test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Profession Speed Issue

-75% speed listed artisans are not increasing time taken by their listed amount. A task of 3 hours using a -75% speed artisan is going to take 12hours. 180mins x 1.75 does not = 180mins x 4.

Main: Angels Scar
Guild: Ruathym Corsairs

Comments

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Hmm, I think it increases the time taken by another formula.

The speed increases or decreases the base amount it would take to produce the item, and is not a straight multiplication of time.

So for example, if Drake leather takes 3 hours to produce, -75% speed will take: [3 hours]/[(100-75/100)] = 12 hours. +75% speed will take [3 hours]/[(100+75)/100] = 1 hr 42 min
    Post edited by vordayn on
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • geno82geno82 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    > @vordayn said:
    > Hmm, that's gonna be ages.

Right but 75% not *4 .. 12h are 300%more
    edited November 2018
    geno82 said:

> @vordayn said:

> Hmm, that's gonna be ages.

Right but 75% not *4 .. 12h are 300%more

Calculated it above. It was similar to how epic tools workers affected speed in the previous profession system.

It seems to affect how quickly the Artisan works, so a -75% speed artisan only works at 25% of the total speed of a 0% Artisan, hence taking 4 times as long.

In other words, the speed ability affects the speed at which the artisan works.
    Post edited by vordayn on
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Fire the leatherworker. He wants too much money for his lack of efforts.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited November 2018
    greywynd said:

Fire the leatherworker. He wants too much money for his lack of efforts.

The only good thing about this leatherworker is that it charges less due to the -25% commission modifier. But there will be better leatherworkers out there.

The speed ability does not matter if you use morale, so I'd only keep him if you needed to do a task with morale, or if the time to make the item did not matter that much to you.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    If
    vordayn said:

The speed increases or decreases the base amount it would take to produce the item, and is not a straight multiplication of time.

So for example, if Drake leather takes 3 hours to produce, -75% speed will take: [3 hours]/[(100-75/100)] = 12 hours. +75% speed will take [3 hours]/[(100+75)/100] = 1 hr 42 min

If this is the case - which it could well be - stating the value is -75% is totally misleading. Because the time factor listed is 3 Hours. And an extra 75% is what you expect it to be. Because no where does it say -75% of ....anything at all actually. It also doesn't say they will work at 25% the speed of a normal artisan, which would be closer to the truth.
    vordayn said:

The only good thing about this leatherworker is that it charges less due to the -25% commission modifier. But there will be better leatherworkers out there.

The speed ability does not matter if you use morale, so I'd only keep him if you needed to do a task with morale, or if the time to make the item did not matter that much to you.

This is true and using morale was where I noticed the 12Hr thing. Regarding other Leatherworkers, there is only 1 that gives a -75 commission cost and only 1 with -50% commission cost. Of the 6 with -25% commission, this one does have the worst time factor.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Speed means workload per time.
    With -75% speed the artisan can only do 1/4th of the workload in the same time.
    So it increases the time taken for the full workload to 4 times the original time.

Tbh they should have used time-modifiers directly. Still that would mean higher modifiers = worse. This would also mislead some people.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited November 2018

If

vordayn said:

If this is the case - which it could well be - stating the value is -75% is totally misleading. Because the time factor listed is 3 Hours. And an extra 75% is what you expect it to be. Because no where does it say -75% of ....anything at all actually. It also doesn't say they will work at 25% the speed of a normal artisan, which would be closer to the truth.
    It is not misleading. The unit here is about speed and not time.
    It is:
    Profession: +XY% speed
    and not:
    Profession: +XY% time

Speed is not time. Speed affects time.
    Normally, a base value without modifier usually means 100%.

If you double the speed, you will spend half the time to do things.
    -> If the speed is (100%) +100%, time will be 50%.

If you half the speed, you will spend double the time to do things.
    -> If the speed is (100%) - 50%, time will double.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***