here?
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    It depends if you are selling or not. I sell the lower level items for better returns on cost...

I like it cause it helps to level Artisans faster during this window. Use high XP items
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    vorphied said:

This event is a gold boost to crafters who are using their morale to that purpose.

Yes, it is my gold boost and my material production could not keep up with it. :)
    I used to only need material to make 80 items (5 moral per item) to make gold.
    Now, I need material for 160 items.

It is also a double profession XP (although the official announcement has a dedicated note saying it is not 2x profession XP).
    With half moral cost, it is like 4x profession XP.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited November 2018

The event is that you spend 1/2 the normal morale on a task! It sounds cool and all, but it doesn't lower the commission cost.
    So that means you can do that task 10 times. The maximum gold cost would be from a +200% commission artisan and you would loose 22 gold. Now since it cost 1/2 the morale you can now loose 45 gold.

How does your math work?
    You did it 10 times and lose 22 gold when moral cost has no discount.
    If you also do it 10 times with 50% off moral cost, you should only lose 22 gold. There is no change.

If you are talking about doing it 20 times now instead of 10 times you used to do, it is a total different story.

You make it sounds like if they double the moral cost, it will be a good news for you because the "gold cost will be half!?".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited November 2018

For those of you who haven't figured it out yet this event is actually not a benefit to anyone. It is actually just a double gold sink to get rid of more gold.

So the double professions event is actually a double gold sink when it comes to using morale. Even if your using good commission artisan to save you gold, you are still spending double the gold.

Does this mean future events are going to become double sinks too? If this trend continues Neverwinter will soon be a dead game soon. Because when a special event which is suppose to benefit a player doesn't anymore...the game is dying.

Please don't speak for everyone.

I have no idea what tasks you do, or why would you do 200% commission level 70 tasks.. But for others morale = AD, half morale costs = less AD spent....
    Not rocket science...

Don't like it, just do exactly the same amount of tasks you did without the event, and you are good.
  • aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    At no time did I ever think this would save me any gold and I'm not bothered about that. I think it was quite obvious that halving morale costs just allows you to do more tasks (but will still cost you the same gold for all those tasks) and again I'm fine with that.

This is just allowing you to do more tasks in potentially a shorter period and I don't see what the problem is? Its only costing you double the gold IF you do double the tasks - don't want to spend that gold, don't craft.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    aerthyn said:

At no time did I ever think this would save me any gold and I'm not bothered about that. I think it was quite obvious that halving morale costs just allows you to do more tasks (but will still cost you the same gold for all those tasks) and again I'm fine with that.

This is just allowing you to do more tasks in potentially a shorter period and I don't see what the problem is? Its only costing you double the gold IF you do double the tasks - don't want to spend that gold, don't craft.

I agree. I mean, you are going to spend the gold on it anyway. Don't you want to save some time doing so? It's all about how you look at it. This event is really a TIME SAVER rather than a GOLD SINK.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • shadower75shadower75 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I mean, you are going to spend the gold on it anyway. Don't you want to save some time doing so?

I think it is a little about something else. Double gold is written off
    7738-7486=252 instead of 126

Artisan skill: Passion Project broken during event (time 2:18-2:35) = 4966-4840=126 instead of 0

https://youtu.be/RFspAMsdlU0
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2018

I can see that most people that have tinkered with the professions system...

There are plenty of profession tasks that are gold profitable. These are lower end tasks too, so make these on main or alts. You can make plenty of gold during this event. Of course, as everyone has stated, you aren't forced to spend the morale. It is a bonus: use it if it benefits you. Don't use it if you feel it doesn't (or don't know how to make it benefit you)

Post edited by utookmynick on
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2018

I don't understand OPs point.

Probably just a thinly veiled attempt to ask for half gold to go along with the half morale. Unfortunately, it was based on very flawed logic. The lack of critical thinking is a very common problem in our society - we see examples of that all the time.

I think your reply and many others are just going to go right over the OP's head. You really have to dumb it down and keep it simple.
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User

I can see that most people that have tinkered with the professions system have not looked at the list of artisans for each rarity....normal, rare, and very rare.
    So higher level tasks will need a higher rarity artisan to complete it, and also give you the best chance for a +1 of that task. Those artisans will cost you....big time!!! Because there is only 1 good one for each profession field. So your chances are 1-5 to 1-6 of getting that 1 good one...the rest are junk.

In the old professions system if you spent on very rare artisans the tasks were easier and you got better results...you still do but now you pay up the nose for it in gold.

So lets say you want to do level 70 tasks. You can do so with normal white artisans but you will have about 20% failure to get the task done. And you +1 chance is almost nil. So you need to use supplements.

Now on the other hand a very rare artisan will give you about 95% to succeed in the task, and good focus for +1, add in a focus supplement and you have 60% or higher to get that +1. This very rare one though will cost you in gold.

Now add to the fact your limited in artisans now. You weren't under the old system. If I had wanted 20 normal maxed artisans I could build up that many. Now with artisans being unique with different stats you need that space but they took it away.

Is this post serious? Warning? Really?

As someone said, you seem to imply that a double morale cost event would then be good for your gold. You probably didn't get a full grasp on the new profession system.

Half morale cost is just that, half morale cost. If you need to spend 100 gold for a specific crafting goal, guess how much you will need to pay during a half morale cost event. The same 100 gold. The difference is you will get there faster. It is in absolutely no way detrimental to workshop progression unless you are for whatever reason being biased towards inefficient methods by the event.
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User

I can see that most people that have tinkered with the professions system have not looked at the list of artisans for each rarity....normal, rare, and very rare.
    So higher level tasks will need a higher rarity artisan to complete it, and also give you the best chance for a +1 of that task. Those artisans will cost you....big time!!! Because there is only 1 good one for each profession field. So your chances are 1-5 to 1-6 of getting that 1 good one...the rest are junk.

In the old professions system if you spent on very rare artisans the tasks were easier and you got better results...you still do but now you pay up the nose for it in gold.

So lets say you want to do level 70 tasks. You can do so with normal white artisans but you will have about 20% failure to get the task done. And you +1 chance is almost nil. So you need to use supplements.

Now on the other hand a very rare artisan will give you about 95% to succeed in the task, and good focus for +1, add in a focus supplement and you have 60% or higher to get that +1. This very rare one though will cost you in gold.

Now add to the fact your limited in artisans now. You weren't under the old system. If I had wanted 20 normal maxed artisans I could build up that many. Now with artisans being unique with different stats you need that space but they took it away.

Maybe you didn't get a full grasp on the new profession system.

Half morale cost is just that, half morale cost. If you need to spend 100 gold for a specific crafting goal, guess how much you will need to pay during a half morale cost event. The same 100 gold. The difference is you will get there faster. It is in absolutely no way detrimental to workshop progression unless you are for whatever reason being biased towards inefficient methods by the event.