test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.105.20181022a.19

2»

Comments

• checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    The one hour cooldown on the Basement quest is a bad resolution to a host of issues. It is a quick fix, like putting a bandaid on an gangrenous limb. If devs are really looking for feedback, here is mine:

1. Make the keys that can be purchased for acorns only purchasable every 20 hours and BtC. (If they are already this, then everything kalina surmised is mute. I haven't paid attention, because I don't purchase keys yet).
    2. Increase the Acorn value on the mainline quests from 25 to 30, for first time run, and from 15 to 20 for repeat runs. This will decrease the need to run the Basement Acquisition quest multiple times to fill weekly quota AND spread the weekly cap over the various quests.
    3. Increase the Basement quest to 10.
    4. Add another variable quest (like repeating the Walnut Blacklake quests for 30/20 acorns. I do not see how this would be difficult).

At bottom, the community is displeased with fixes to design flaws and bugs where the solution is more pain upon the community. Thanks for reading!
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Cryptic's approach to the new campaign is interesting. In theory, this Acquisitions Incorporated campaign was designed for the new players they expected to receive thanks to the use of that "well-known" brand. However, what each new player experiences is a completely flawed campaign where they have had to repeat the same mission continuously in order to fill the weekly haul as there is no other method to do so. Now, not only they have to keep doing the same mission over and over again, but they also have to wait an hour before they can do it again. This is terrible for those who play several characters as well.

I rarely complain about anything, knowing that there are endless problems to complain about in this game, but this change is absurd and if you wanted to solve another problem originated by this quest, you could have focus elsewhere.

This is sadly but absolutely true.

It really feels like Mod15, which was supposedly designed for new players, fails to address many of the biggest issues for new players (chat restrictions, info overload / lack of direction, imbalances in queue system).

Worse, it's taking things in the wrong direction. Increasingly repetitive quests, a baffling opaque and expensive profession system, not to mention another round of ridiculously broken items in PVP (for like the nth time hah).

I am also usually not one to complain too much, but it feels like the game needs to realign to the goals it's stating. It feels like nearly all decisions are happening in silos, and this is turning off new players in addition to seasoned ones.
  • kopros666kopros666 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    The repeatability of this quest has been reduced to once every hour rather than being immediately repeatable.

Bad, uncreative, unthoughtful and disastrous decisions. If you wanna bury this game, you've chosen the right way to do it.
    Disappointment, once again.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    I get the feeling at times that there is a key position missing at the Cryptic office: the employee whose job it is to come back to the dev team and question whether or not a proposed change makes sense, is necessary, and may be outweighed by more pressing concerns.

In other words, if a dev were to say this quest should be put on a timer to align it with similar quests in other campaigns, why did no one stop and say, “That fix can wait, because there are currently no other daily quests available, and the weeklies award only 15 main campaign currency instead of 25 per run?”
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• fuerte3fuerte3 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Master's Desk is still in tutorial mode, "View new artisan applications here" tooltip is always there.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Please can we have some communication on this one.. it makes no sense, the math doesn't add up and you are expecting poeple to have 17 hour wait times at the end ? ridiculous amount of time frame.

• kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User

Please can we have some communication on this one.. it makes no sense, the math doesn't add up and you are expecting poeple to have 17 hour wait times at the end ? ridiculous amount of time frame.

I second this. The lucky toons have to do this quest (150-(6*15+20))/5=8 times to fill weekly haul and progress. Even chult does not take to fill weekly haul more than 3 hours and no such restriction to check the watch and manage timetable to be able to progress while you are doing some dungeons for example.

So there needs to be some communication sooner than later, please.
    also logged into claim my keys, there is nothing there? others have said the same thing? did we still not get the keys?
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    Just echoing that an hour delay for basement investigation is a terrible idea, unless it is coupled with either alternative quests to fill the space or to bump up the acorn count per run. Do the people who decide these things actually play the game?
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    "Winter Charge Rewards Promo

The first tier of Charge Rewards can once again properly be claimed. Due to the nature of the fix, anyone who had previously claimed this tier can claim one more set of five keys on a different character (on same account) that has not claimed it before. We do not consider that single extra claim to be an exploit. Second set cannot be claimed on the same character as the first set was claimed on."

Love how you guys HAMSTER on players who didnt redeem the keys earlier. Apparently only exploiters can get a double set but players who didnt get to redeem the keys are kissed off with just 5...fairness at play. This is why people dont want to spend money on your game...except the gold-farmers in china...Hey wheres your parent company located by the way...

You guys are starting to make Bethesda and EA appear as pillars of honesty and integrity in gaming...

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    How about you just fix the amount of acorns the other missions give us and not use the basement run to cover up for the mistakes?

None of this mod was ready for release.

Crafting is still bugged and the campaign is still a mess.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    Srly??? No dev/mod response????
    Shame on you!
    I have entered a ticket on my keys.. I have heared of 2-3 others who didnt get thier keys from the promo as well.

Also, can we please at least know if the issue with the weekly acorns amounts have been fowarded.. why is there no response on this please?
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @nitocris83

Julia,

Last week I asked you a question about the wording on your Patch Notes, subsection titled "Remaining Known Issues". I would still like to know if they are talking about waiting on them until a later build or a later revision or the next build. While another player answered me with their opinion on what you meant, they are not an official Cryptic developer or representative. I would still like clarification on the meaning of your term build. If you wish to continue on this vague frame of reference, may I suggest you change your wording on that page to;

Companions and Soul Puppets snooze after a while of standing idle; this will be reverted at later date.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Sorry had to edit, just nah dont worth to say...

Resumed version
    I was trying to keep at least 2 toons with max currency in this mod even finding it boring and annoying but if this 1hour limit keeps up i will just ignore the entire campaing... if your problemas is Key limit the key with a timer like the other keys already have...
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    yppo#1635 said:

Sorry, but which "genius" came up with the 1h cooldown timer on a boring quest you have to spam to get to the weekly limit? It is bad enough that I have to do it 8 times this week if I want to get the maximum of possible points but now I ahve to wait 8h to do that mind-hamstering-hamster?!

I did, and I suggest you use the rest of each hour to do stuff you would do anyway - Sige of Neverwinter, SH influence run, Dread ring for SH Dark Gifts, Icewind Dale for Frozen Treasures, Sharandar for Fey Gifts, Well of Dragons for Tyranny Treasures. . .
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

"I started thinking, if we get a total of 6 weeklies in the end and the cap will be 175, that leaves us short on 85 acorns a week, I know we will have the skirmish as well, but frankly if you dont want to do the skirmish, you would have to do 17 basemen runs! 17!!!!!" - Silverkelt (from another thread)

Assuming the math is accurate (I haven't finished the campaign yet) that is 17 hours... WTF? Do the people making these decisions even play this game?

Change the weeklies to 25 acorns (similar to weeklies in Chult/Ravenloft) and then we only need 5 basement runs. If you still feel we need a timer, at least it's something that most people should be able to accomplish in the course of a week.

If the concern is people are spamming the basement run for XP to level characters too quickly, remove the XP completely.

*This is based on the assumption the cap will be 175 and we have 6 weeklies at 15 per.

Yes its too much of a boring and boorish grind.

Who is doing their counting for them anyways! They need to go study with the Count ! He will set them straight!

6 weeklies at 25 Acorns per and 5 basement runs is a GREAT IDEA!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

I have entered a ticket on my keys.. I have heared of 2-3 others who didnt get thier keys from the promo as well.

Also, can we please at least know if the issue with the weekly acorns amounts have been fowarded.. why is there no response on this please?

Get a response yet? Not thrilled with another set of hoops to get something I should have already had.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User

also logged into claim my keys, there is nothing there? others have said the same thing? did we still not get the keys?

I was going to mention this too. I logged in last night and the Promo Reward Agent does not have them.
    Are we certain this is for everyone on PC or just those that were not able to claim them initially?
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User

I did, and I suggest you use the rest of each hour to do stuff you would do anyway - Sige of Neverwinter, SH influence run, Dread ring for SH Dark Gifts, Icewind Dale for Frozen Treasures, Sharandar for Fey Gifts, Well of Dragons for Tyranny Treasures. . .

But what about people that might only have a couple of hours to play this week?

The reason doesn't matter, just that there will be times where life gets busy and there just isn't time for much playing.
    Rather than those folks being able to get through their weeklies they will be stalled out.

No, it's not the worst thing in the world, but it is a wall that was put in their way to cover for some poor execution.

They could limit keys without limiting the run.
    If they can take acorns away from the run after so many times then they can take anything else away after so many tries and just let people get the stuff done.

It's not our fault that they screwed up this campaign with bad math.
  • jeboleth#9086 jeboleth Member Posts: 24 Arc User

If you are being serious, why would you suggest that? Was there an even worse idea that Cryptic had and this was the best we got? I think its pretty obvious from this thread that people are not happy with the change.

6 weeklies at 25 Acorns per and 5 basement runs is a GREAT IDEA!

If the developers at Cryptic really listened to your idea of the 1 hour timer, hopefully they listen to this suggestion as well.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

yppo#1635 said:

Sorry, but which "genius" came up with the 1h cooldown timer on a boring quest you have to spam to get to the weekly limit? It is bad enough that I have to do it 8 times this week if I want to get the maximum of possible points but now I ahve to wait 8h to do that mind-hamstering-hamster?!

Why would I do all that ??? Waste time just for the sake of wasting time ?
    I dont even understand why you would do those daily.. there is zero need of that. Im crammed by just running weeklies on ten alts, ready to donate to the coffer at double mark.

No one in a maxed out guild needs to run those things on a daily basis.. I struggle finding anyone in the alliance who needs anything at all.. I farmed siege for a few items today and had about 100 vouchers I could barely find a guild who needed any of it, other then influence pretty much.

I used to make astral diamond boxes as one of my leadership tasks on 5 toons and donate them, but now thats out too.

The rest of what you said, I think must be tongue in cheeck? no one other then baby guilds need to do that and baby guilds just need to find an alliance with a slot open to join, you ill get hundreds of thousands in donations .. and just really need to worry about influence and maybe glory..even then , if you do daily mauraders enough people will casually drop in to help.. that you should be ok there as well.

• vincenzone84vincenzone84 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Module 15:
    1) All bugs
    2) Another Campaign, equal to all the others.
    3) Still Bug
    4) Before module 15, I spent millions of diamonds in craftsmen and epic tools, and now I find myself with nothing in hand.
    5) Anywhere Bug
    6) Dungeons that still do not open chests.
    7) Again bugs
    8) Dungeons full of bugs (example Tong and CR)
    9) Players angry, frustrated, nervous, disappointed, tired.

Who is administering, do you know that is killing this game?
    Who administers, do you know that there are no news, but copies of old forms?
    Who administers knows that the players are not stupid?
    When is a real novelty?
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    Maybe they should just reduce the number of acorns needed per step in the campaign to fit with the quests? Would make the most sense....
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Hi, this is my actual campaign state after doing every available quest.

The problem is not that I do have to do 7 more missions, the problem is I do need to have a free time span of 7 hours. This makes quite frustating and unfun.

The past change were we could play the campaigns as we could was amazing and well received because we didn't need anymore to have a few hours per day just to do the daily missions. Unfortunately, this cooldown for the only non-weekly mission for the new campaign will do that many players just can't get to the weekly hault and be left behind in gameplay progression.
  • nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Way to make a boring, tedious campaign/mod suck even more.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW