test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MASTERWORK Quest warning for beginners

I finally started to do masterwork quests for alchemy. I had actually gotten to MW 1 before mod 15, and last night i decided to get to MW 2.

One thing beginners need to be aware of is that all the item requirements for the artisan quest are DOUBLED.

He tells you to collect Aqua Fortis and Oil of vitriol, 6 of each. When you collect them, he TAKES them from you, and then tells you to bring him concentrated aqua regia (which requires the components he just took). So you have to go get 6 more of each, make the aqua regia, and then he takes that. Next you need Dragons blood, so you collect everything again, and make the dragons blood, and he takes that. Then he tells you you need all of those things to make the guilded ledger. I burned through 600k AD in the blink of an eye, and still didn't have the quest done.

I'm not sure if the other masterwork quests are this way, but BE WARNED, the quest item requirements are either doubled or tripled in some cases.

Comments

• eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    That's normal, did that for all professions
  • originalsilkfireoriginalsilkfire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I imagined after i experienced it that it was probably normal, but it does not follow the precedent of how collection quests work during the run up to level 70. This post was just a warning to those thinking of getting MW professions that if you are evaluating the costs, they are double or triple what you are told from the quest giver, with no real warning about the fact that you will lose the items gathered, which is the direct opposite of what happens in all the rest of the gathering quests during the leveling process to 70.