test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug: Staggering Challenge (Griffon's part) is not proccing on targets

rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
The Griffon's Wrath portion of Staggering Challenge is not proccing on targets at all with the latest patch.

(tested with no damage boosting feats aside from Staggering Challenge, fixed 1000 weapon damage, 17 STR).

Normally, the subsequent hits of Griffon's Wrath would gain a 20% damage buff after. However, in this log, you can see that I fired two Griffon's Wrath after using a single Griffon's hit, but the damage of the last two Griffon's hits was not modified at all. Also worth noting: I did not see the buff icon of Staggering Challenge appear on the dummies that I hit with a Griffon's Wrath.

If you were wondering, the Knight's Challenge portion of the feat is working correctly.

(same GF as above)

Applied first hit of Surge without KC, dealt 2568.4 damage. Then casted KC with the feat, then hit with the first hit of Surge. Got a Crit, ignored that hit. Tried another first hit of Surge, dealt 5393.5 damage.

5393.5/2568.4 = 2.099945.

KC starts at a 100% damage buff (2.0x damage), with a maxed out Staggering Challenge, you add 10% to the KC buff, turning KC into a 110% damage buff (2.1x damage). Accounting for rounding errors, the 2.099x damage is really 2.1x damage, which means the KC part of the feat is working correctly.

----

@frozenfirevr , would you mind forwarding this report to the dev team?

And I wouldn't be shocked if more of these types of issues popped up, so be prepared for bug reports that detail these "features".

Comments

• cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User

Can confirm, I am getting the debuff on dummies, though.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    The Staggering Challenge icon should look like the following:

and not like the Griffon's Wrath picture.

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Passing this on to the rest of the team!