test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Heart of Fire Preview Patch Notes: NW.105.20181022a.16

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Highlights

Professions
Artisans
  • Many new opportunities have arisen for alchemists on the Sword Coast, and as a result, their applications are no longer the most common ones to appear.
Workshop and Quest Flow
  • Bolden and Tress now appear in the player's workshop after completing The Grand Upgrade.
  • Players can no longer unexpectedly end up in (or intentionally visit) other players' workshops.
  • Players can no longer manage to have their own workshops ranked up early by being in someone else's workshop when they upgrade--and, as a result, get stuck in the quest line.
  • Players in a broken state can now turn in their upgrade quest.
  • Players no longer become stuck in the "Order an item at the Dispatch Board" or "Wait for the Gathering Task to Complete" steps of the tutorial quest, Running a Workshop.
  • Running a Workshop: This quest now recognizes a wider variety of gathering tasks for credit.
Crafting and Crafted Items
  • Brightsilver Talisman is now item level 495 at Uncommon rarity, up from 435.
  • Recycle: This skill now correctly affects items that have been Ordered. (Note that if it's a repeat assignment, the refunded materials will immediately be used to start another assignment.)
  • Supplements no longer sometimes affect multiple repeats of an assignment through a single use.
Exchange
  • The Exchange prompt now properly appears if the player has only Bills of Labor in their toolbox.

Release Notes

Content and Environment
Acquisitions Incorporated
  • Manycoins Bank Heist has been removed from the Random Queue rotation for now.
  • Retrieval Operation: The "Talk to Jim Darkmagic" step of this quest no longer automatically completes for players when one player completes it.
  • The repeatable quest "Basement Investigation" is now infinitely repeatable instead of just weekly, and now gives fewer acorns per run.
General
  • Collecting rewards at the end of a queued instance no longer has a chance to prevent others from collecting those rewards.
  • Illusionist's Gambit no longer gives Bronze success after clearing the first wave of enemies. And is once again selectable in the queue UI.
  • Players are no longer blocked from completing the quest Doomguide's Duty and Clockwork Tomb.
  • Tomb of the Nine Gods: Players who gain the Temp HP buff in the Avatar Orcus encounter no longer keep it after the encounter ends. (We're looking into other reported issues with this encounter.)
  • Various queued instances should no longer have a chance to break if the player re-queues directly from within the map.
Events
  • Wonders of Gond and Tymora's Gift have been re-added to the event calendar, and we've scheduled a Wondrous Bazaar discount this coming weekend too.

Combat and Powers
Classes and Balance
  • Guardian Fighter: Griffon's Wrath can no longer be used infinitely.

Items and Economy
General
  • Hunter Expedition Pack has been removed from the Zen Market.
  • Merchant Prince's Folly once again drops Chult campaign currency.
  • Weird tokens, e.g. "Mission Perk Tracker - Tomb of the Nine Gods," will no longer take up inventory space.
  • Wiggins the Undead Intern now gives bonus acorns as appropriate.
Consult Expedition Pack
  • Profession Packs are now properly in Questionably Procured Goods.
  • Players who claimed the Questionably Procured Goods should now have a Profession Pack in the mail for each of the goods they claimed.

User Interface
General
  • Chult maps, and other similar interactions, once again properly allow the player to view them multiple times.
Character Sheet
  • Item Level calculations no longer go super out-of-whack in level scaled areas.
Rewards
  • Claiming a reward choice pack, such as an artisan pack from your retainer, no longer prevents other reward popups from showing up for the rest of the session.
Stores
  • "Sell All" in sell-only stores (such as the Profession exchange or South Seas Trading Company) no longer sells items that are equipped.
  • "Sell All" in sell-only stores no longer sells items with enchantments or armor kits.

Art, Animation, Effects, and Audio
Animation
  • Player characters riding a manticore no longer T-pose to assert dominance.

Localization
General
  • A fix pass has been made to various French and German text.

Remaining Known Issues
We know there are more, but here are some of the highlights.
  • Acquisitions Incorporated repeatable quests are only repeatable weekly, preventing the player from reaching the campaign currency cap on the first week.
  • Companions and Soul Puppets snooze after a while of standing idle; this will be reverted in a later build.
  • Cotton Petasos don't hide a character's hair, leading to egregious clipping.
  • Crafted capes and mantles currently do not change the character's appearance when equipped.
  • Feathered Ilhuilli is lower item level at Uncommon quality than expected. It is currently 455, and will be 515 after this is addressed.
  • In French, Lady Begum has a line of voice-over that doesn't make sense in context. This will be updated in a later build.
  • Legendary tools for the Gathering profession have Recycle, which doesn't help with Gathering tasks.
  • Profession coupons do not currently apply to items in the Professions category.
  • Requirements for certain items at the Stronghold Bloomery and Goldsmith structures currently require outdated Masterwork ranks.
  • "Second Chances" can be accepted multiple times, though it cannot be completed multiple times.
  • Text in certain artisan recruitment packs incorrectly claims the contents will be alchemists. The names of the packs are correct.
  • There are two Fleeces. The one from Illusionist's Gambit will be renamed to Enchanted Fleece in a later build.

Comments

• vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    terramak said:

Highlights

Professions
    Artisans

Players no longer become stuck in the "Order an item at the Dispatch Board" or "Wait for the Gathering Task to Complete" steps of the tutorial quest, Running a Workshop.
    Running a Workshop: This quest now recognizes a wider variety of gathering tasks for credit.
    Crafting and Crafted Items

Does this include being stuck at Accept Applications because you were disconnected during the tutorial?
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    #1: Is this going live tomorrow?

#2: "Players are no longer blocked from completing the quest Doomguide's Duty and Clockwork Tomb."
    Does this fix also affect all the other quests that had the same "3 Quartz showing in the chest, inventory full no matter what" bug? If not, any ETA on that? I believe there's a nearly-full list on the forums.
  • sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Awwww but I liked the Manticore glitch LOL!!!
    Thanks for updating us and fixing stuff :)
    A note to add, there are a ton of quests in the low zones that are running into this 3 quartz in the chest "inventory full" glitch (which are preventing the completion of those campaign zones).
    Icespire Peak, The Chasm, Rothe Valley, Mount Hotenow and the very first quest with Minsc to trigger the Elemental Evil campaign in Ebon Downs.
    I hope this helps! :)

~Skyye Lakara~
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

A note to add, there are a ton of quests in the low zones that are running into this 3 quartz in the chest "inventory full" glitch (which are preventing the completion of those campaign zones).
    Icespire Peak, The Chasm, Rothe Valley, Mount Hotenow and the very first quest with Minsc to trigger the Elemental Evil campaign in Ebon Downs.

~Skyye Lakara~

Those quests were not actually bugged, having the 2 from Neverdeath in your Journal bugged others. That will be fixed tomorrow when this patch goes live.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I had an odd thing happen in my first time in the "beholder convention." Someone else talking to the person that assembles the tank pushed the quest along for me. The re running of it it did not happen.
  • silkencacoon#1408 silkencacoon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Players are no longer blocked from completing the quest Doomguide's Duty and Clockwork Tomb.

So we're just going to ignore the other zones then? Don't even try to say you're not aware, the guild I'm in has been making sure to send bug reports on every one we find. The base game is virtually impossible to complete at this time.
  • aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    > @silkencacoon#1408 said:
    > Players are no longer blocked from completing the quest Doomguide's Duty and Clockwork Tomb.
    >
    > So we're just going to ignore the other zones then? Don't even try to say you're not aware, the guild I'm in has been making sure to send bug reports on every one we find. The base game is virtually impossible to complete at this time.

@Kreatyve answered this above saying fixing those 2 fixes the rest.
    Post edited by aerthyn on
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Still no fix to the bug that prevents loadout swapping? Disappointing. Hope that fix is coming soon.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • slesreth#2147 slesreth Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

~Skyye Lakara~

Those quests were not actually bugged, having the 2 from Neverdeath in your Journal bugged others. That will be fixed tomorrow when this patch goes live.
    Good news! I am looking forward to this!
  • ruslan1404#8974 ruslan1404 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Sure strike - unstopable, 3 hit per second, and 3 hit AOC and weapon damage per second realy no multiproc? all class nerf dots, but GFW is not? why?
  • ruslan1404#8974 ruslan1404 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Slam GFW multiproc AOC every tick.
    Can do Cryptic combo sure strike 1 proc AOC and Weapon damage?
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    /snip/ Players no longer become stuck in the "Order an item at the Dispatch Board" or "Wait for the Gathering Task to Complete" steps of the tutorial quest, Running a Workshop. //snip/

Does this include no progress on Step: "Take Your Item From The Delivery Box"?
    Regardless how many times i send a Adventurer to gather Copper Ore on one of my toons, that quest step will not complete.
This discussion has been closed.