test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who Else Hates the New Approach to Crafting?

Comments

• caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    Personal Currency. Why not?
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

Personal Currency. Why not?

Once they removed it from Leadership long ago, you've not been able to make Astral Diamonds as a personal currency. There's no reason you should be able to, either. It doesn't make any sense, thematically, and it's already been proven to be game-breaking.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

arcanjo86 said:

Players need to have some consideration that it was a rework of all profession system from roots, test stuff and report bugs and dont expect to be fixed next day, it will take sometime be patient, the new sistem looks good and you can enjoy it more everyday, the non masterwork with not so close to 100% proficiency/focus it preparing you for the questline for masterwork enjoy the journey and dont give up

It's not a rework from the roots. They tweaked how some things worked, added a little, and reskinned the rest. Even the developers admitted as much in the preview thread, saying something to that effect. It's not a fun system. I got a character, that had only leveled Leadership in the old system, through the tutorial last night. Gathering doesn't count as a "profession" for purposes of the quest chain. So that leaves me having to level a profession on that character now in order to get to the point where that character can do the "A Box for Knox" quest. Until that happens, professions on that character are going to be a huge pain in the HAMSTER.

I've also decided to level my main's workshop to level 4 for the experience of doing it. That's turning out to be a chore, too. We'll see how long I can put up with it. I am not hopeful.
    Artisans and tools were reworked to add different proficiency/focus values, comission cost percentage, speed percentage, gathering mechanic was added, delivery boxx added, workshop added. Leadership was never a profession more a farm bot kind of tab. You can buy 1 of the items for "a box for knox" its cheap i bought 1 for all my other 7 chars, now i have to wait to have one professsion to max 70 (putting order helps level up profession while you are offline, once you gather the items from delivery box you give xp to profession) to unlock lady begum quest.
  • cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Anyone ever played the old ps2 game Baldur's Gate 2.....it had a crafting system that was kind of cool. Most weapon items could be ranked up from +1 to +5 and you could add an elemental to it (fire, ice, poison, etc.) So you would start with a basic crafted longsword for example, and turn it into a +5 Flaming Longsword (complete with visual effects, etc.).

Wish some genius at Cryptic could come up with a similar idea and get PWE's approval to go forward with it.....sigh....I know, I know......wishful thinking at best.
    edited November 2018
    arcanjo86 said:

Artisans and tools were reworked to add different proficiency/focus values, comission cost percentage, speed percentage, gathering mechanic was added, delivery boxx added, workshop added.

So what? This does not indicate that this was a "rework from the roots". Asterdahl even said that the changes we see are all built on the same basic professions system we had before. That means the guts of it have remained the same. Most of what you have listed are tweaks to how the system works, even if they are new mechanics. The only truly new thing is the workshop.
    arcanjo86 said:

Leadership was never a profession more a farm bot kind of tab.

What does that have anything to do with anything? Most people did not automate this, even if they could have. I didn't. I was logging in every third and fourth hour to restart Leadership tasks and other tasks. I had Crates of Astral Diamonds and Corvee Labor on three hour completions, while everything else was on four hour completions.
    arcanjo86 said:

You can buy 1 of the items for "a box for knox" its cheap i bought 1 for all my other 7 chars, now i have to wait to have one professsion to max 70 (putting order helps level up profession while you are offline, once you gather the items from delivery box you give xp to profession) to unlock lady begum quest.

Again, what does this have anything to do with anything? I've got workshop level 3 on 13 or 14 characters (there might be one that I hadn't had time to do and haven't returned to, yet). I was able to craft the +1 items required for workshop level 2 and 3 from Day One. I'm also aware these items are sold on the AH. You're not telling me anything I don't already know, and I'm not sure why you think I don't know it since I've already stated that I'm working on getting my main's workshop to level 4. After deciding to craft +1 Adamantine/Oak/Shimmerweave tools for my characters, I'm highly likely to get my main's workshop to level 4, too. All the regular quality items I end up creating in my quest for maximum quality non-MW tools will earn tidy commissions with the SSTC.
  • raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    After about a week of the New Crafting System and getting used to it, It's not all BAD... But it definitely needs improvements.
    I've worked on 26 Alts... 14 have WS3.

1)Make Workshop 4 Account based unlock after Main completes, WS1 thru WS3 Character Unlock.
    2)Reduced Gold Cost or Free when using Charm 400. Maybe Increase Charm Cost for No/Reduced Gold Cost.
    3)Reduced Gold Cost overall, or events with reduced Gold Cost (and double materials per usual).
    4)Add Fireplace to Workshop. It could be the Furnace already exists. It will make life easier!!!
    5)Add Email box to Workshop. More convenience than necessity. Fireplace is Necessity.
    6)List All Profession Crafters with expected Full Stats at Level 70 (like we have for Artifacts).
    New Crafters show only Stats at current Level.
    7)Lady Begun needs to have one List for all days. It's annoying having Daily different lists. Let alone different lists based on WS3 or WS4 Upgrade.
    8)Need more Guild Crafting Systems and they need to be at reduced cost!!! Right now have only AD and Gold Crate.
    Are they even worth it? Based on directly using AD and Gold instead!
    9)Better Materials list or more organized from Retainer.
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User

Regardless of whether it is with using the old crafting system, or using the new one, my issue is that there isn't really anything of practical use that I can craft that doesn't already drop in-game from mobs or chests. I was hoping to craft something that would be an improvement and yes, more desirable.

For example, look at the Zulkir's Dreadnought armor. I like the features and the bonuses it has especially where having undead companions slotted is concerned, but eventually you are forced to abandon that IL 450 armor to slot better gear ranging up to IL 500+. What I was hoping for with Professions was to be able to use crafting to either incorporate the bonus features of the Zulkir's Dreadnought into a higher IL crafted armor, or directly upgrade the Zulkir's Dreadbought to IL 500+. Sadly, no luck there.

In summation:

-We don't need potions since they drop already.
    -We don't need sub-par (blue) weapons and armors as they also drop already.
    -We don't need to craft mounts or mount insignias (unless something more powerful/unique could be crafted).

-We need but can't craft Astral Diamonds because you're trying to reduce that source of income.
    -We need better gear but there are no Legendaries or (dare I ask) Mythics worth the effort to pursue.
    -We need better companions but we can't craft upgrade tokens.

Think of it: If players could craft Mythic gear (heads, chests, arms, boots, rings) with the new Professions system, that alone would be the ideal every player would be on board for.

ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL!

But so far, I just don't see this happening. Too many fears of unleashing something game-breaking/balance-breaking?

There is room for improvement with Professions, but the question is whether or not the improvement will come or was this all just an attempt to give players a ton of pointless busywork that serves no practical use whatsoever...

I don't "hate" the changes but I am disappointed.

You are lucky if you're still getting potion drops...I haven't gotten any since the release, other than what's in the chests. I asked about it in the alliance and a few other people noticed it too.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User

6)List All Profession Crafters with expected Full Stats at Level 70 (like we have for Artifacts).

Here's a complete list at level 70 -->> Artisans
    It would be nicer if we had this in-game, but at least that is something you can reference.

7)Lady Begun needs to have one List for all days. It's annoying having Daily different lists. Let alone different lists based on WS3 or WS4 Upgrade.

The only difference between WS3 and WS4 is a shorter list for WS4. So it is possible to make an abundance of high quality items to turn in for WS3 and WS4 on the same day.

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

You are lucky if you're still getting potion drops...I haven't gotten any since the release, other than what's in the chests. I asked about it in the alliance and a few other people noticed it too.

Didn't they announce that potions were no longer going to drop?

I could swear it was stated in an earlier preview thread regarding the new mod. I recollect people complaining that the devs introduced a professions system that works via gold but then turned around and removed a gold source as a drop.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    I can't give a broad sweeping "all good" or "all bad" as the OP did. Too bugged to tell with so many moving parts, many of them broken.

It is basically a pre-beta quality product, incomplete. They should have delayed the release and fixed all this on preview.
    The unequal trade in of old legendary assets (some costing millions of AD) for trade currency worth green or blue assets is crappy.

So far, they are earning an F on implementation of professions.
    But the semester just started (to stretch the metaphor) and they could raise the grade with ASAP fixes.

The concept is pretty good. The idea of crafting for sale back to the game as well as on AH and crafting for campaign progress has great potential. I grade concept as a B.

Until it is fully working, I don't think anyone can declare the new professions are permanently unworkable.
    Who knows. In 1-2 weeks, if all bugs fixed, there is potential for this to be a far superior professions system.

But until fully fixed, stays at an F.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    A Review of the New Professions System based on One's Experience with the Previous Profession System:

1. BRAND NEW PLAYER--What the hell is this? What do I do? Help! Help! Ahhhh.....screw it. QUITS PROFESSIONS OUT OF FRUSTRATION

2. PLAYER AROUND FOR A FEW MODS WITH A FEW ALTS AND A FEW MAXED PROFESSIONS--What the hell is this? What do I do? Oh wait? It costs how much? Where is the free rp? Nowhere? Oh well, at least its gonna save me time. QUIT PROFESSIONS OUT OF LACK OF INTEREST

3. PLAYER WITH LOTS OF ALTS WHO FAITHFULLY FARMED 9 PROFESSION SLOTS FOR RP FOR MANY MODS--What the hell is this? Lets see. Oh HAMSTER? You mean I gotta level up on each alt. Screw that! Let me just do one. Oh wow!!! That is a lot of cost. Freaking bugs everywhere! Eh well, maybe I can get workshop to level 3 or 4 or something. Time to run some dungeons. QUITS PROFESSIONS AFTER LEVELING WORKSHOP UP A BIT FOR LACK OF LOW END REWARD

4. INTRO MASTERCRAFTERS--What the hell did you do? You freaking nerfed the whole thing? Thank God I got this pile of gold I can use or this would be absolute hell. Oh HAMSTER! This is freaking bugged!!! Screw Cryptic! QUITS PROFESSIONS UNTIL BUGS ARE FIXED

5. MAXED MASTERCRAFTERS AND PREVIEW JUNKIES--Hmmm. Hmmmm. Buggy, clunky, but I can hang with this and make some sweet AD. Thank God I got billions of AD and tens of thousands of gold or this would have really sucked! Improvements needed, but I can get the hang of this. PERSEVERES IN PROFESSIONS AND SELLS ITEMS FOR LOTS OF AD

LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

edited November 2018
    You forgot this one:

6. PLAYER WITH LOTS OF ALTS WHO FAITHFULLY FARMED 9 PROFESSION SLOTS TO DONATE GUILD RESOURCES FOR MANY MODS--What the hell is this? Lets see. Oh HAMSTER? You mean I gotta level up on each alt. Screw that! Let me just do one. Oh wow!!! That is a lot of cost. Freaking bugs everywhere! Eh well, maybe I can get workshop to level 3 or 4 or something. Time to run some dungeons. OPTS TO DO GATHERING TO GENERATE PROFESSION RESOURCES FOR THE GUILD AND GIVES UP ON EVERYTHING ELSE.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User

After about a week of the New Crafting System and getting used to it, It's not all BAD... But it definitely needs improvements.

1)Make Workshop 4 Account based unlock after Main completes, WS1 thru WS3 Character Unlock.
    2)Reduced Gold Cost or Free when using Charm 400. Maybe Increase Charm Cost for No/Reduced Gold Cost.
    3)Reduced Gold Cost overall, or events with reduced Gold Cost (and double materials per usual).
    4)Add Fireplace to Workshop. It could be the Furnace already exists. It will make life easier!!!
    5)Add Email box to Workshop. More convenience than necessity. Fireplace is Necessity.
    8)Need more Guild Crafting Systems and they need to be at reduced cost!!! Right now have only AD and Gold Crate.

You seem to be confused. Nothing about the new workshop is supposed to be convenient.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

You seem to be confused. Nothing about the new workshop is supposed to be convenient.
    This wins today's internet
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

We still have the Crate of Transmuted Gold.

This won't be worth doing for most people. There are 15 to 20 steps, depending on how you count them, in order to make Crates of Transmuted Gold. While we're on the subject, the whole name of the crates is stupid now. The point of transmuted gold is that there was never any gold there to begin with! They should change it to Crates of Gold or Crates of Smelted Gold because we're actually putting gold into the crates. It's as if the developers don't understand English. Seriously.

Anyway, here are the steps required to make these stupid crates:
    1. Gather Oak Logs.
    2. Gather Walnut Logs.
    3. Gather Gold Sand.
    4. Gather Gold Sand. (Because you need 13 and only get 12 per task completion.)
    5. Gather Iron Sand.
    6. Gather Flax.
    7. Gather Fish Bones.
    8. Use Artificing to make Oak Lumber.
    9. Use Artificing to make Walnut Lumber.
    10. Use Artificing to make Fine Parchment.
    11. Use Jewelcrafting to make Raw Gold Ingot.
    12. Use Jewelcrafting to make Raw Gold Ingot.
    13. Use Jewelcrafting to make Raw Gold Ingot. (Because you need three.)
    14. Use Alchemy to make Fish Glue.
    15. Use Alchemy to make Linseed Oil.
    16. Use Alchemy to make Black Ink.
    17. Use Artificing to make Aureus Index.
    18. Use Alchemy to make Crates of Transmuted Gold.

Total cost before commission modifiers for all that stuff? About 7 gold 30 silver. That math accounts for using 13 Gold Sand and not 24. It also assumes zero failures. This recipe makes three crates worth five gold each. If you're lucky and have artisans with very low commission costs, you could get that price down to about 3 gold. If you're unlucky and have artisans with very high commission costs, you're looking at spending about 22 gold .... to make 15 gold to donate to your guild. Most of us will be somewhere in the middle, which means that making these crates will cost most of us about 12 to 15 gold. When you've got 18 steps (assuming no Dab Hand) and you're spending about as much to make these things as they're actually worth to the coffer, then what's the point of making these things? I've already told the developers in the preview thread that they would have to triple the value of these crates before I would even consider making them. Merely doubling them is an insult considering all the hoops you have to go through to make them.

Very few people are going to take the time to actually do the math on all these tasks and figure out how much it will cost them to make these crates. So I am sure there will be people who, for a while at least, will spend more than 15 gold to make crates of gold worth 15 gold. All of this is why I will be using the Assayer in my SH to meet my guild's needs. I'm hoping that enough people will be aware of the cost to make these crates such that most people will avoid making them. Maybe the developers will make changes if people stop making these crates. The recipe in the old system was valuable because you could use Guild Marks to get all the ingredients you needed and generate gold for your guild without actually spending your own gold.
    I also found Crate of Astral Diamonds.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

Regardless of whether it is with using the old crafting system, or using the new one, my issue is that there isn't really anything of practical use that I can craft that doesn't already drop in-game from mobs or chests. I was hoping to craft something that would be an improvement and yes, more desirable.

For example, look at the Zulkir's Dreadnought armor. I like the features and the bonuses it has especially where having undead companions slotted is concerned, but eventually you are forced to abandon that IL 450 armor to slot better gear ranging up to IL 500+. What I was hoping for with Professions was to be able to use crafting to either incorporate the bonus features of the Zulkir's Dreadnought into a higher IL crafted armor, or directly upgrade the Zulkir's Dreadbought to IL 500+. Sadly, no luck there.

In summation:

-We don't need potions since they drop already.
    -We don't need sub-par (blue) weapons and armors as they also drop already.
    -We don't need to craft mounts or mount insignias (unless something more powerful/unique could be crafted).

-We need but can't craft Astral Diamonds because you're trying to reduce that source of income.
    -We need better gear but there are no Legendaries or (dare I ask) Mythics worth the effort to pursue.
    -We need better companions but we can't craft upgrade tokens.

Think of it: If players could craft Mythic gear (heads, chests, arms, boots, rings) with the new Professions system, that alone would be the ideal every player would be on board for.

ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL!

But so far, I just don't see this happening. Too many fears of unleashing something game-breaking/balance-breaking?

There is room for improvement with Professions, but the question is whether or not the improvement will come or was this all just an attempt to give players a ton of pointless busywork that serves no practical use whatsoever...

I don't "hate" the changes but I am disappointed.

In summation -
    • MW potions are better and don't drop. . . yet
    • I'm wearing a Blue Black Opal ring and it's as good as a Primal
    • agreed
    • We have AD crates we can make
    • Still working on my (Mythic Illusionist Mask
    • agreed
    Still waiting for the Corvee' Labor Crate though.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

A Review of the New Professions System based on One's Experience with the Previous Profession System:

1. BRAND NEW PLAYER--What the hell is this? What do I do? Help! Help! Ahhhh.....screw it. QUITS PROFESSIONS OUT OF FRUSTRATION

2. PLAYER AROUND FOR A FEW MODS WITH A FEW ALTS AND A FEW MAXED PROFESSIONS--What the hell is this? What do I do? Oh wait? It costs how much? Where is the free rp? Nowhere? Oh well, at least its gonna save me time. QUIT PROFESSIONS OUT OF LACK OF INTEREST

3. PLAYER WITH LOTS OF ALTS WHO FAITHFULLY FARMED 9 PROFESSION SLOTS FOR RP FOR MANY MODS--What the hell is this? Lets see. Oh HAMSTER? You mean I gotta level up on each alt. Screw that! Let me just do one. Oh wow!!! That is a lot of cost. Freaking bugs everywhere! Eh well, maybe I can get workshop to level 3 or 4 or something. Time to run some dungeons. QUITS PROFESSIONS AFTER LEVELING WORKSHOP UP A BIT FOR LACK OF LOW END REWARD

4. INTRO MASTERCRAFTERS--What the hell did you do? You freaking nerfed the whole thing? Thank God I got this pile of gold I can use or this would be absolute hell. Oh HAMSTER! This is freaking bugged!!! Screw Cryptic! QUITS PROFESSIONS UNTIL BUGS ARE FIXED

5. MAXED MASTERCRAFTERS AND PREVIEW JUNKIES--Hmmm. Hmmmm. Buggy, clunky, but I can hang with this and make some sweet AD. Thank God I got billions of AD and tens of thousands of gold or this would have really sucked! Improvements needed, but I can get the hang of this. PERSEVERES IN PROFESSIONS AND SELLS ITEMS FOR LOTS OF AD

Yup. I'm # 3 on your list...

Gave it a shot - experimented with my main and Blacksmithing. I just lost interest after getting to WS level 2. The workshop music is fun for the first 3 minutes...then it gets old...and then it's just annoying background noise.

Maybe when I'm bored with the game otherwise I'll come back around to experiment with Workshops more. Right now I'm just slowly grinding and waiting on the new campaign to finish. And building up a stockpile of AD and gold ... though to be honest I'm not entirely sure what for at this point...

But hey - Black Friday and the Winter Festival are right around the corner. Saw a note somewhere that a new reward for the Festival this year will be a Yeti mount...looking forward to earning that.

Never going to happen. Resources/ingredients can now be donated directly to the coffer for "Profession Resources", formerly called "Labor". Honestly, at this point, I don't want it to be changed back. I've already got a plan in place to supply this for my guild and to do so at minimal cost to myself.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

Never going to happen. Resources/ingredients can now be donated directly to the coffer for "Profession Resources", formerly called "Labor". Honestly, at this point, I don't want it to be changed back. I've already got a plan in place to supply this for my guild and to do so at minimal cost to myself.
    If someone missing profession supplies, I would love to supply that at no cost.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2018

SPEED: at -50% your time is doubled. So a 2hr task is now 4 hrs!...not 3hrs like it should be.

Like it should be? If you do something 50% slower, you will take twice as long to do it. I think you're confusing speed with time.
  • aspa12aspa12 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    This is awful... and I'm like really really trying to like it but I can't..

I took a break for 1 module so when I heard they were re-designing crafting to make it better I was excited..
    I can see searching materials or finding recipes is easier now, but overall.. it's like 1000% more complicating than it was in the past. Why make it so complicating? Was it really necessary to add myriads of new materials/resources/artisans?

Let's forget about the new stuff, let's talk about the old. I had more than 60 purple artisans. Guess how many I have now? 3<- and that's only because I had all 9 boxes unlocked. That's really rewarding.
    But wait !! Let's go buy the new artisan's profession recruitment and get them again... Nah.. you can't do that. Your workshop is rank 3, you can only have 20 artisan's max (from a total of what? close to 200 if not mistaken). And yeah, to get the purple one you must first get all the common and the blues. So, good luck with that, pray to kamisama and maybe some day you might get the ones you need, not for every profession of course. You can't have that. That would be too easy, even if you pay you will never be able to. Cause some things are unattainable in life so it makes sense to be here too. So, instead of adding a new legendary mount next module consider adding an option to choose the specific artisan you want. Problem solved.

I can see there was a lot of work done creating the new profession system and hooray for that but.. for me it's like people had too many ideas for every bit and part of professions and they incorporated them all into one big package.

Maybe I'm a bit too early judging it and I might get used to it in time.. But I kinda doubt it. Peace~

If you can't convince them confuse them.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User

Yep, i also can't see how this new system is an "improvement" for the majority of players... not to mention, that the Devs didn't take the time to ensure that Profession Nodes and events reward the new profession resources.

Sure, we can exchange those old resources into the new stuff... but what's the point?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    @tigercatgirl
    Let's say you need to drive somewhere 300 miles away.

Your speed is 100 miles per hour, it will be a 3 hour trip.

Your speed at -75% is only 25 miles per hour which turns your 300 mile journey into a 12 hour trip.

Speed does not equal time.

That's just the way it works.

And the purple artisans aren't so epic anymore. The majority of them won't be working in my workshop.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User

Rare and Epic are suppose to be better not just as good or worse than a common.

THIS!!!! +1

@tigercatgirl

Let's say you need to drive somewhere 300 miles away.

Your speed is 100 miles per hour, it will be a 3 hour trip.

Your speed at -75% is only 25 miles per hour which turns your 300 mile journey into a 12 hour trip.

Speed does not equal time.

That's just the way it works.

And the purple artisans aren't so epic anymore. The majority of them won't be working in my workshop.

You are trying to justify how the developers made the equation/decision? So your saying you support the nonsense of all this?

Rare and Epic are suppose to be better not just as good or worse than a common.
    S/He was not trying to justify anything. S/He was merely pointing out the flaw in your logic. And your logic pertaining to the difference between speed and time is flawed. I don't think anyone is happy that epic artisans can have negative speed modifiers. For me, I would logically expect epic artisans to be better when it comes to speed, proficiency, and focus, and if they were, then that would justify (for me) the increased cost in commissions.

Personally, I don't mind artisans with a -75% speed modifier, but that's only because I don't really care when those artisans complete their tasks. If time matters, then I make a different choice. So, in that way, I can see why the developers included artisans with negative speed modifiers. That's still not saying that I think epic artisans should have negative speed modifiers, though.
    I have decided I hate this new crafting system much more than the old one. I decided on Saturday to try crafting some things that can be sold for more than their crafting cost. I did this on 14 characters. On Sunday morning, I spent the first three hours of the day just dealing with crafting on those 14 characters. Every time I logged onto one of those characters to do an invocation, then I had to deal with crafting again. This took 2 to 3 minutes per character. (I was slow at getting invocations done.) By Sunday afternoon, I decided to stop most of the tasks and just let the characters finish out making whatever the end product was.

On Monday morning, I spent the first two hours of my day dealing with crafting. Once again, I was slow at invocations and had to spend 2 to 3 minutes per character dealing with crafting every time I did an invocation. By Monday evening, most characters were done with crafting.

This morning, I spent about 30 minutes on professions.

I have to admit that while the amount of gold obtained by doing professions wasn't a lot per task run, in aggregate it added up nicely. Since I had chosen different professions for each character, then most of them ended up doing something in that profession, rather than all doing potions or rings. For example, my GWF and CW did leather visors from Leatherworking. I sent their adventurers out to gather animal hides, then I used two Leatherworkers on each character to turn those hides into leather, then I used one Leatherworker to turn that leather in a visor. My warlock did quartz rings, with his adventurers going out and gathering the sandstone and copper ore, and jewelers making the copper ingots, quartz, and rings. The bulk of the time I spent dealing with professions was spent collecting deliveries and waiting for the deliveries to populate in order to collect them again. This kept me from having to restart gathering and crafting tasks, but it's a terrible, terrible time-sink.

By way of comparison, in the old system I had 8 characters doing the following tasks:
    Crates of Precious Jewelry
    Corvee Labor
    Crates of Astral Diamonds
    Crates of various surplus equipment from: Artificing, Leatherworking, Mailsmithing, Platesmithing, Tailoring, Weaponsmithing

I had 5 characters doing the following tasks:
    Corvee Labor
    Crates of Astral Diamonds
    Crates of various surplus equipment from: Leatherworking, Mailsmithing, Platesmithing, Weaponsmithing
    Guard Clerics of Ilmater x2

I had four characters doing the following tasks:
    Corvee Labor

Corvee Labor and Astral Diamonds were repeated every three hours (assigned two Heroes). The rest of the tasks repeated every four hours (assigned one Hero/Grandmaster). I could reset the Labor and AD tasks in about 5 minutes across all 17 characters. The other tasks took 20 minutes to reset. In all, I spent about 2 hours per day dealing with professions.

As far as I'm concerned, this new system is a massive failure from the perspective of the amount of time required to deal with professions if you've got multiple characters doing multiple things. There are other aspects of this new system that I do not like, but this is - for me - far and away the worst part of this.