test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

umm.. Thanks for the daily, did someone forget basic math?

silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
Sooo.. I just did a super engaging content for your new Mod hearts of fire, you added this daily, which is nice, that we can max out , I guess. but I had to run it 8 times today.

I started thinking, if we get a total of 6 weeklies in the end and the cap will be 175, that leaves us short on 85 acorns a week, I know we will have the skirmish as well, but frankly if you dont want to do the skirmish, you would have to do 17 basemen runs! 17!!!!!

How annoying!

Come on guys, give us a bit of a break doing super repetitive material.

Change the weeklies to 20 at least that pushed the amount left to 55, which would be 11 runs, still a tad repetitive, but the # is way to far right now.

I do not think this is asking for anything that is too over the top. Even if the skirm at gold drops ten, you would have to do 5.5 skirms a week at gold to get the max.

But right now the total you get from weeklies and what you need to cap will be too much after you remove the double weekly bonus when you one up.

Thank you,

Comments

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    I agree, repeated basement runs are kind of tragically boring.

Especially with the level adjustment, the basement requires zero skill/attention for any lvl 70 character and as a result is less engaging than even leveling dungeons. I'm trying to run 4 alts but I often can't make weekly cap because I just get too depressed :(
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    At least it is only 3 minutes per run.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Give us a low, med, epic runs for 5/15/25 acorns. That allows low levels and high levels to shore up their weekly limit at their own level.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    They should make some adjustments somewhere.

Yes, the basement run is quick, but when you are doing it over and over and over and over it becomes boring, and bored players should not be an aim of the game.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Sooo.. I just did a super engaging content for your new Mod hearts of fire, you added this daily, which is nice, that we can max out , I guess. but I had to run it 8 times today.

I started thinking, if we get a total of 6 weeklies in the end and the cap will be 175, that leaves us short on 85 acorns a week, I know we will have the skirmish as well, but frankly if you dont want to do the skirmish, you would have to do 17 basemen runs! 17!!!!!

How annoying!

Come on guys, give us a bit of a break doing super repetitive material.

Change the weeklies to 20 at least that pushed the amount left to 55, which would be 11 runs, still a tad repetitive, but the # is way to far right now.

I do not think this is asking for anything that is too over the top. Even if the skirm at gold drops ten, you would have to do 5.5 skirms a week at gold to get the max.

But right now the total you get from weeklies and what you need to cap will be too much after you remove the double weekly bonus when you one up.

Thank you,

Yeah - I was sat calculating this out last night.

Put the weeklies up to 25 acorns for feck's sake devs!
  • yppo#1635 yppo Member Posts: 41 Arc User

Put the weeklies up to 25 acorns for feck's sake devs!

I can only support this.
    I'm allready calling that daily the "cellar of madness". Just for how mindnumbing and boring it is.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    It seems the entire daily/weekly thing was screwed up from the start, while like I said I appreciate them allowing us to max it finally, it seems like something was incorrectly inputted to start with.

It would be nice if they could just code a increase asap. I mean doesn't seem like it would take that much work and it would be appreciative fix.

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Instead they make it only able to be done once an hour. Makes sense, at least to them.
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Adding the 1 hour delay is ludicrous. I wish they'd just do something like, after doing all your available weekly quests you can then just do one special quest to fill out the rest of the week's acorns. Say... Beholder Convention, but this time you have to fight all the beholders. And they are at the level of the SH "Bickering Beholders" (party up).

Edit: Ah damn, no that won't work. Forgot this mod is designed for low levs. See what happens when you just throw an idea out that is untested?
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    It is not exactly one hour delay but you can get a new one at :00 of each hour.
    If you have handed in at (say) 8:55pm, you can get a new one at 9:00pm. 5 minutes wait in this example.
    If you finish the 2nd one at 9:03pm, you will need to wait for 57 minutes until 10pm to get the third one.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    they need to simply up the weeklies, this solves most of the issue, they are really low.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    WTH, why is there now a limit on quests to fill the weekly? Some people only get one, maybe two days of gaming a week and so they try and pack in as much as possible. You should be allowed to so as many quests as you want till your weekly is full on YOUR time table.

This whole thing is a bit of a cluster.
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    As OP said. It's already such a fun weekly grind, and now it only takes and additional "17" hours per character to reach the cap.

Seriously, who was the moron that came up with the one run per hour of the quest that allows you to complete the weekly grind? Oh, it was too much xp. Yeah, because leveling in this game is such a big issue. Not to mention the weird mess up on the first week and the odd state that a new player will always be 10 acorns short of the next task each week.

Make it give zero xp if you want, but raise the acorns on all the quests. A mere extra 5 on the weekly and hourly repeats and on the yellow ones should suffice.