test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I want salvage back!! Even at 10% of what it was!!

tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 188 Arc User
I'm a follower of zone chat when I'm in zones and doing stuff. I've noticed the hunts, big heroic events, and even dungeons have dropped in calls for players. Barovia has seen a huge hit to its hunts from the loss. Chult has too, much harder to find fane runs, and no one is doing the weekly patrols anymore. The reason is a plain as day, its because there is no salvage anymore.

Why not just bring it back but at 15% or maybe 10% of what it was. I will take 600 AD over 300 RP any day!!! Getting RP through dragon's hoard was why you still did the Tyranny of Dragons campaign...now you don't need that really those any more.

Getting rid of salvage hasn't reduced prices on the auction yet? If that was Cryptic's goal it failed. I've killed 25 rotten sunbears and not gotten 1 paw, then I try for armor from Polaris hunt and get blue ring. Wow that makes farming seem worse than before....because now its only RP for the stupid blue ring.
In Chult & Barovia your doing hunts to get specific equipment. The AD you got from the salvage of lower stuff made it worth it. But now there is no point for others, and higher star hunts need a team, and they are designed for a team.

Cryptic needs to think carefully on this. They did this stuff in Champions and its dead, because someone refused to go back to something that works well. Neverwinter will be dead soon too if this continues. Look closely Blizzard is turning Diablo-3 into a phone app game because they lost all their players changing the game to a way they thought was better...but never worked out with each time they tried to fix it. Is that the future that neverwinter, champions, and star trek will become app games for phones??? Every gaming company that changed things that weren't broken and then broke them ended in failure. Neverwinter Nights 2, Diablo-3, numerous console games, etc.

Remember happy players spend real money!!!!

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited November 2018

Getting rid of salvage hasn't reduced prices on the auction yet? If that was Cryptic's goal it failed.

Uh...why on earth do you think that would have been one of the goals? The primary goal was presumably just to reduce the amount of rAD in circulation which was a partial success.

I've killed 25 rotten sunbears and not gotten 1 paw, then I try for armor from Polaris hunt and get blue ring. Wow that makes farming seem worse than before....because now its only RP for the stupid blue ring.

Well, yes, the drop rate for the tier-1 trophies (like the paw) is as pathetic as ever, but at least you have a 100% drop rate for the higher tiers, which makes it pretty easy to get to the point where you can do a Tyrant hunt. Also, the drop rate for the +5 rings has indeed been increased dramatically, which is good.

Regarding the blue,/purple gear, depending on various things, you may actually be better off donating them to the guild coffer for GMs, use the GMs to buy things like Alkali from the temp vendors and sell that on the AH for a nice chunk of AD.

In Chult & Barovia your doing hunts to get specific equipment. The AD you got from the salvage of lower stuff made it worth it.

Indeed. This was raised as an issue on Preview, largely ignored.

However, I'm not really complaining....I am making pretty much the same amount of rAD (and a lot more AD) as I did before, doing just the content I enjoy.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    orcus wand dropped in price, im getting at least 1 each week on my account god bless rngesus, you need to spend rerol reward token on specific dungeons for good rewards worth the ad, make campaign keys for second chest, once completion of new campaign, make 2nd chest key for etos/ecc/egwd they got us all going back to old campaign areas for us to make keys, and increase each player income, always buy stuf from ah to keep the ad on the playerbase and not on npcs(wich removes ad from the economy), basicly kee the "blood flowing".
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Anecdotally I logged into Barovia at peak UK/European time, around 8pm our time, and there were less than 100 players on PC at that time in Barovia.

That shocked me. The people counting the beans need to be aware of this :)

However, there were something like 1400 players on PC in Protectors Enclave - presumably crafting away, or chatting about Flat Earth theory.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Anecdotally I logged into Barovia at peak UK/European time, around 8pm our time, and there were less than 100 players on PC at that time in Barovia.
    However, there were something like 1400 players on PC in Protectors Enclave - presumably crafting away, or chatting about Flat Earth theory.

I noticed peaks times for Barovia and Chult are way down now due to the change. The uptick in people in the enclave I think is mostly due to dungeon runs and zone chat there being easier to find and make groups

I too wouldn't mind some of the Chult, or Barovia gear to be used in commissions. I still think keeping a salvage for those areas at 10% would still make them viable for long term in the game for those campaigns.

Being honest I hated salvaging perfectly good iL 540 stuff myself. It seemed like such a waste...

But selling it for gold or using it for RP seems so much worse...
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited November 2018

I noticed peaks times for Barovia and Chult are way down now due to the change. The uptick in people in the enclave I think is mostly due to dungeon runs and zone chat there being easier to find and make groups

I too wouldn't mind some of the Chult, or Barovia gear to be used in commissions. I still think keeping a salvage for those areas at 10% would still make them viable for long term in the game for those campaigns.

Being honest I hated salvaging perfectly good iL 540 stuff myself. It seemed like such a waste...

But selling it for gold or using it for RP seems so much worse...
    Prior to M15 I used this pack to get some AD.

Just checked it; this gear cannot be sold for gold and it gives only 300RP (also many of us cannot donate it to the guild coffer [it's full already]).
    Pack costs 250 Baro coins and it's still called "Salvaged".

it's w/c IMO and needs to be updated.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪