test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PE entrance and exits

athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
Can we have the Protector Enclave exits also become entrances as well ? Its a real pain traveling half a min to get to the bazaar or workshop when lagging real badly cause of so many issues. Also can you make an entrance/exit over by the druid/ranger grove next throne stairs ? where the illusionist and chest were on the Halloween event. That would make getting to the TOD group and knox much easier.

Thank you for considering it.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Get VIP. Use the travel post to go to the workshop.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Is workshop shown in regular travel map? Or, is it VIP only? I have VIP. Hence, I don't know if the regular travel map has it or not.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    it doesn't. and i'm not wholly concerned with workshop only if you read my statement completely. I wish for exits to also be entrances. As right now there are three exit and only one is an entrance. I want 4 total. The current entrance is great for the mailbox, but is a long way from the workshop/bazaar/bank/knox/and 'king'.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    And how would the game know which entry you wished to make use of at any given transfer? You want to go to the workshop? The game drops you at the Sleeping Dragon Bridge entrance. You want to go see Neverember? The game drops you at South City Gate.

Coriol St is, more or less, central in PE.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • funkfest#7405 funkfest Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I found it pretty dumb that the game can not remember what gate I left from and enter through it when I come back.

Buying VIP for a feature which should just be part of the game is not the answer.
    edited November 2018

I found it pretty dumb that the game can not remember what gate I left from and enter through it when I come back.

Buying VIP for a feature which should just be part of the game is not the answer.

It does not make sense to me to come back where I got out. The game should not remember where I got out. I should have the choice to choose which entrance.
    There should be one for going to the Garden directly, btw.

They should do that like workshop in VIP and have various circles around PE to choose in the map or even a separate entrance map just for PE area. Even Underdark has its own map which normally has only one place to go.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I've wanted a Garden marker on the world map for a long long time.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    IMO garden should be its own zone, so you don't have all the lag from the population in PE, and yes having a marker there is needfull. Having garden would satisfy the other requests about having your own house and such, as long as its not bound in the same zone as PE i'm all for it
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    PE is such a small map I find it hard to comprehend how traversing the zone from the entrance to any location is a chore for anyone. It's literally seconds to go to any area in PE. This is such a trivial request and not at all a priority for all players.

That's my 2 cents so dev's can see that not everyone thinks this a priority when there are soooooooooo many other issues in game that need to be taken care of.
    edited November 2018

PE is such a small map I find it hard to comprehend how traversing the zone from the entrance to any location is a chore for anyone. It's literally seconds to go to any area in PE. This is such a trivial request and not at all a priority for all players.

That's my 2 cents so dev's can see that not everyone thinks this a priority when there are soooooooooo many other issues in game that need to be taken care of.

I personally don't care about making castle exit as "entrance" much but dev can utilize what they already have.
    e.g.
    It already can drop people in front of Hall of Justice if the toon stayed in the expired event zone.
    It already can drop people back to outside of AI building after the AI quest.
    These two are live hidden entrances.

If you haven't had lag in PE then you are lucky. Occasionally i get serious lag when i wake my computer from sleep and try to go into PE and its just all seriously choppy like crazy. sometimes i takes me minutes to reach the bazaar or bank that way, and i have to reload the game to clear the lag (which takes like 5 min or so). Sometimes i can have a freshly loaded game and still get some lag in PE, because of the events and population/objects within PE. In this case Size does not matter. PE is highly compacted Object heavy zone that many people traverse. Therefore its a heavy lag zone for middle to low speed connections.
    The safety mode portal (expired event entrance) is a good place to put a entrance/exit imo.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

I personally don't care about making castle exit as "entrance" much but dev can utilize what they already have.
    e.g.
    It already can drop people in front of Hall of Justice if the toon stayed in the expired event zone.
    I don't think the two are coded as "entrances". My guess is that it is something like "bring character ABC to PE to the coordinates X/Y". Why do I think this? Try the following (if you have VIP and are in a guild):

- go to any place you like in the PE
    - use your VIP travel post and travel to your stronghold
    - in your stronghold, enter any queue you like
    - after the queue is finished, you end up in the PE exactly at the location from where you traveled to your stronghold
    (And yes, this happens ALWAYS, even when your stronghold map is still loaded)

Btw, this also works if you do not start from any location within the PE but from any location from any ... uhm... "fixed" map (e.g. Neverdeath Graveyard, Whispering Caverns, Dread Ring, ...)

Because the feature to place a char to any coordinate in any map, I don't think it is too complicated to add more fixed entrance points for the PE to the world map.
    developers can code it even like the alliance guilds dropdown on the overland map. Click the PE get a choice of gate. Can include the druid grove and garden gates
    edited November 2018

e.g.
    I don't think the two are coded as "entrances". My guess is that it is something like "bring character ABC to PE to the coordinates X/Y". Why do I think this? Try the following (if you have VIP and are in a guild):

- go to any place you like in the PE
    - use your VIP travel post and travel to your stronghold
    - in your stronghold, enter any queue you like
    - after the queue is finished, you end up in the PE exactly at the location from where you traveled to your stronghold
    (And yes, this happens ALWAYS, even when your stronghold map is still loaded)

Btw, this also works if you do not start from any location within the PE but from any location from any ... uhm... "fixed" map (e.g. Neverdeath Graveyard, Whispering Caverns, Dread Ring, ...)

Because the feature to place a char to any coordinate in any map, I don't think it is too complicated to add more fixed entrance points for the PE to the world map.
    What I mean is they already have code written that can drop people to two particular places in PE.
    What they need to do is to add two extra spots in the travel map to execute the same code to drop people in those 2 places.

I well aware how "SH (and workshop) put you back to where you were" works. I have been taking advantage of that (even more now with workshop). i.e. my routine is counting on that particular behaviour (that others expressed they hate).
    That may not be very hard to do (as dropping to X,Y) but it is still a bit more coding than what I proposed. What I propose is to use the locations they are using already.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • nathanjmnathanjm Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    It might be easier to code this like the Icewind/Chult sub-maps off the main overworld map. Clicking on PE would open a sub-map with a few entrances like Workshop, Knox/Boward, AI/AH, Moonstone Mask, etc. Players are already used to sub-maps.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

If you haven't had lag in PE then you are lucky. Occasionally i get serious lag when i wake my computer from sleep and try to go into PE and its just all seriously choppy like crazy. sometimes i takes me minutes to reach the bazaar or bank that way, and i have to reload the game to clear the lag (which takes like 5 min or so). Sometimes i can have a freshly loaded game and still get some lag in PE, because of the events and population/objects within PE. In this case Size does not matter. PE is highly compacted Object heavy zone that many people traverse. Therefore its a heavy lag zone for middle to low speed connections.

I've experienced plenty of lag in this game. I don't think anyone can play NW and say they've never had lag. I also avoid PE as much as possible because it is the laggiest area to me.

But avoiding it because of lag has absolutely nothing to do with how long it takes to get from point A to point B in PE. It still isn't enough for me to desire dev attention.

And I still would rather they spend time on important issues.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

I've experienced plenty of lag in this game. I don't think anyone can play NW and say they've never had lag. I also avoid PE as much as possible because it is the laggiest area to me.

But avoiding it because of lag has absolutely nothing to do with how long it takes to get from point A to point B in PE. It still isn't enough for me to desire dev attention.

And I still would rather they spend time on important issues.
    Okay so technically not lag but insane levels of rubberbanding which makes it take a minute or more to go across the PE map from one end to the other. And give that everyone is nor forced to go to PE to talk with Whatshername about upgrading the workshop even if you have VIP, not to mention that if you don't have VIP you really don't have a choice but to go to PE on the regular, this issue needs to be addressed and soonish.
    It was an issue before 15, often during events and no it has nothing to do with ping or package loss, they're the same as always. But mod 16 made this go totally haywire for a lot of players. You don't have the issue, congrats, but this game is nigh on unplayable in PE for some of us to the degree I'm barely logging in right now.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    i agree with ilithyn. PE is a hub of activity and a centerpoint in many many questlines and events. The lagging and rubberbanding there is terrible on slower connections and corrupted "sleep patterns" like get allot. The workshop sending stone at least got rid of a major need to visit the workshop in PE and that cut down on the traffic imo. Adding entrance gates may do more, idk. Right now its a desirability and not a definite need as i see it. That was all i was trying to say.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

i agree with ilithyn. PE is a hub of activity and a centerpoint in many many questlines and events. The lagging and rubberbanding there is terrible on slower connections and corrupted "sleep patterns" like get allot. The workshop sending stone at least got rid of a major need to visit the workshop in PE and that cut down on the traffic imo. Adding entrance gates may do more, idk. Right now its a desirability and not a definite need as i see it. That was all i was trying to say.

Still if you want to do the new campaign at all you are once again forced to go to PE on the regular. The AI HQ is there and the airship which is the start interaction point for nearly all weeklies is in PE right outside. This is another reason why I'm happy I've decided to skip this campaign, I have to deal with the insane rubberbanding in PE enough as it is. I can't imagine what it would be like if I had to go there constantly on top of it because of the campaign. A journey that is no increased in frequency thanks you your nonsensical timegate on Basement Investigation.
    You really are meaning to make life as miserable for your players as you possibly can with this mod.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    hmmm, good point. A sub map of PE would be quite useful if you could '''travel''' to workshop/AI HQ/sebella/enchantress/character changer lady etc. Then could use those to exit into PE and visit the closest PE zone questgivers and merchants like knox/king/bazaar/trade guild lady/bank etc. Add in the entrances to the exits and that would do very nicely for all concerned.