test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PSA: Do not Q for "Expert" random dungeons until you have experienced those dungeons... please.

dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/expert

expert : adjective
ex·​pert | \ˈek-ˌspərt, ik-ˈspərt
1. experienced
2. having, involving, or displaying special skill or knowledge derived from training or experience

With the new Mod there are numerous content experiences (some WAI, many others bugged) for new players to explore.
Random Expert Queue is NOT one of them.

Please, please, do not Q for Expert dungeons until you have experienced them/been taught them with your guild/you tube videos/ forum guides.

Yes, it is a good source of rAD.
Yes, you CAN get in with only 13k IL.
No, no one can stop you from doing so.

But no, no, no... you will NOT complete it if you do not know the mechanics of ToNG, Cradle and CR.

And all you will do is waste the time and frustrate your fellow players who actually know the dungeons and earned the right to be there.

Solution:
Read the guide. Watch a YouTube video.
There are many guides. It only take 5-10 min to read/watch them.
Then tell your guild leaders to walk you through the endgame dungeon in private premade Q.
[That is a guild leader's job. If they refuse, reconsider your guild choice.]

Just once run the endgame dungeons with guildies/friends before forcing random strangers to teach it to you. That's all it takes.

Then you will be raking in that sweet sweet REQ 15-23k raw AD in no time.

If not, you just Q into a broken, prolonged frustrating waste of time and anger your teammates.
Kisses.
Cheers.

Took
JrUzbQw.jpg?1
I am Took.
"Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    ToNG is the new eToS and is very carry-able. So expect new/low-geared players to keep using REQ. Wasting time in CoDG and CR is just part of the deal.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    BREAKING NEWS : *** Broken System, Still Broken ***
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User

*Sigh*

As always, i will reply :
    Random Queues are randoms. As soon as you meet the requiered IL, you can launch, it doesn't matter if you are a first timer or not, if you did your "homework" or not.

As a seasonned expert player, if you don't want to bother carrying "newbies" who try to get something from the REQ/RAQ, if you don't want to take time to explain / hard try with a bad/poor party, don't launch REQ when you are not in a party full friends/guildmates.
    If you can't find enough guildmates for that,

reconsider your guild choice

What you are describing is appropriate for regular random Q CR, tong and codg, not REQ.

My friends and I donate our time to train new players in regular Q all the time, @ragnarz2.
    We are regulars in Curunir's perpetual CODG training runs.
    We run dozens of new players through ToNG and CR,,, in regular Q.
    That is what regular Q is for: open play for anyone, experienced or not.

All that to say, I would put my training/time donation record against anyone elses without shame.
    But when I want to just run a quick expert Q, get the rad and move on, I shouldn't have to train.

Expert Q is for experienced players, not training.
    The clear expectation is that everyone Qing has experience or understanding of the dungeon.

JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.

ToNG is the new eToS and is very carry-able. So expect new/low-geared players to keep using REQ. Wasting time in CoDG and CR is just part of the deal.

@namelesshero347 , you are right about one thing: tong IS the new etos.
    It IS "very carry-able" ... if you can get around the Orcus curse bug... @nitocris83 , fix please :).

But, @namelesshero347 , you have fallen into the same trap as our respected colleague @ragnarz2 : you are describing the role of "regular" random Q ToNG.
    random Q ToNG is, indeed, the "new etos". New players can and should Q for it. I am there occasionally and will gladly, in your words , "carry" new players through it.

But this thread is about EXPERT Q.

EXPERT. It's right there in the name, @namelesshero347 .

Expert Q is not for new curious players.

It belongs to those of us who "paid our dues", know the mechanics and just want a quick end-game dungeon run for quick rAD.

Don't conflate random Q with rEQ. Not the same thing.

Glad to play with you anytime, @namelesshero347 .
    Glad to teach new players anytime... on random regular Q, in guild or on a LFG premade.

But please, reserve expert Q for experienced players who want to let their feet-hair down (hobbit joke) and relax for an endgame dungeon.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    edited November 2018

it is a PUBLIC que. thats the whole point of it. you don't want inexperienced people, then don't use it.

Not everyone has/wants access to a guild either. I see alot of guildless people in the game and i respect their choices. Some people just prefer to keep to themselves and there is nothing wrong with that.

People need to learn somehow and the best way is experiencing first hand. They will catch on eventually. just be patient with them. You may even gain a new ally in the process. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar after all.

@auron#6793 , i agree with you entirely... regarding REGULAR random Q.
    You are conflating random Q with rEXPERT Q. Not the same thing.

@auron#6793 , this thread is about EXPERT Q which is intended for players with experience in the dungeons in question.

BTW, I am (famously/infamously) NOT in a guild... yet I have become fully 16k+ geared on 4 toons, have a full friend list and am experienced in all endgame dungeons... so...
    Maybe being guildless is not an excuse for running rEQ instead or regular random Q?

Edit: name dropped the wrong Auron.
    Fool of a Took.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • brandemisbrandemis Member Posts: 35 Arc User

1. experienced
    2. having, involving, or displaying special skill or knowledge derived from training or experience

With the new Mod there are numerous content experiences (some WAI, many others bugged) for new players to explore.

Please, please, do not Q for Expert dungeons until you have experienced them/been taught them with your guild/you tube videos/ forum guides.

But no, no, no... you will NOT complete it if you do not know the mechanics of ToNG, Cradle and CR.

And all you will do is waste the time and frustrate your fellow players who actually know the dungeons and earned the right to be there.

Solution:
    Then tell your guild leaders to walk you through the endgame dungeon in private premade Q.

Just once run the endgame dungeons with guildies/friends before forcing random strangers to teach it to you. That's all it takes.

If not, you just Q into a broken, prolonged frustrating waste of time and anger your teammates.
    Kisses.
    Cheers.

Took

"earned the right to be there" ... its RANDOM Queue, EVERYBODY Have the right to be there for play....
    > @brandemis said:
    > https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/expert
    >
    > expert : adjective
    > ex·​pert | \ˈek-ˌspərt, ik-ˈspərt
    > 1. experienced
    > 2. having, involving, or displaying special skill or knowledge derived from training or experience
    >
    > With the new Mod there are numerous content experiences (some WAI, many others bugged) for new players to explore.
    > Random Expert Queue is NOT one of them.
    >
    > Please, please, do not Q for Expert dungeons until you have experienced them/been taught them with your guild/you tube videos/ forum guides.
    >
    > Yes, it is a good source of rAD.
    > Yes, you CAN get in with only 13k IL.
    > No, no one can stop you from doing so.
    >
    > But no, no, no... you will NOT complete it if you do not know the mechanics of ToNG, Cradle and CR.
    >
    > And all you will do is waste the time and frustrate your fellow players who actually know the dungeons and earned the right to be there.
    >
    > Solution:
    > Read the guide. Watch a YouTube video.
    > There are many guides. It only take 5-10 min to read/watch them.
    > Then tell your guild leaders to walk you through the endgame dungeon in private premade Q.
    > [That is a guild leader's job. If they refuse, reconsider your guild choice.]
    >
    > Just once run the endgame dungeons with guildies/friends before forcing random strangers to teach it to you. That's all it takes.
    >
    > Then you will be raking in that sweet sweet REQ 15-23k raw AD in no time.
    >
    > If not, you just Q into a broken, prolonged frustrating waste of time and anger your teammates.
    > Kisses.
    > Cheers.
    >
    > Took
    >
    > "earned the right to be there" ... its RANDOM Queue, EVERYBODY Have the right to be there for play....

Again...
    You are describing the random Q for ToNG, CR, FBI and CoDG.

Do not conflate random Q with Expert Q (the topic of this thread).

Not the same thing.
    Everyone should random Q, experienced or not.

NOT everyone should expert Q.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • brandemisbrandemis Member Posts: 35 Arc User

> @brandemis said:

> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/expert

>

> expert : adjective

> ex·​pert | \ˈek-ˌspərt, ik-ˈspərt

> 1. experienced

> 2. having, involving, or displaying special skill or knowledge derived from training or experience

>

> With the new Mod there are numerous content experiences (some WAI, many others bugged) for new players to explore.

> Random Expert Queue is NOT one of them.

>

> Please, please, do not Q for Expert dungeons until you have experienced them/been taught them with your guild/you tube videos/ forum guides.

>

> Yes, it is a good source of rAD.

> Yes, you CAN get in with only 13k IL.

> No, no one can stop you from doing so.

>

> But no, no, no... you will NOT complete it if you do not know the mechanics of ToNG, Cradle and CR.

>

> And all you will do is waste the time and frustrate your fellow players who actually know the dungeons and earned the right to be there.

>

> Solution:

> Read the guide. Watch a YouTube video.

> There are many guides. It only take 5-10 min to read/watch them.

> Then tell your guild leaders to walk you through the endgame dungeon in private premade Q.

> [That is a guild leader's job. If they refuse, reconsider your guild choice.]

>

> Just once run the endgame dungeons with guildies/friends before forcing random strangers to teach it to you. That's all it takes.

>

> Then you will be raking in that sweet sweet REQ 15-23k raw AD in no time.

>

> If not, you just Q into a broken, prolonged frustrating waste of time and anger your teammates.

> Kisses.

> Cheers.

>

> Took

>

> "earned the right to be there" ... its RANDOM Queue, EVERYBODY Have the right to be there for play....

Again...

Not the same thing.

OH!! so sorry mr. Expert , BUT .. still a Queue like the other , Queue, you know what that means... playable for ... EVERYBODY!!!

So ... find a good Guild, find a "Expert Group and play go on, and let us keep playing Queues as we like it ... (drop the micro)
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    edited November 2018

Not the same thing.

Except there is no random queue for To9G, CR, FBI and CoDG. There is REQ (which can put you in To9G/CR/CoDG) and there is RAQ (which might put you in FBI).

If the game allows them to queue for something then they have the right to try.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

If you are the one running advanced or expert queues without a premade group then you are just as much as scrub as they are.

Unfortunate that you call new or inexperienced players "scrubs", @spunkmeier .
    Very rude. I never call new players that.

Myself, I usually Q reQ with 1-3 friends. We don't always have a full 5, but the goal is a quick rEQ with experienced payers.
    This is a very common practice and does not suggest "scrub" status, as you call it, or any other ad hominem.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    greywynd said:

Except there is no random queue for To9G, CR, FBI and CoDG. There is REQ (which can put you in To9G/CR/CoDG) and there is RAQ (which might put you in FBI).

If the game allows them to queue for something then they have the right to try.

Hi @greywynd .
    Yes, actually, there IS regular random for all dungeons.

Press "k", select "Epic Dungeons" and choose CR, ToNG, FBI or mSP.
    These are the base/standard/random dungeons.
    Everyone, experienced or not should use these ar their primary means to run dungeons.

You can run CoDG by pressing "K", selecting "Epic Trials" and choosing CoDG.

As for "rights", well my OP was clear on that point, no? Everyone has the "right" to Q for everything.
    I have the "right" to cover myself in whipped cream, and knock on Dame Judy Dench's door and ask her to spank me. That doesn't mean I should. (#toomuchinformation).

This was a request (see "please" in title) not a mandate.

Fun fact: about to run a training CR for friends of friends in premade.
    Suprised? el33tist arseholes like me love helping new people... just not in rEQ.

JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • funkfest#7405 funkfest Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Your PSA is falling on deaf ears.
    Majority of the players your are complaining about more than likely don't even visit the forums here.

Using all the abbreviations doesn't help your case much, most of them mean nothing to me, seeing as I am pretty new.

Your time would be better spent providing ideas on how to better expose the whole queue system to new players. As it is, it is mentioned to do some queue in game and that's all the explanation a new players gets. While providing access to every aspect of the queue system right from the get go, as far as I can tell I am new.

New Players don't know any better, until they get that first hand experience. Oh HAMSTER I shouldn't have selected that queue.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

1. experienced

Solution:

Kisses.
    Cheers.

Took

TL:DR - Don't run these dungeons until AFTER you have run these dungeons!!!
    edited November 2018

Your PSA is falling on deaf ears.
    Majority of the players your are complaining about more than likely don't even visit the forums here.

Using all the abbreviations doesn't help your case much, most of them mean nothing to me, seeing as I am pretty new.

Your time would be better spent providing ideas on how to better expose the whole queue system to new players. As it is, it is mentioned to do some queue in game and that's all the explanation a new players gets. While providing access to every aspect of the queue system right from the get go, as far as I can tell I am new.

New Players don't know any better, until they get that first hand experience. Oh HAMSTER I shouldn't have selected that queue.

Okay, @funkfest#7405 this is the only argument I've heard that shut me down.
    Strong point.
    New players are not reading this, are they?

Fair enough. Well, nvm. Thank you for letting me vent.
    Back to helping my friends of friends in premade Q learn to run CR, ToNG and CoDG.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • funkfest#7405 funkfest Member Posts: 14 Arc User

Okay, @funkfest#7405 this is the only argument I've heard that shut me down.
    Strong point.
    New players are not reading this, are they?

Fair enough. Well, nvm. Thank you for letting me vent.
    Back to helping my friends of friends in premade Q learn to run CR, ToNG and CoDG.

Maybe something can come of it if a Dev happens to see this thread. I am unsure how often it gets read. I'm new lol.

I wouldn't know what to suggest as I have been only grinding 2 chars out to level 40 and attempting to build my professions. So my experience with the queue system is mostly just the RQ - (Random Queue) for the AD - (Astral Diamonds). ;)

I can understand the needing to vent. Sometimes being able to actually makes it easier to deal with.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

Hi @greywynd .
    Yes, actually, there IS regular random for all dungeons.

Press "k", select "Epic Dungeons" and choose CR, ToNG, FBI or mSP.
    These are the base/standard/random dungeons.
    Everyone, experienced or not should use these ar their primary means to run dungeons.

You can run CoDG by pressing "K", selecting "Epic Trials" and choosing CoDG.

random
    [ran-duhm]
    See more synonyms for random on Thesaurus.com
    adjective

proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection of numbers.

So, by the definition of "random", your idea to direct queue for any given dungeon/skirmish isn't random.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I disagree with everyone.

A "Random Dungeon" would be great in this game but they don't exist. A dungeon generated at random with random rooms and random monster would be epic. No one would just run from point A to point B, because they wouldn't know the layout. The closest thing to a random dungeon is the Foundry.

Unfortunately there are Random Queues for running the dungeons for AD. The title sounded elitist, but I understand the intent. Dread4moor was advising players that the Item Level is in no way a gauge to use for the ability of a player or how well the character has been geared. However, you can warn people to not to enter the dark bear cave, but that won't stop them. There are some that want to see, if there really is a nasty bear within.

The game system allows people to pick up others at random within the level. The system is not perfect, but as others have pointed out, you do any RQ at your own risk. If I am with a few friends, and they RQ, we attempt to assist the under developed or educate them on what to do. Sometimes this fails because they will ignore our advice or they don't speak English. We don't blame them because we chose to RQ.

Most of the time I hook up with 2 friends to do a dungeon, and we will opt for Private Que as we are not doing it for AD. We don't run dungeons. we play them. Many players are just wanting a quick AD fix in RQ, so we steer clear of them. Most of the time we don't play dungeons often because it is boring to run the same content day after day. More often we seek out a good Foundry dungeon instead.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Why is this even such a problem for OP? If their friend list is as full as they claim they should have no problem gathering a full team for a random expert queue. There, their problem solved and the rest of us can do as we please.

I disagree with everyone.

A "Random Dungeon" would be great in this game but they don't exist. A dungeon generated at random with random rooms and random monster would be epic. No one would just run from point A to point B, because they wouldn't know the layout. The closest thing to a random dungeon is the Foundry.

This I would absolutely love.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • helric9helric9 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    The restriction of the REQ at 13k seems to me underestimated. Putting it at 15k could solve one part of the problem.
    Even though we would like to take the time to explain strats to new players without experience, no one finishes codg or cr only with 13K players.
    The REQ iLvl requirements should match the requirements of the hardest dungeon in the group. CR is 13K and ToNG/CoDG are 12K, so making REQ 15K would seem odd. 15K is pretty hard to get just by grinding, but not so hard for wallet warriors. A 15K REQ would lock out many good players who don't pay. I've seen plenty of 15Ks, even a few 16Ks, get carried in ToNG.

A group with average of 15K has a decent chance of success in CR if every one knew what they were doing. Making CR 15K minimum would drastically reduce the number of CR runs.

I think the main source of the OPs rant is CR. The last quest in the barovia campaign is do CR. So many new players try to do it not knowing how hard it is. And many of them keep trying until they get sick of waiting at the first campfire. CoDG is old content. The only players who direct queue for it are ones who can't get into pre-made groups and are trying to get lucky with a PUG group to make their weekly ampole. But they end up pulling many min iLvl people waiting in REQ hoping to get carried in ToNG.

The REQ iLvl requirements should match the requirements of the hardest dungeon in the group. CR is 13K and ToNG/CoDG are 12K, so making REQ 15K would seem odd. 15K is pretty hard to get just by grinding, but not so hard for wallet warriors. A 15K REQ would lock out many good players who don't pay. I've seen plenty of 15Ks, even a few 16Ks, get carried in ToNG.

A group with average of 15K has a decent chance of success in CR if every one knew what they were doing. Making CR 15K minimum would drastically reduce the number of CR runs.

I think the main source of the OPs rant is CR. The last quest in the barovia campaign is do CR. So many new players try to do it not knowing how hard it is. And many of them keep trying until they get sick of waiting at the first campfire. CoDG is old content. The only players who direct queue for it are ones who can't get into pre-made groups and are trying to get lucky with a PUG group to make their weekly ampole. But they end up pulling many min iLvl people waiting in REQ hoping to get carried in ToNG.

They tried that. What happened? Everyone cried that they couldn't get into 3 dungeons because they had not unlocked the 4th...
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User

it is a PUBLIC que. thats the whole point of it. you don't want inexperienced people, then don't use it.

Not everyone has/wants access to a guild either. I see alot of guildless people in the game and i respect their choices. Some people just prefer to keep to themselves and there is nothing wrong with that.

People need to learn somehow and the best way is experiencing first hand. They will catch on eventually. just be patient with them. You may even gain a new ally in the process. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar after all.

The devs have made it possible for inexperienced and undergeared players to use the REQ and RAQ. That does not mean it's a good idea for them to do so. It does not mean that they shouldn't be kicked when they can't contribute.

There's no law against flatulence in an elevator either. You have the perfect right to break wind there. It's still rude and always unwelcome.
    Tonight I got CoDG for my REQ. It was a successful run. The best part was I didn't have to do anything. I was sent as reinforcement and the run had already started. I spent the entire time watching the run on the baby cam lol. All is well with REQ.

They tried that. What happened? Everyone cried that they couldn't get into 3 dungeons because they had not unlocked the 4th...

Mod 13 Epic Queue was the best. The unlock all requirement meant high barrier to entry. All the random epic runs were facerolls because the typical group was 4 very good "expert" players, and one lowbie who queued up for the dungeon.

Now we have the RAQ disaster because the only barrier to entry is 11K.

The devs have made it possible for inexperienced and undergeared players to use the REQ and RAQ. That does not mean it's a good idea for them to do so. It does not mean that they shouldn't be kicked when they can't contribute.

There's no law against flatulence in an elevator either. You have the perfect right to break wind there. It's still rude and always unwelcome.
    Respect the chili! Respect it!