test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm not happy with Karmela

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
Ok, so...Karmela is the star of the crafting quest chain...it's all about her...how she is such a great crafter, but lousy manager.

So, at the end of the quest line, when I finally get to hire her, I discover that she is not so great after all....385/385....not 400/400.

Really ?
Hoping for improvements...

Comments

• guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    WTF
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    @adinosii
    Did you get to pick her profession? Is that the profession you chose at the beginning of the tutorial?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    From the hype, she should be Legendary and usable in any prof.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Cryptic dangles important reward requiring enormous effort and expense. Reward turns out to be basically worthless. How is that different from the previous 14 mods?
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Cryptic dangles important reward requiring enormous effort and expense. Reward turns out to be basically worthless. How is that different from the previous 14 mods?

+1
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

@adinosii
    Did you get to pick her profession? Is that the profession you chose at the beginning of the tutorial?

You get to pick it, yes - so before doing the last step of the quest, decide which profession you need her for. I picked artificing, for Masterwork crafting - hence my disappointment that she was not 400/400.
  • demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    With stats like that, I will not even have her in my workshop. They are better specical skill combo's on white lvl 70's.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • mark1971jmsmark1971jms Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    what options do you chose to have her come to work for you?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    You have to talk to Tess at the bank and follow a questline from there.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    adinosii said:

@adinosii

You get to pick it, yes - so before doing the last step of the quest, decide which profession you need her for. I picked artificing, for Masterwork crafting - hence my disappointment that she was not 400/400.
    Good to know, but still I don't see any profession I would like her.

If it was Dab Hands or Recycle, ok, even at 385, but with Passion and 385? Totally a "Dismiss on sight"
    I've dismissed her, and didin't even notice it is her from the quest line, on more than one char....
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

adinosii said:

@adinosii

If it was Dab Hands or Recycle, ok, even at 385, but with Passion and 385? Totally a "Dismiss on sight"
    I've dismissed her, and didin't even notice it is her from the quest line, on more than one char....
    a) She gets an additional artisan spot.
    b) You can not dismiss her.
  • yppo#1635 yppo Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    dnosrc said:

you forgot:

c) still worthless stats and will just be a benchwarmer forever.

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    dnosrc said:

micky1p00 said:

adinosii said:

@adinosii

I stand corrected then, I've remembered dismissing some bad Epic without even looking when I got to Workshop 4, so I've thought she was one of those.
    But if it wasn't, and I can't find her, and there are no quests to proceed? A bug ? Or I'm missing something?
    Retainer has nothing new, Tess has nothing, Lady Begum Nothing, and basic materials dealer nothing. Journal doesn't have Workshop quests.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    micky1p00 said:

But if it wasn't, and I can't find her, and there are no quests to proceed? A bug ? Or I'm missing something?
    Retainer has nothing new, Tess has nothing, Lady Begum Nothing, and basic materials dealer nothing. Journal doesn't have Workshop quests.

No idea - I just noticed that Tess (in front of bank) had something for me. I suspected that something was missing because I have been stuck with Lady Begum in my workshop after getting that to level 4, but I must admit I only noticed this quest a few days later.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I picked Alchemy but it doesn't matter since there is a white dude with 395 Proficiency in my stable already. Put off worrying about MW5 there until/unless they do something about the +1 SNAFU.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

dnosrc said:

micky1p00 said:

adinosii said:

@adinosii

I stand corrected then, I've remembered dismissing some bad Epic without even looking when I got to Workshop 4, so I've thought she was one of those.
    The quest doesn't offer sparkly lines to anywhere. In fact, until this thread, I didn't realize there was anything left to do after The Grand Upgrade. So you go talk to Tress, who sends you to talk to Ayrie and Dalish. Dalish is in Caer-Konig out on the docks fishing until the tuberculosis finally kills him. Ayrie is in the Moonstone Mask and has apparently turned into a drunken courtesan. After that, you go to the Driftwood Tavern to find that Karmela has simply turned into a drunk. At least you can opt to get drunk with her, which is a fun experience because of the effects. Then you go talk to her in front of your workshop, then you talk to her in your workshop and choose the profession you want her for.
  • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    Disappointing but not surprising, since the rest of the system is pretty much the same. Some great ideas marred by an execution obviously driven by a ham-handed attempt at profit-grabbing.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • roguedemonhunter#1500 roguedemonhunter Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    adinosii said:

Ok, so...Karmela is the star of the crafting quest chain...it's all about her...how she is such a great crafter, but lousy manager.

So, at the end of the quest line, when I finally get to hire her, I discover that she is not so great after all....385/385....not 400/400.

Really ?

Those look like ok stats and decent ability for an Adventurer; since I have yet to see a purple Adventurer that doesn't come with an inherent PLUS +% commission.

Though I may not have seen them all.

Can you choose Adventurer? If so I'd suggest that.

-----------

Karmella: Alright Adventurer. You've convinced me to come back and use my vast skills, training and proficiency as an artisan unparalleled, to help you with the old workshop.

Adventurer: (Hands behind back- smiles and nods)

Karmela: (Defeated sigh) What would you have me do?

Adventurer: (Hands her an oak bucket; the grin widens just enough to show teeth. A sparkle of mirth washes over the Adventurer's eyes)

Karmela: (Accepts bucket) I hate you.
    edited November 2018
    I don't recall seeing Gathering on the list of choices. Personally, if Karmela is this great artisan capable of teaching so much to so many, she should have 425 proficiency/focus, -50% commission, and +100% speed. In short, she should be able to produce things of better quality, at lower cost, in shorter time than anyone else. That alone would make the effort and expense of getting Workshop 4 worthwhile.
  • I don't recall seeing Gathering on the list of choices. Personally, if Karmela is this great artisan capable of teaching so much to so many, she should have 425 proficiency/focus, -50% commission, and +100% speed. In short, she should be able to produce things of better quality, at lower cost, in shorter time than anyone else. That alone would make the effort and expense of getting Workshop 4 worthwhile.

Awe, that's a shame cause those are "not lousy" gathering stats/ability combo. :)

Thanks for the heads up though. Almost at stage 4.

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

I don't recall seeing Gathering on the list of choices. Personally, if Karmela is this great artisan capable of teaching so much to so many, she should have 425 proficiency/focus, -50% commission, and +100% speed. In short, she should be able to produce things of better quality, at lower cost, in shorter time than anyone else. That alone would make the effort and expense of getting Workshop 4 worthwhile.

You left out "usable in any profession".
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

You left out "usable in any profession".
    No, I did not. I simply did not state it explicitly and, instead, relied upon the reader to infer "usable in any profession" based upon the phrase "list of choices". You're not a computer. I shouldn't have to spell everything out to the last detail for you.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Only god can be perfect that is why the monks of wherever it is that no one remembers built their works with imperfections.

But for real cryptic Hamster the victory much.