test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Too much stun in pvp?

superstevenshusuperstevenshu Member Posts: 187 Arc User
edited September 2018 in PvP Discussion
I was testing with OP 1v1 recently with my gwf and found that I get rooted/stunned every 5-10 seconds for 1-5 seconds. I believe the last boon from Chult/omu is too annoying in pvp. When enemy get hit there is chance to build a stack and at 10 stacks you will rooted for 4-6 seconds (the stacks are too easy to be build). Given how fast gwf can hit enemy. I was rooted like a dummy during he fight. Also I believe there is a power/fear from OP that can stun you constantly. If they have sandy pants and shadowclad enchantment slotted then there are 2 more sources of stun. How about remove chult boon completely and make the fight more consistent? Or is that really fun to stand there for 3 seconds every 5-10 seconds?

Comments

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Aura of Courage: Aura of Courage now also gives you and your allies 25% Control Resistance.
    Aura of Life: Aura of Life will now also place a Heal Over Time on the target for a total of 35% of the target's Hit Points.
    Aura of Truth: Aura of Truth will now also Daze any attacker for 1 second, 10% of the time.
    Aura of Protection: Aura of Protection will also increase you Divine Call by 1% every 3 seconds.
    Aura of Vengeance: Aura of Vengeance now has a 10% chance to damage enemies around the attacker.
    Aura of Wrath: Aura of Wrath also decreases the movement speed of enemies by up to 40% as your Hit Points diminish.
    Aura of Wisdom: Aura of Wisdom also adds 1% of total Action Points every 3 seconds in combat.
    Aura of Radiance: Aura of Radiance also adds some bonus threat to all enemies in range.
    Aura of Restoration: Aura of Restoration also increase Stamina regeneration by 10%.
    Aura of Solitude: Aura of Solitude also increases your Damage Resistance by 3%.
    Aura of Divinity: Aura of Divinity also restores 5% of the target's Stamina by 5% every 5 seconds.
    Aura of Valor: Aura of Valor also places a small Heal Over Time on nearby friends that are below 40% Hit Points.

???
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    but this is the only cc we have, and we cant use it when we want to, other classes have cc combined with their burst. CW will stun you before IK, gwf will prone you with daily before IBS and atwills, all OP has is some HAMSTER boon and mb Lion when he is rich. Meanwhile GF can take griffons ( 3 small stuns ), Bull charge ( gapclose with stun and konockback) Flourish ( stun ) Cresendo (stun+prone) so you get stunned 6 freaking times only for him to get his bullcharge back near the end.
    also, if you play gwf, wouldnt shadowclad be better? you ave cc immunity on tab when you need it and shadows invis can bail you out of big trouble.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Whatever else gets said in this thread... the topic title is 100 correct.

If you go to the PvP improvement posts you will always see mentioned that there are just way too many stuns, dazes, prones and other bits that make you completely unable to fight.

No-One in their right mind wants to go and play PvP and just be stunned and unable to fight... why people use perma-stuns against other people is beyond my minds grasp, they really might as well just go and fight training dummies as that is what they are turning people into.

PvP should be about Player FIGHTING another Player, not about who can pull out the most stuns and BS overpowered prones.

Get rid of ALL stuns and dazes in PvP, lower the amount of damage done by players and massively nerf healing by non-healing classes,

Control is fine by Control Wizards but no stuns or dazes, Roots are fine but again no need to stun or daze. Every class should have a CC break ability.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    i just think cc should be class specific, so no CC mounts,boons and items. and class cc should be changed, abilities with CC shouldnt deal insane dmg. CC should be timed with team instead of spaming tons of dmg cc nukes.

No game pvp is ballanced. It's impossible to achieve.
    Removing CC and healing would make non dps classes useless.
    If you think the stuns are bad.... tell me why you run full offensive stuff on your character?
    Let's face it, there are many alternative equips/rings/artifacts that grant you cc immunity/resistance etc.
    You're just thinking about doing DMG and solely that, that's why ''cc'' are owning you

No I never said remove healing... I said they should massivley nerf healing on classes that are not classed as Healers... so DC and Pally should be the only sources of decent healing. All other classes should have minimal healing at best.

I also stated that players are doing too much damage... so even if I was thinking about doing just damage I think all damage should be nerfed. At least with lower damage and less healing on non-healing classes there would be more fighting going on, not just stomping from the massively overpowered classes.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Just enjoying the huge irony of this thread.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    No matter if we talk about cc, selfheal, recovery, AP gain, burst, movement , deflection, etc.
    Powercreep and boons and drains and stupid gear breaks classes, some more, some less.
    I allways come to the end, that either devs strip PVP down to basic stats, gear and abilities (no daily chaining, no 100% deflectionchance etc.) or simply delete PVP.
    Strip it down, make it simple, disable boons, mounts, Insignia etc., afterwards balance classes.
    that would be dope, im sick of getting 1shot throught 3 shields and heal. but gotta make those 10shards/day amirite?
  • terylionterylion Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    lol Steven u cry about Stuns. Lol i thing they should remove from gwf fast moving, couse when i fight against gwf i cant catch him. So i hope they remove it to:):):):)
    terylion said:

lol Steven u cry about Stuns. Lol i thing they should remove from gwf fast moving, couse when i fight against gwf i cant catch him. So i hope they remove it to:):):):)

Many many MANY people cry about stuns dude... its half the reason PvP is so dead.

The shear volume of stuns/dazes/prones in the game does not make it Player Vs Player. If you think perma-stunning people to death is a good thing then there is no help for you.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    lol, i just say about stevens cry. Anyway, tell me how op should kill when he will be have no daze? or little stun? when u fight against gf than no one complain about stuns. why, if u have fight against good gf u stay with stun all the time. Op have only atwills to hit enemy. so, i must come close to anyone to make any dmg. so pls stop crying about op. in new module gwf will be have determination perhaps all the time, so...
    and ofcourse, withouth stuns pvp will be mutch better. but in this case, there will be no kills i guess, in that mechanic ofcourse.
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Yea too much stuns- bring back control to my CW and we can talk.
    ^^
    I have said it before but I have had it with this game now.

It has been a good 3 years... well most of it has been good. The last couple of mods and the next one coming have nothing in there I am interested in.

Mod 15 will destroy my 2 fav HR loadouts.... PvP Archer is going down the toilet, I cant even work out how much damage its going to lose its insane. Along with a damage nerf to the Trapper...

The Devs had a great idea in making AotS 3 stacks but lowering the damage... realise that maybe not such a good idea with ZERO explanation as to why, so making it 2 stacks again but kept the damage lowered. Massive Nerf for no reason that the Trapper did not need in the slightest.

I just tried PvP again in the current Mod and its at the worst state I have ever known it. The stuns and dazes are beyond a joke, I spent the ENTIRE game stunned I literally could fire off a couple of arrows in 10mins of play... I rage quit and I think I am at the end of my time with this game now.

Stuns, dazes and prones are the worst things added to this game and they just keep piling them up more and more each mod. CC resist stacks are completely useless as even with a Trans Elven you can just get stunned to deathn still.

My class mechanic of Rooting is now openly available to every single class as a Boon that absolutely nobody likes and was a terrible idea... I could go on and on as I am so unhappy that this gem of a game is no longer that.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @wdj40 said:
    > I have said it before but I have had it with this game now.
    >
    > It has been a good 3 years... well most of it has been good. The last couple of mods and the next one coming have nothing in there I am interested in.
    >
    > Mod 15 will destroy my 2 fav HR loadouts.... PvP Archer is going down the toilet, I cant even work out how much damage its going to lose its insane. Along with a damage nerf to the Trapper...
    >
    > The Devs had a great idea in making AotS 3 stacks but lowering the damage... realise that maybe not such a good idea with ZERO explanation as to why, so making it 2 stacks again but kept the damage lowered. Massive Nerf for no reason that the Trapper did not need in the slightest.
    >
    > I just tried PvP again in the current Mod and its at the worst state I have ever known it. The stuns and dazes are beyond a joke, I spent the ENTIRE game stunned I literally could fire off a couple of arrows in 10mins of play... I rage quit and I think I am at the end of my time with this game now.
    >
    > Stuns, dazes and prones are the worst things added to this game and they just keep piling them up more and more each mod. CC resist stacks are completely useless as even with a Trans Elven you can just get stunned to deathn still.
    >
    > My class mechanic of Rooting is now openly available to every single class as a Boon that absolutely nobody likes and was a terrible idea... I could go on and on as I am so unhappy that this gem of a game is no longer that.

I was upset when my class mechanic was given out to everyone also, via rings and enchantments players gained stealth.. slowly but surely everything that requires tactical planning in combat is getting stripped out of the game. Soon we all will just focus on power and damage and that will be that. Why? Someone always complains that some class has some ability that is not fair, then that ability gets nerfed. What's next DR? Deflection? Recovery? Lifesteal? Damage from defensive classes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    My stance on CCs in PVP is as follows:

I wouldn't mind seeing the chult root boon be disabled in PVP or at least toned down a lot. I tend to be against CC procs on items in PVP as well, there are too many of these items right now and they frequently stay bugged for prolonged periods of time after their release.

CCs that are part of classes I almost never take issue with, I like that these exist since they add more strategy to PVP and increase variety. This goes for all types of CCs that currently exist.

The issues with CCs in PVP typically stem from one of these 3 things: being able to spam your powers too often in general, bugs, and their being too many CC procs from items in the game.

SWs and GWFs also don't have enough CC counters compared to everyone else and the devs should update their defensive capabilities.

CWs should be better at CC than they currently are too, they literally have "control" in their name and besides repel, they don't do as good of a job with CCs in PVP as many other classes. They should be equal to the best CC builds in other classes or a little bit better.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    Just realized how old this thread is, looks like this was a necro thread.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    I did not step into PVP in mod 15 so far.
    Only curious to hear about Griffon, actually being spammed?
    Is it like being stunned x4 to death?

Just realized how old this thread is, looks like this was a necro thread.

Ha ha its not that old only a couple of months and it was only about 10 threads down from the top.

I saw no point in creating another thread for the same topic as the title :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    how about making CC resist actually work? as a pally i took all boons for CC res, feat that gives 10%, offhand bonus that gives 25% and i still get cc chained for 10s by SW, hadars grasp still lasts 5s+, CB still lasts 8s, prone still lasts same ammount, ( and everyone has lion ), repel is still the same distance. so the CC res doesnt even work on half the powers if not more. . . . .
    edited November 2018
    leonidrex said:

how about making CC resist actually work? as a pally i took all boons for CC res, feat that gives 10%, offhand bonus that gives 25% and i still get cc chained for 10s by SW, hadars grasp still lasts 5s+, CB still lasts 8s, prone still lasts same ammount, ( and everyone has lion ), repel is still the same distance. so the CC res doesnt even work on half the powers if not more. . . . .

Yup, I have taken every single boon that adds 5% shorter cc times... I have tried with Trans Elven equipped... I have 1400 Control Resist and AoE resist etc etc.

Still just stunned to death by most classes... HR, TR, SW, CW even GF can stun me for quite a long period etc. Its got to the point where even I had to make a stun-bot but still get stunned to death constantly as I cant fire off any powers most of the time. But I cannot stand stunning other players to death and I feel like a bad player for even doing it... So I dropped stuns again just out of fair play etc... Pointless and not worth even trying to play anymore.

If I hit someone I get stunned... If I take a hit I get stunned... If I am halfway across the map from any other player I get stunned.. If I turn the game on I get stunned.. It feels like it has got that bad.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Blame all the people who complained the cc resistance stacks were too strong when they were first being introduced.

Also blame the CC effects that are applied constatly for the duration instead of just when the power is used.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    In other games I played after a control effect ends or if the player is able to remove the control effect they get a temporary 3 second control immunity. This makes it so that the player cannot be controlled for a short time. I hate NWO PVP because there is no immunity after being controlled this results in a endless loop of a player being controlled when going against certain classes.

I would like to see all class have a class feature: Encounter, feat, daily, personal etc...that makes it easier for the class to get immunity or break free from control effects. If the class feature is feat or personal it should have a cool down of around 10 seconds. If it is a daily it should only require 25% of the player action points to release the player from control effect or 100% if it grants immunity to control effects for set duration.

Personally I rather see you get 2-3 of being controlled and than you have 2-3 seconds of immunity.

As for damage in PVP, it should be reduced by 50%; it would make PVP a lot more fun as we all would be doing less damage.
    leonidrex said:

U have completely right. Boons and things who give u CC resist not work. I try t. elven too, not work as well u want, couse ure too squeshy:P thats why the best enchant on the armor in pvp is shadowclad, couse stealth give u alot of survavibility.

To Devs. please rework boons for CC resist, or remove all boons, gear's what give, a rooted, Daze, control etc.