test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The problem with Pants

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
Some players use professions to make pants...and in some cases many, many pairs of pants.

Now, this is good news for non-crafters - the price of the pants is quite low - maybe 18K or so, so everyone can easily afford the best pants available (not so great for the crafters, because the profit margins are very slim, but well....)

The best pants for most builds are Shimmerweave Pants +1 (for SW and CW), Adamantine Pants +1 (for OP, GWF, GF and DC) or Drakeskin Pants +1 (for HR and TR).

All those pants are IL 510, but they have one annoying problem - they are all "blue" quality.

Now, this strikes me as wrong for two reasons. First the pants have a higher IL and better stats than "purple" IL 500 pants like the Lower Primal Paints or the Chultan Merchant pants.

Second, crafters used to be able to make "purple" pants - for example the "Prelate's Gemmed Exquisite Elemental Chausses" (or something like that), and making the best pants only "blue" quality just feels wrong - they used to be purple for a reason.

There is also the issue that many people like to use the best gear available, and having to use one "rare" piece where everything else is epic, legendary or mythic is just...well, annoying.

So, the IL 510 gear should really be "Epic" quality.
Hoping for improvements...

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Blue is the new purple?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Upper Primal Paints are still BIS for any build that uses damaging dailies. +3% damage from daily powers
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Some players use professions to make pants...and in some cases many, many pairs of pants.

Now, this is good news for non-crafters - the price of the pants is quite low - maybe 18K or so, so everyone can easily afford the best pants available (not so great for the crafters, because the profit margins are very slim, but well....)

There will be fewer people making pants because they are currently locked out professions and there has been no word on when the bugs will be fixed to allow them access to crafting once again. However, with the upheaval in the pants market, it is doubtful that they will return since profit is all but gone now. Sadly, another apparent casualty of the revised professions system.

It was a great time when they worked hard to provide this valuable service to Neverwinter citizens and craft many, many pairs of pants.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Lord Neverember will consult the Red Dye guild to see if they can advanced some materials to combine with the surplus from the Blue Dye guild for the prompt promotion of purple pants.

(I'll add it as a suggestion/feedback ^.^)
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User

Lord Neverember will consult the Red Dye guild to see if they can advanced some materials to combine with the surplus from the Blue Dye guild for the prompt promotion of purple pants.

That means this is not going to happen because Red and Blue cannot cooperate. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Upper Primal Paints are still BIS for any build that uses damaging dailies. +3% damage from daily powers

Oh, yes, very much so...but I was talking about the problem with pants...not shirts. ;)

Hoping for improvements...
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Ahhhh! Alliteration alert! Alarums and anarchy abounds!