test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there any professions that can craft stronghold resources now?

earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
I am sure there was a couple, I can't seem to find them .
:3

a box used to give surplus eq
a box used to give metal
and another box gave gems for the coffer
Guild Leader Den of the Misfits

Best Answer

Answers

• mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    > @earlgreybeard said:
    > a box used to give metal

It would be nice if Gathering would give us something for Food, Lumber, Metal, and Stone.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Surplus Equipment should be plenty without crafting. All the Epic equipment that you could salvage before do not have much use anymore besides being RP or dump into coffer. The Surplus Equipment coffer of all guild in our alliance were filled up within the first week of mod 15 because those are indeed 'surplus equipment'.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

Surplus Equipment should be plenty without crafting. All the Epic equipment that you could salvage before do not have much use anymore besides being RP or dump into coffer. The Surplus Equipment coffer of all guild in our alliance were filled up within the first week of mod 15 because those are indeed 'surplus equipment'.

Sounds like the devs should drastically increase the size of the Surplus Equipment coffer and the Build requirements for Surplus Equipment (except for Temporary [1 week] vendors which are too expensive).
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User

just love how what used to be 4k AD is now a paltry 150 rp

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    it is weird they chose to have such a low value of RP for equipment, its annoying.

It really effects hunts, not that I care that much, but people used to join hunts , knowing if nothing else they could earn some decent salvage, now there literally is zero reason to do hunts, outside of the people looking for specific drop items. You can see the poor poeple who cant solo hunts, literally begging around the clock for any sort of party to help them, then if people do join, its poeple who need the items anyways, and its a 1/5 chance to get it. Not a great chance on a already paltry like 15% drop rate. I am sure very vexing for some players. I was lucky and got heels from sister (the hardest one to solo I think) with the help of a couple of people who was just there to help.

I came late to the party, as having taking a year off, I didnt get a egregious amount of salvage material from hunts, dont really need them per se to get AD , but those who benefited from it, sure the heck got alot of AD from it, there are some who do not need to even play for the next 3-6 months, just based on the tremendous amount of AD generated from salvage that they dropped like super candy (do bavoria, trade for salvage gear, do hunts w/cards, more salvage, while doing weeklies/dailies, get another 5-6 drops, you are talking about weekly some people getting 20-30 or more pieces to salvage weekly. This was without trying all that hard to get it, if you actually just farmed material all day long there, you couldve made millions in rough ad during this time frame, now you get buktus, a few thousand in RP.. they went from boom to bust overnight with this.

I used to have a happy run in MSP or whatever when I got 4-5 pieces of salvage , knowing that it was a good day for rough AD, now its meh.. who the heck wants this inventory HAMSTER, I reroll and go for a opal at least. Now its the BAD drop to get any epic gear in most of the dungeons.

Not sure what they were thinking with the multiple card deal, they probably should've thought through before releasing it.

However, I was really surprised at the value they decided to get items that cannot be stacked to RP value. I wouldve thought they wouldve been a bit less stingy with that, so there was a actual reason to farm epic gear, so you can get decent rp for it. But there isnt, epic gear holds almost no value.

• nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

Sounds like the devs should drastically increase the size of the Surplus Equipment coffer and the Build requirements for Surplus Equipment (except for Temporary [1 week] vendors which are too expensive).
    Just because one guild is not having trouble with this does not mean all guilds are overflowing with Surplus Equipment.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

it is weird they chose to have such a low value of RP for equipment, its annoying.

It really effects hunts, not that I care that much, but people used to join hunts , knowing if nothing else they could earn some decent salvage, now there literally is zero reason to do hunts, outside of the people looking for specific drop items. You can see the poor poeple who cant solo hunts, literally begging around the clock for any sort of party to help them, then if people do join, its poeple who need the items anyways, and its a 1/5 chance to get it. Not a great chance on a already paltry like 15% drop rate. I am sure very vexing for some players. I was lucky and got heels from sister (the hardest one to solo I think) with the help of a couple of people who was just there to help.

I came late to the party, as having taking a year off, I didnt get a egregious amount of salvage material from hunts, dont really need them per se to get AD , but those who benefited from it, sure the heck got alot of AD from it, there are some who do not need to even play for the next 3-6 months, just based on the tremendous amount of AD generated from salvage that they dropped like super candy (do bavoria, trade for salvage gear, do hunts w/cards, more salvage, while doing weeklies/dailies, get another 5-6 drops, you are talking about weekly some people getting 20-30 or more pieces to salvage weekly. This was without trying all that hard to get it, if you actually just farmed material all day long there, you couldve made millions in rough ad during this time frame, now you get buktus, a few thousand in RP.. they went from boom to bust overnight with this.

I used to have a happy run in MSP or whatever when I got 4-5 pieces of salvage , knowing that it was a good day for rough AD, now its meh.. who the heck wants this inventory HAMSTER, I reroll and go for a opal at least. Now its the BAD drop to get any epic gear in most of the dungeons.

Not sure what they were thinking with the multiple card deal, they probably should've thought through before releasing it.

However, I was really surprised at the value they decided to get items that cannot be stacked to RP value. I wouldve thought they wouldve been a bit less stingy with that, so there was a actual reason to farm epic gear, so you can get decent rp for it. But there isnt, epic gear holds almost no value.

This is what happens whenever the playerbase abuses everything we are given 0,o
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    any metal at all available for the coffer craft-able in professions?

that was the one I was looking for

I am glad some discussion came from this and our mine is slowly getting metal done so it isn't a huge issue any more but I hope, if there was metal available in professions for this purpose maybe it could be reinstated sometime.

maybe there never was..
    B)

it's like a dream now

I did remember reading some of the stronghold was getting a bit of a much needed revamp (dreaming?) .. so maybe this sort of stuff will all come out in the wash after that happens.. which only matters if it is years away and not months I guess.

I like how the AI theme and the workshop has wound it's way throughout the the various areas in neverwinter this mod.. hopefully a strongholds revamp will also
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

any metal at all available for the coffer craft-able in professions?

that was the one I was looking for

I am glad some discussion came from this and our mine is slowly getting metal done so it isn't a huge issue any more but I hope, if there was metal available in professions for this purpose maybe it could be reinstated sometime.

maybe there never was..
    B)

it's like a dream now

I did remember reading some of the stronghold was getting a bit of a much needed revamp (dreaming?) .. so maybe this sort of stuff will all come out in the wash after that happens.. which only matters if it is years away and not months I guess.

I like how the AI theme and the workshop has wound it's way throughout the the various areas in neverwinter this mod.. hopefully a strongholds revamp will also

The only Food, Lumber, Metal Stone items I ever saw were vouchers. These came from Dragonflight, SH HE's, and boxes on the Zen market.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    ahh.. right metal vouchers appeared from the dragonflight strong boxes
    I had forgotten about that source.. thanks

now those fangs can be traded for ad.
    which may come in handy now salvage is gone.

pity DF couldn't be made into something guilds and allies could run ,as a event worth their time again.