test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Heart of Fire Launch Week Issues

Comments

• lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    adinosii said:

And on a related subject, can we please, PLEASE get the retainer's "exchange" list of materials in alphabetical order. It is painful to search through it for what you need.

Better yet: Sortable by name/profession/level. With filters.
  • midnightlight#2361 midnightlight Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 45 Cryptic Developer

When you get it as a drop the "cask of wonders" has no icon only a white block.

Thank you for reporting this. I've fixed it internally, you should all see the fix soon.
  • katrozkatroz Member Posts: 6 Arc User

katroz said:

Since the new mod, my game won't start anymore. The game just crashes in the first loading screen with no message, the loading screen just vanishes when it's at about 75%. I have tried both Steam and Arc launcher, force verified everything,deleted and redownloaded, launched the game with admin rights, in safe modeand without my antivirus software, nothing worked, same problem everytime.

WIN 10 64-bit
    CPU: Intel i7-3770k 3,5 GHz
    RAM: 14 GB
    Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti

1. reinstall graphic drivers;
    2. defragment hard drive;
    3. remove *\neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\localdata\GamePrefs.pref
    4. run the game as admin.
    Seems to have worked (somehow) can't do it from the desktop icon, gotta go into the folder and use the .exe and it didn't work on steam either, just arc, but still, huge thanks
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Updated original post with tomorrow's Patch Notes info.
  • heimdal#3771 heimdal Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Me:My class dont work as intended after patch, Cryptic:does it harm our ability to make money? Me:umm, no, but it makes a negative experience, cryptic:..... .... Me:i cant spend my money fast enough, cryptic:we get right on it sir, hotfix tomorrow.
  • cforest#0755 cforest Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Hello, MorningLord Lanterns are not going into the Vampire Hunting Kit, but rather the inventory. They cannot be deleted.

• poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    Hmm, I still don't see in the patch notes any fix for uncollectible chests with 3 quartz. Side note: it does not only impact levelling quests' chests, but also chests in e.g. skirmishes - if you roll 3 quartz as reward, you can't collect the chest, happened to my toon e.g. in Aberrant Assault.
    edited November 2018
    After the patch:
    - Unable to DECLINE applications if the workshop artisans are maxed out, both accept and decline options are greyed out and unclickable.
    - All my toons are still stuck with the Opening profession box tutorial green tips.
    - There's still an interactive Salvager in the Protector's Garden, just saying.
    Post edited by poisoncloud on
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

After the patch:
    - Unable to DECLINE applications if the workshop artisans are maxed out, both accept and decline options are greyed out and unclickable.

Just logged in to report this too, this seems to have bugged with the new patch, I was able to before
  • fuerte3fuerte3 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    vortican said:

fuerte3 said:

vortican said:

In the starting questline for professions, I was disconnected while accepting the first 4 applications for artisans. I have the artisans but the questline still says 3/4 applications accepted. There are no new applications and I cannot dismiss any artisans. I also cannot abandon the quest.

Please help. This interruption is greatly affecting my economic empire as I am no longer able to craft many, many pairs of pants.

I have exactly same problem, except that I have 2/4 applications accepted. I got network disconnected after accepting 2.
    Still waiting on any word fixing the tutorial and being able to access professions once again.

It is a loss to the entire Neverwinter community that one cannot craft many, many pairs of pants.
    Yes, why this is still not fixed???
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 383 Arc User

After the patch:

Just logged in to report this too, this seems to have bugged with the new patch, I was able to before
    And me too.

Also, it happened after this sequence of events...
    - start with a full complement of artisans.
    - look at a new application.
    - go back and dismiss someone to make room.
    - look at the application again, it's still the worker I want.
    - accept the new application.
    - go back and manage my artisans... the worker I fired is back at his old table and the new worker is nowhere!

Then I have the greyed out decline button. The tooltip says I have to dismiss a worker before I can accept a new one, but I'm not trying to accept a new one.

I also sometimes see a new application with a blank window... no worker details displayed at all.

And in the past I think I have accepted applications and ended up with different workers (i.e. not the one who applied) replacing other workers in my workshop (i.e not ones I have dismissed).

Anyway... I'm treading carefully and trying to record what happens in the hope that it might help.

• jandemannjandemann Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User

The HUD icon for Professions should only light up with the Delivery Box is full (or will be when all current tasks complete), not when there’s just a single item to collect.

As it is, it’s almost always lit up, and that’s very distracting when playing the game.

totally agree...the shiny object in my sight requires me to look at said....shiny object....lol :joy:
    Angry Inch lvl 70 OP and his NOT SO merry band of other Angry Campfire Hero toons
    Starks Alliance
  • jandemannjandemann Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    First and foremost, ty for the major fixes this week that were making me "angry" ^^ before... well done that they were fixed sooner rather than later...you all must have worked over the weekend...TY :D I do believe in giving credit where credit is due....now on to the fixes that maybe you can sleep at night and still do the next day....

1) effervescent potions vs the same +1, do not give any added bonus, I've tested, force, reflex and others I can't remember the names of :/…..but you get my drift

2) I've got some sphene and rubellite that are +1 when I pull up the crafting screen, but for the life of me, I can't seem to find it in my inventory, when I try to use the +1, it doesn't let me do anything with em, I look in my inv, and I can't find em, then I look to the crafting screen and see them....heh, you see the loop I got going here? I could continue, but I think I have more things to call out....loolz ( I think, but not a guru, that something else is saying "hey....I'm +1 and I'm gonna play the where's waldo game with you")

3)It was mentioned prior and a good idea, the old "n" shiny....do we really want that to light up after the first potential collect now? I liken it to the CTRL+J shiny and say "what did I just grab to make that shine?" when I'm well, let's say less than coherent....it might be a fine reminder, but normally.....well, lets go with when you max the box :lol:

4)haven't personally checked yet on the armor kits, but there's stuff out there...I'll be testing that soon

5) did the "imbalances" to the old stuffs vs new vouchers get fixed? I haven't checked...kinda forgot about that...my bad....

cya soon all :)
    Angry Inch lvl 70 OP and his NOT SO merry band of other Angry Campfire Hero toons
    Starks Alliance
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    @nitocris83 etc.

I have a level 2 workshop. I set one or two hunters to gather buckets of water.
    When I came back the desk was full of buckets... But they just kept coming!
    Ended up with over 450 of them. Each time I took a bucket it was replaced
    with another after a few seconds.

I didn't do Beta, so maybe I misunderstand this complex system... But I thought
    the workers would stop collecting when they ran out of room. And when I take all
    the buckets, they should take 20 minutes (or whatever) to fetch another -- plenty
    of time to cancel redirect them.

Taking one bucket at a time seemed to give infinite buckets (?) Not sure, cause I
    didn't want you to think I was cheating. Eventually I saw the "Take All" button and
    that gave me enough time to clear the gatherer's task.

Anyone else getting this? Or am I not getting how things work?
    Would appreciate a response so I know if this is an exploit or
    just me being absent minded and not getting how it works.
    (I'm afraid to play now, since I don't know if this is a bug.)

EDIT: If I recall correctly, the "Level 2" area where there more buckets might
    have been shown looked empty. ...So maybe invisible buckets?

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    obsiddia said:

@nitocris83 etc.

the workers would stop collecting when they ran out of room. And when I take all
    the buckets, they should take 20 minutes (or whatever) to fetch another -- plenty

Taking one bucket at a time seemed to give infinite buckets (?) Not sure, cause I
    didn't want you to think I was cheating. Eventually I saw the "Take All" button and

If you let the buckets fill up the delivery box completely (without removing anything until it is full) it will stop. Then you can go to the dispatch board and cancel your order.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR

obsiddia said:

"Failed to Start Assignment: Shimmerweave"

I'm guessing this is because I have two other people out collecting
    some already? If so, this needs to be spelled out in the error.
    Honestly, the error needs more explanation, regardless of the reason.

I have several extra gatherers, tools and collection slots open,
    so it shouldn't be because of that.

(Not reading the 11 pages of stuff to see if someone else mentioned this. Sorry.)

You have 3 crafting and 3 gathering slots, go over 3 and you get that message
    Thank you. Hadn't noticed the 3/3 in the bottom left corner.
    Would still be cool if the error messages said why things fail, tho.

vordayn said:

obsiddia said:

@nitocris83 etc.

If you let the buckets fill up the delivery box completely (without removing anything until it is full) it will stop. Then you can go to the dispatch board and cancel your order.
    I will try this again, later. But my point was that each new automated order
    was being filled almost instantly... And it should've taken quite a bit longer
    for the gatherers to keep getting new buckets. Each bucket taken was
    instantly replaced on the desk (taking one at a time). I will try again with a more
    expensive order and see if I get a glitch. I can always be mistaken. Thank you.

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    obsiddia said:

vordayn said:

obsiddia said:

@nitocris83 etc.

I will try this again, later. But my point was that each new automated order
    was being filled almost instantly... And it should've taken quite a bit longer
    for the gatherers to keep getting new buckets. Each bucket taken was
    instantly replaced on the desk (taking one at a time). I will try again with a more
    expensive order and see if I get a glitch. I can always be mistaken. Thank you.

This happens if you set to order as many as possible and come back some time after. There will be a backlog of items depending on: [time elapsed from 'continuous order' being set]/[duration of task].

Unless you set the task just then and then it kept filling up the Delivery box then and there? That would be a bug.

Another thought, theoretically if you have no gold, then the task will not complete. You can dump all your gold/silver/copper in your bank and then the orders *should* stop. I've got to try this out when I have the chance ...
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited November 2018

Workshop: tutorial hint cannot be cancelled after opening the Profession Started Kit.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1244358/
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    @jandemann your #2 item, I thought I was losing my mind thank you for listing this, I have gathered and crafted some material type items (I can't all of them) and when I go to the gathering box there is the regular item and some +1's, I collect the items and check my inventory and stuff is not there.

Also, another thing that I need to double check on when I craft over the weekend, I have set gathering tasks up for one thing and the next day there is something else in the box that I didn't set and I have also seen this.....I collect from the box and the amount of what is in my inventory seems to be much less than what I should be getting....I will try and test all of this and write it down before and after, then check it the next day and see if I can get it to happen again
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Character Sheet Animation Bug:
    Female characters now pose like males. The animation looks off because female characters are generally less wide than their male counterparts, so the legs are set even farther apart. Instead of them having a power pose, my poor ladies now all look like they just got up from a squat toilet.

If this is an intentional change, I disagree with it. The old pose was good.
  • anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Still no acknowledgement of the bug in the Workshop tutuorial where items pulled out don't trigger quest completion.

I'm very happy that support has apparently pushed through lots of people so they can start crafting. I have politely asked that they trigged completion of the tutorial for me to no avail. I get one response per day, which I answer immediately and then have to wait till the next day. Assumably they don't work the weekend now so that's two weeks locked out of crafting with my main crafter.

How much longer will I have to wait before.......something. Gah.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited November 2018

Just got +1 result with 0 focus chance....

I wish the lottery in real life would have worked this way, never fill a ticket, but still win.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited November 2018

It registers [Sweetgale +1] as Tanner's Liquor +1. It will not allow to start a task with one, but still annoying.

I've double checked, mailing the sweetgale to remove it from the inventory fixes the issue. I believe it registered the [Torn Scroll of Mass Protection from Dragons] in the same way, as a fake Tanners +1

Edit: It just locks on some random item and lists it as Tanners +1
    Post edited by micky1p00 on
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    2 More Major PVP Bugs:

The Potent Sleeping Vial and other new professions potions such as the paralysis potion work in PVP. The tooltip states that the sleeping potion disables players for 18 seconds (27 seconds for the +1 version). Reportedly the potions don't last the full duration on players but its still really long. While the sleeping potion's effects do end upon receiving damage, many players can one shot people with a single attack.

2 of the new event artifacts are also bugged, the tymora's spinning coin artifact is one shotting max geared players dead. The Waukeen's horde artifact is also hitting freakishly hard but doesn't seem to be as powerful as the coin.

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
    I traded 20 cashmeres for MW3 tailoring recipes book, but got no MW3 recipes. Somehow, I have the Port Nyazaru quest Lost in transportation (for MW4?) which asks me to craft Manticore robes for which I have no recipes. I got the MW4? quest right after completing MW2.
This discussion has been closed.