test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't open workshop delivery box

13»

Comments

• trickster61trickster61 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    thestia said:

For those suffering from being unable to access your delivery box, there is a workaround in the meantime.

/gensendMessage Deliverybox_Root show

This command brings up your delivery box, so you don't have to wait for the devs to come out with a fix. I skimmed the thread, and strangely, did not see this suggested.

This worked for me. I cleared all the items in the delivery box, and started my adventurers gathering new ones. Although I found it hasn't advanced the quest. The retainer keeps directing me to the Dispatch Board. A step closer though.
  • ofaplic#1044 ofaplic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have similar issue with my TR. Would it be possible to send the items to the character's mail... they have instituted this type of work around fix in Star Wars: The Old Republic. I don't think they would mind you guys using this method, I have seen some changes they have made that are similar your other systems here.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    thestia said:

For those suffering from being unable to access your delivery box, there is a workaround in the meantime.

This command brings up your delivery box, so you don't have to wait for the devs to come out with a fix. I skimmed the thread, and strangely, did not see this suggested.

That worked well for the "stuck at the dispatch board" bug, thank you. I'm going to add that to my ticket, and hope that they'll be able to help others in this situation as well.

Now i've to wait and see what else will go wrong in this damn workshop...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    @trickster61 @regenerde

I'm really happy that helped you. I don't think that the community should be left dangling while this gets fixed on the backend; the profession rework was a major selling point of the new mod and to have it non-functional for so many players for so many different reasons makes me quite sad.
  • sianekasianeka Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    thestia said:

@asterdahl Perhaps you can forward this command to your CS team so they can send it to people affected by this that aren't on the forums.

OMG!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! I love you thestia! This fixed my toon, resolved the problem!!! Cryptic Customer Service couldn't help, but you did!!!! Again, THANK YOU!! My delivery box was opened, I emptied it and canceled ongoing repeating tasks, and was able to finish the quest. Now I can play with this toon again!!!! And, I can now access my delivery box normally. And gather normally. THANK YOU!

(Info for Developers: the delivery box was full because of previous Jewelcraft quest task from old system, and two ongoing tasks for repeated gathering, since I didn't realize I was supposed to order only 1 item gathered, and was excited to start professioning and gathering materials. My toon is specialized in Tailoring, so I had a repeat Flax gathering quest to clog the delivery box...)

I will pass on the message to my Customer Service rep, and agree with thestia's suggestion that the Devs tell the CS team this workaround!!! Since it is likely, CS team won't listen to me, a player, and will only listen to a Developer.
  • syrvaughnsyrvaughn Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    thestia said:

@asterdahl Perhaps you can forward this command to your CS team so they can send it to people affected by this that aren't on the forums.

THANK YOU THESTIA!!! Was able to empty box and talk to retainer. Now waiting on collection to see if I can progress.

Now why the heck couldn't a developer or support person mention this to everyone?
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    sianeka said:

(Info for Developers: the delivery box was full because of previous Jewelcraft quest task from old system, and two ongoing tasks for repeated gathering, since I didn't realize I was supposed to order only 1 item gathered, and was excited to start professioning and gathering materials.

The issue is not that you set the task to repeat, or that you had old items. There was space and that should have been fine, the issue is that unfortunately the quest was looking for level 1-10 tasks to advance, so if you explicitly chose a higher level task because you had higher levels from the previous system, and then filled your box you could become stuck. I sincerely apologize for the trouble this has been causing.
    syrvaughn said:

Now why the heck couldn't a developer or support person mention this to everyone?

Technically the ability to run that command is in and of itself a bug and will be patched out in a future build. The customer service team can, however, fix the issue if you submit a ticket, and correctly advance your tutorial mission. They've been busy and have assisted a large number of players who have submitted tickets.

The underlying issue should be fixed in tomorrow's build. This will prevent the issue in the future and fix anyone currently stuck by allowing the mission to advance. Please note that if you run the /gensendmessage command and when the patch hits you have nothing in your box, you may need to run a gathering task in order to advance the mission correctly. (If you don't run the gen command, it should advance immediately upon logging in.)
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    @thestia, I add my name to the chorus of thanks. This bug has slowed or stopped my progress in the new mod in a dozen different ways.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I appreciate the fix. This stopped me from doing several things in the new mod on a character that is probably my current most played character.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • polleke26polleke26 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    Ty its working now! i can start profession now :)
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    @asterdahl, a member of my guild reports that his professions are still broken. The patch is not universally effective. Apparently his existing tasks will not complete even when he takes the items from his delivery box using the command. He could not open the box without the command.

• bethannaebethannae Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    The patch that fixed the delivery box worked for me. Thanks!
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    @asterdahl it didn't solve it for one of my characters :'(

I tried relogin and gathering new level 1 items but when I took the item from the box the quest did not advance
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    One of characters is still broken at this step, as well. It is my only character that had no levels in professions. So it was starting fresh from gathering level 1. I am still gathering things, but it will not advance the quest. I initially gathered Well Water, then I gathered Copper Ore. Neither moved the quest forward.
  • wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I logged in after today's patch, opened the delivery box and the delivery box tutorial popped up finally. I got credit for taking the item. It looks like this side issue is fixed.
    Post edited by wlinaz on
  • djtie#9784 djtie Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am in this situation... the command "/gensendMessage Deliverybox_Root show" does not stay open long enough to get any items out...