test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter Charge Rewards issue

percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
edited November 2018 in News & Announcements
Greetings,

We were recently made aware of an issue in which multiple characters on the same account could claim the Lockbox Key Pack from the Promotion Agent. For the time being, we have disabled claiming the first tier of Charge Rewards. This will be re-enabled in a later update, likely in approximately two weeks.

Needless to say, claiming the rewards on multiple characters per account isn’t the intended behavior and those who have taken excessive advantage of this issue may see disciplinary action.

We appreciate the patience and understanding of those who have taken part in the Charge Rewards Promotion.
The rewards for tier 2-6 will remain claimable.

Thank you.
Percemer
EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
----------
Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service

Comments

• dreadduck#7497 dreadduck Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    What about those were are unable to claim any of the rewards in spite of their Zen purchase?
  • vassey1vassey1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I still cant claim any of the rewards after my Zen purchase.
  • gethundgethund Member Posts: 39 Arc User

What about those were are unable to claim any of the rewards in spite of their Zen purchase?

Indeed. I made a purchase, and have not abused the system. Do I now just not get my reward? Seems a tad unfair.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    @dreadduck#7497 @vassey1 @gethund We apologize for the inconvenience; there was another issue at the launch, the dev team fixed it, but the fix was not retroactive. They are working on another fix which will be retroactive. In the meantime, we invite you to contact the Customer Support (https://support.arcgames.com/)
    Percemer
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • mongoosemobstermongoosemobster Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I cannot get the 2500 reward because I charged 1000 zen before the fix yesterday, and then I charged 2000 zen today, but I still can't access the tier 2 reward as, because the retroactive fix hasn't occurred yet, the game reads that I've only charged 2000 zen instead of 3000.

That means that in order to get Tier 2, I need to charge another 1000zen (since no 500zn option), thus charging 3000 zen total in one day + 1000 zen from yesterday , instead of charging 3000 zen total today and yesterday.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: The Black Friday Currency Sale AND the 40% Zen Market sale ends 11/27.

That's less than ONE Week.

You are telling us that this will be

fixed in TWO Weeks.

Thus, the

Black Friday Currency sale AND the 40% Zen Market Sale will be OVER

before your retroactive fix is updated.

I'm now I'm not even sure WHEN to charge Zen. Should I get the sale and hope that the upcoming fix doesn't have issues? Or buy after the fix just in case, yet lose out on (A) the currency sale and (B) the 40% zen market sale?

Just to point out: This weekend is when all gaming retailers (such as Steam) has their Black Friday sale. In addition, those said discounted games also have Black Friday sales within their game. I am not pointing fingers or saying I have done so or not, but I and everyone have many many many options to spend their real life money on.

One must remember the following phrase:
    Steam Sales
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Hello @mongoosemobster, please also contact the Customer Support (by using this link: https://support.arcgames.com/), thank you
    Percemer
    ----------
    edited November 2018
    percemer said:

Hello @mongoosemobster, please also contact the Customer Support (by using this link: https://support.arcgames.com/), thank you

I did so yesterday afternoon, submitted a ticket, and also live chatted with a support person, who said he would also submit a ticket for me.

I'm okay with waiting and being patient for the holiday weekend, but I am also subconsciously antsy because I have no idea if I'll even receive a fix (without technical issues) by 11/27.

Edit: Suggestion: Allow both sales to run until the retroactive fix is successful.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

percemer said:

I did so yesterday afternoon, submitted a ticket, and also live chatted with a support person, who said he would also submit a ticket for me.

I'm okay with waiting and being patient for the holiday weekend, but I am also subconsciously antsy because I have no idea if I'll even receive a fix (without technical issues) by 11/27.

Edit: Suggestion: Allow both sales to run until the retroactive fix is successful.
    The Charge Reward Promo is a separate event from the sale, and lasts January 10th. Nothing is preventing you from buying things during the sale. There is no reason to extend the sale due to this bug.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • catsie414catsie414 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    I just purchased zen tonight, well after the "fix". There is nothing new in the reward claims agent for me to claim. It appears the fix was not successful for everyone. I've already submitted a ticket.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    catsie414 said:

I just purchased zen tonight, well after the "fix". There is nothing new in the reward claims agent for me to claim. It appears the fix was not successful for everyone. I've already submitted a ticket.

The rewards were never at the Rewards Claim Vendor. They are at the Promotional Vendor, over by Sgt. Knox. Go check there.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • fuglymookfuglymook Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    I went to Promotional vendor and Claims Agent and nothing. I charged the full amount and received my zen. I submitted a ticket but expect the typical response of course since it is a long Holiday and the Staff are enjoying the Holidays at home with their families so we get no satisfaction till they get back. People are leaving in droves and yet year after year the same mistakes are being made.
  • raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    No rewards have been available since Wednesday after 10:30 window. Submitted ticket. Purchased $200 of Zen and no rewards.
    All are red.
  • elroy#6194 elroy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    No rewards after purchasing 200 dollars of zen, not well done at all. needs to be fixed.
  • gigalens#6466 gigalens Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    The rewards are here, near the Sergeant Knox:

@precemer I cannot claim all the rewards i should be able to claim. I can only claim the second reward while i've charged over 10000 zen WITHIN the charge event time. I have tried support, but my ticket does not get a response and live CS could not do anything. Is there any help to get at all??

Lars

The event lasts into January. They have plenty of time to respond to your ticket.
    kuI2v8l.png

Yes. The issue isn't knowing who to ask for reward. All Rewards are Red after $200 Zen purchase on Wednesday during window. Tickets don't help, no response and in game tickets appear to be a joke!
  • gigalens#6466 gigalens Member Posts: 113 Arc User

Yes. The issue isn't knowing who to ask for reward.
    Sorry!

• gethundgethund Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Having talked with Support, as suggested by the lad up there ^^^, they tell me it's solved, and all my rewards are available. They are not available. This is not impressive.
  • rabidredneck02rabidredneck02 Member Posts: 14 Arc User

Yes. The issue isn't knowing who to ask for reward. All Rewards are Red after $200 Zen purchase on Wednesday during window. Tickets don't help, no response and in game tickets appear to be a joke!
    For me, those rewards are all showing up RED and the claim rewards tab is BLANK. This has been the case for me since I made my purchases wednesday.
  • andy#7236 andy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    > @rabidredneck02 said:
    > The rewards are here, near the Sergeant Knox:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes. The issue isn't knowing who to ask for reward. All Rewards are Red after $200 Zen purchase on Wednesday during window. Tickets don't help, no response and in game tickets appear to be a joke!
    >
    > For me, those rewards are all showing up RED and the claim rewards tab is BLANK. This has been the case for me since I made my purchases wednesday.

Mine is the same all rewards are RED
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    There are 2 pages at the promotional claim agent. The 1st shows the rewards in red, the 2nd page is where you claim them. Try changing the page...

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

percemer said:

The rewards for tier 2-6 will remain claimable.

Thank you.

Actually, because it's not counting the 1000 Zen before the fix, the rewards tier rewards are all 1000 Zen behind. For example, I charged 1000 Zen before fix and then charged 2000 Zen after fix, a total of 3000 Zen. However, I could not retrieve the Tier 2 Reward. I charged another 1000 Zen (post fix) and the Tier 2 Reward finally appeared. In other words, it's not compensating for any pre-charged

So, HOPEFULLY, when we get our X-amount-of-retroactive-Zen, the promo will still be around and also that the script will append to your personal "total Zen recharge." Otherwise I'm essentially paying 1000 Zen more for everything.

It took me charging 4000 Zen for the Tier 2 reward compared to it costing 2500 Zen (since I can't charge in 500s). Because 4000 Zen - the to-be-fixed 1000 Zen = 3000 Zen.
  • nahtasha#5834 nahtasha Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2018

For me, those rewards are all showing up RED and the claim rewards tab is BLANK. This has been the case for me since I made my purchases wednesday.

This is my issue as well, a little frustrating that support just assumed I went to the wrong reward agent when I specified where I went and that I charged zen before the fix.

This is my issue as well, a little frustrating that support just assumed I went to the wrong reward agent when I specified where I went and that I charged zen before the fix.
    Support gave me the same answer basically. I don't believe they understand that there are two issues.

1)Reward 1 loot issue and hence removed.
    2)Early Charge issue on 11/21, that has not been fixed preventing All Event Charge Rewards from being claimed.
    All are Red! I bought my $200 worth of Zen 11/21 12:17 PM. Hence I didn't buy anymore after these issues!
  • sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    All I can say is.... GOOD! Ban people if they are once again stealing money from the game on purpose! It's ridiculous. If you see a glitch like that, plain and simple, report it, don't do it! *sigh* I do hope however those who didn't break the rules and are still awaiting the ability to claim those rewards will be given the chance to claim. At least this glitch was found relatively quickly... it is unfortunate however that better testing isn't taking place so these glitches don't happen in the first place.
    All set now. Rewards available in Claim tab...
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

I got everything except my keys. First tab is all red and locked. Second tab is blank.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

I got everything except my keys. First tab is all red and locked. Second tab is blank.
    Same for me. And support mentioned that I received them already. Definitely not. I was locked out of all rewards since 11/21 12:17PM and as of 11/28 got the Rewards 2 thru 6.

I knew Reward1 was going to be a problem...