test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Professions Thank You Gift!

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers,

We would like to take a moment to say thank you for your patience and enthusiasm in helping us address various issues with the recent professions overhaul. Due to the scope of the change, your input has been invaluable to improving the system. We will continue to address issues and read your feedback on the forums, but we also wanted to extend our gratitude to our PC players with a token of our appreciation. All players will have 1 (one) Account Bound Bundle available for free claim in the Rewards Claim Agent that includes 2 (two) Account Bound Epic quality artisan choice packs. Players will receive a random, not already owned, Epic artisan in the player's profession of choice.

The free claim will be available starting tomorrow after maintenance until January 3 at 1am PST. This is PC-only.

Thank you!

The Neverwinter Team

Comments

• tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    The thought is appreciated.

Mind you, a little late as I already spent a few thousand Zen during the sales getting most Epic artisans I needed, as I'm certain most of us have, but appreciated nonetheless.

(On a tangentially related note, the fix for the hairpins slipped through the cracks, they are still only usable by Control Wizards.)
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I hope you realize that Rare artisans are better than Epic ones for the most part.

I have no use for any Epic artisan with +150% commission and if I was to be given something useful, I should be able to pick the artisan I want from a list, not be given a random one out of 10 or more possible.
  • omega13#2190 omega13 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Thank-you for the artisan packs!

It is taking me a while to unravel the new professions system. Although I had most professions maxed under the old system (and now have lots of Level 70 professions under the new system), I am wondering if there are any guides (on or off these forums) which will help me navigate through and enjoy my crafting again.

For instance, I am stuck at the part of the workshop quest chain which asks me to provide +1 items to the new supply merchant. How do I make those +1 items (Tailoring, for instance)?

Thanks, again!
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    "Acquisitions Incorporated

The amount of experience given by Basement Investigations has been reduced, and the repeatability of this quest has been reduced to once every hour rather than being immediately repeatable.
    "
    SERIOUSLY??? WE WILL NEED 8 HOURS TO WEEKLY CAP THIS EFFING CAMPAIGN ???
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    This is nice. At least some people will appreciate it, though it would be nice if the rest of the bugs in the system could be worked out.

Still getting the wrong craftsman after accepting an application or the right craftsman might show up but at an entirely different level than they said, and this is making me run one person short so that I can accept every application "just in case".

Don't want to fire an existing worker until I know that the new one is what I want, don't want to dismiss the applicants until I know that the person that shows up for work isn't someone that I would like to add to the team.

It is taking me a while to unravel the new professions system. Although I had most professions maxed under the old system (and now have lots of Level 70 professions under the new system), I am wondering if there are any guides (on or off these forums) which will help me navigate through and enjoy my crafting again.

For instance, I am stuck at the part of the workshop quest chain which asks me to provide +1 items to the new supply merchant. How do I make those +1 items (Tailoring, for instance)?

Thanks, again!

You get +1 items by having enough focus.
    When you put a craftsman and tool into a job you see two wheels at the top of the window. One is for proficiency, on the left, the other is for focus, on the right.

Higher proficiency helps make sure that the task is completed, higher focus helps increase the chance that, if successful, the item will be of higher quality.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    The thought is nice. I'll grant you that. What would be better would be to allow us to simply pick the two artisans we want, instead of giving us two artisans of epic quality. As far as I can see, none of the epic artisans are worth having because their commission modifiers are so high. The few that have lower commission modifiers end up with negative speed modifiers or bad proficiency/focus. I'd much rather be able to just choose the two artisans I want regardless of their rarity. There are many common and rare artisans that are much better than their epic counterparts. At this point, I'll be passing on this "gift".
  • raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    It's a nice gesture although they won't be used often, at least not for low end crafting. Only for level 70 items and someday MW. I will actually have to kick other Artisan's. Would have to kick the expensive Rare Artisan's in favor of Epic.
    Typically don't use either.

I would happier with just an Invoking Fireplace inside workshop. Killing two birds with one stone!
    Or Workshop inside Stronghold would be perfect!
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Thank you for the thought, it is appreciated.

However, there is a significant issue with your crafting system, when you can give away 2 free Epic Artisans, and of the 5 people I asked 'what should I pick', 4 said "Just leave them in the box" and/or "Pass", and 1 said "Doesn't matter, you probably won't use them anyway".
  • sooty#4663 sooty Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Man you ALL on here are pretty crappy people. The devs admit a failure, offer an apology and give thanks for patience, and even offer some recompense (when they didn't have to), and every single post on here has a complaint...what are the babies gonna do if all of you are doing all the crying?
  • raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User

Man you ALL on here are pretty crappy people. The devs admit a failure, offer an apology and give thanks for patience, and even offer some recompense (when they didn't have to), and every single post on here has a complaint...what are the babies gonna do if all of you are doing all the crying?

I call it posturing for something more. It's never a bad thing to give positive feedback. And stating the obvious.
    Hence I used Although instead of But.

By the way, I only see one negative post. The rest are positive feedback with food for thought!
  • happy1go1lucky28happy1go1lucky28 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Thank you devs! I know it takes time to fix all the issues. The extra bonus gift is a nice gesture as well. My only gripe is the 1hr change on the repeatable Acquisitions Incorporated quest. Seems like a bit of an odd move. Anyway, thanks again for all the hard work and keep those patches coming.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Here's some positive feedback to compensate for the negative one :

- I love the changes made to salvage and raw AD. I can consistently refine 100k AD a day with the new system while i couldn't before.

- I love auto-loot.

- Refinement points have never been so easy to get, and I like it too.

- I like the new crafting system for the most part.

And some more negative :

The one aspect I hate with the new crafting system is the randomness of artisan recruitment which deprived most old players of all the tools and crafters they had for a handful of lottery tickets with the obvious goal of selling recruitment scrolls from the zen shop.

It wouldn't be so bad if you at least had the opportunity to pick one artisan out of a list of 3 or 4 every time you get a new application or you use a scroll but it's too late anyway.

I've never complained about the bugs, HAMSTER happens, and it's good to see the dev team acknowledging them and offering us a gift but this gift isn't of any use to me or anyone else who doesn't delve in masterworks so, yes, i'd rather get something else.
  • omega13#2190 omega13 Member Posts: 19 Arc User

This is nice. At least some people will appreciate it, though it would be nice if the rest of the bugs in the system could be worked out.

Still getting the wrong craftsman after accepting an application or the right craftsman might show up but at an entirely different level than they said, and this is making me run one person short so that I can accept every application "just in case".

Don't want to fire an existing worker until I know that the new one is what I want, don't want to dismiss the applicants until I know that the person that shows up for work isn't someone that I would like to add to the team.

Thanks, again!

You get +1 items by having enough focus.
    When you put a craftsman and tool into a job you see two wheels at the top of the window. One is for proficiency, on the left, the other is for focus, on the right.

Higher proficiency helps make sure that the task is completed, higher focus helps increase the chance that, if successful, the item will be of higher quality.
    Thanks very much for your quick and helpful response!
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    edited November 2018

The problem is that the way the developers set up the artisans is a major part of the failure of this change. I just spent time looking at the stats of all the epic artisans across all the professions (including Gathering). There is literally not one single epic artisan worth having. Either the epic artisans have too high a commission modifier, too low a speed modifier (in other words, a negative speed modifier), or they have worthwhile commission and speed modifiers yet they have terrible proficiency or focus values.

As for the value of the devs' "recompense", it costs them nothing to offer this. Literally nothing. It's difficult to claim a position of altruism when the action costs you nothing and also is to your benefit. Make no mistake about it: Offering this "recompense" is definitely to Cryptic's benefit because it purchases them some good will with their customers. If Cryptic wasn't so stingy, they would have let us pick the specific artisans we want. That would have purchased them some real good will from their customers and it would have been worth having.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Bug with reward box lolz

when you open the box the open recruit adventures option last one at the bottom when you hover over the worker says alchemist lol another bug it still gives an adventure/gatherer tho ...sloppy sloppy sloppy yet again

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Thank you @nitocris83 and the Neverwinter team.

Any gift is appreciated, more so when it is to acknowledge our input to help improve the game. The game isn't perfect, but I can see you guys are working hard to make it enjoyable for us. :3
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    what really a good gesture for players?

reduce the cost of commisions.
    reduce the cost of Astral diamonds.
    clean up Mareille Bugum's clutter, her daily list is a huge mess.
    at last, most important of all, REDUCE that RNG on per crafting stages! crafting isnt slot machine, Period!

my other alts cant use or start on workshop, since they are not rich on coins to spend for commissions. if i start on them they go broke fast. they only rake in few silvers and dozen copper coins a day and they cant spend 1 gold coin.

as other said, some of us said thank you, but most of them aren't happy since they gets badly expensive commission rate crafters and feel like they were thrown under the bus due to nasty RNG factor.