test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The End is the Beginning is the End

scarabmanscarabman Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 29 Cryptic Developer
Four years ago, I joined Cryptic to provide expertise on console development as the studio was looking to bring Neverwinter to Xbox in North America and Europe. After a successful release, I was excited to integrate my efforts more fully with the Neverwinter team and help converge our PC and console development processes, which, at the time, were very far out of sync. During my time, we've vanquished vampires, destroyed dinos, journeyed with giants and dropped demons with Drizzt. It's been a long road but I'm proud of how far we've come over the years.

It's been a pleasure and honor working with the Neverwinter team. I have enjoyed engaging with the community and I have loved seeing the passion you all pour into the game. As always happens in life, situations change and new opportunities arise. A new opportunity has come my way and and I've opted to pursue it to see where it leads me next. It is definitely sad to go and I will miss you all. I am confident that Neverwinter will continue to thrive for years to come based on the strength and passion of its players.

-Scarabman (Ben Bascom)

Comments

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    Sorry to see you go and goodbye
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Ditto, and good luck in whatever you do next.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Thank you for your input to the game and on the forums. I know we can be a tough bunch :)

All the best with your future endeavours! :+1:
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    @scarabman , appreciation for your efforts, the years of fun you created for us, and the graceful manner in which you are bowing out.

You are a class act. Cheers.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Where will you go?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Good luck to you @scarabman, and ty for your comments on the forums.

I do have a question though, who will be handling PVP feedback/changes in your place? I am unsure who else handles this sort of thing or whether or not anyone besides you has been checking the PVP section recently.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I hope you check in on Neverwinter from time to time! You will be missed! <3
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited December 2018

I do have a question though, who will be handling PVP feedback/changes in your place? I am unsure who else handles this sort of thing or whether or not anyone besides you has been checking the PVP section recently.

the same personnel perhaps that is handling class balance now lol : D after the other dev left ...?
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

they same personnel perhaps that is handling class balance now lol : D after the other dev left ...?
    It's a shame that both left so soon after completing the modules. While it is good that they stayed to see the completion of the module, I can't help but think that the timing seems a little bit too close.

Shouldn't the release of a module be a cause for celebration and not one for leaving? Ah well, it makes me a little sad, and maybe I'm over-thinking it..
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    Have a great life.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    vordayn said:

kalina311 said:

they same personnel perhaps that is handling class balance now lol : D after the other dev left ...?
    It's a shame that both left so soon after completing the modules. While it is good that they stayed to see the completion of the module, I can't help but think that the timing seems a little bit too close.

Shouldn't the release of a module be a cause for celebration and not one for leaving? Ah well, it makes me a little sad, and maybe I'm over-thinking it..
    I don't think the launch of the module was the catalyst for either one of their departures. Decisions like this take a lot of time and effort. I think it was really just bad timing.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • dreadlord#1226 dreadlord Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Good luck my dude!
  • honeya#3882 honeya Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavors
  • chiatzouchiatzou Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I prefer "I of the Mourning" myself.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    Fare ye well, Scarabman!
  • thetoothpick#9832 thetoothpick Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Yeah thanks bye. Don’t worry about Neverwinter it will be fine with out you
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    good luck on your next stop and be successful.

(want to be funny), Can i have your stuffs?