test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

mod 15 state of the hr

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
so for those of you playing a high end hr on pc. is anything standing out as really great for us now? is the archer worth playing? is there comparible damage output between combat and trapper or is combat still king? is the trapper buff hr really beneficial to have in a party over other classes? do people look for it when making parties?

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Pvp, not really much good. The standard trapper stunbot build hasn't changed beyond it's crappy damage getting slightly crappier. Archer viability still debatable.

Pve, combat stormwarden still one of the best dps choices in the game, trapper lagging even further behind than last mod imho, archery laughable.

Buffer build on par with mof cw as alternate buffer choice.

Basically 2 viable pve builds, zero viable pvp builds.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    The archery path is now worse than ever before. Losing a huge amount of critical chance from the nerf means one has to divert power stats to get it back to where it was. As people were mentioning in the feedback forums, standing still to boost ones damage is not viable in many situations, especially the very hardest content. On top of this, it seems that I am drawing more aggro from enemies, I don't know if this is because of the changes or not but something is forcing me to run for my life more. And it is definitely not because I am doing more damage, skirmishes like the Merchant I would normally be able to make it 2nd or 3rd in paingiver, now I am struggling to not be last on paingiver.

They basically nerfed an already weak class, this is beyond insulting. I cannot comprehend how they can target the weakest for nerfing and the strongest is ignored.
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User

The archery path is now worse than ever before. Losing a huge amount of critical chance from the nerf means one has to divert power stats to get it back to where it was. As people were mentioning in the feedback forums, standing still to boost ones damage is not viable in many situations, especially the very hardest content. On top of this, it seems that I am drawing more aggro from enemies, I don't know if this is because of the changes or not but something is forcing me to run for my life more. And it is definitely not because I am doing more damage, skirmishes like the Merchant I would normally be able to make it 2nd or 3rd in paingiver, now I am struggling to not be last on paingiver.

They basically nerfed an already weak class, this is beyond insulting. I cannot comprehend how they can target the weakest for nerfing and the strongest is ignored.

my only problem with stillness of the forst is, that it takes long HAMSTER time for the game to realize everything is dead, so even tho i killed everything, game consideres me in combat so when i move, i lose stacks. If that got fixed it would be awesome.
  • eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Was testing it today for pve. The stacks build up fast but the damage is still so low. Both the hybrid and full archery builds are atrocities. The only good thing I can say about is was when doing small test runs in cn, I could melt orcus in a few shots. Also even when I moved around in combat, many times stillness in the forest would stay at 6 stacks Don't know if that's a visual bug or an actual bug on how the power works .
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

well I don't think that's what they wanted to do (nerf an already weak class) but I think they didn't know what the hell they were doing and ended up doing that. lol. they stated they wanted to make archery viable. LOL. sad..
    edited November 2018
    well at least they did give us a new buff debuff path. i just wish they had actually made trapper and archery viable like I had the impression they wanted to do.

@jonkoca post your build sometime when yah get a chance would yah? feats that is.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    That loss of Crit due to the Stillness change is a pain to overcome.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    greywynd said:

That loss of Crit due to the Stillness change is a pain to overcome.

Urgh I can imagine... the thing is its not just 25% Crit that was taken away it was the 10% damage too... Not just that the synergy with Aspect of the Falcon and Off-Hand etc completely destroyed.

The changes have not happened on the xbox but I am still so annoyed about it.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • htsdiguin#6279 htsdiguin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Im a new player. Like, so new that I don't have any lvl 70 character and probably don undestand half of the end game mechanics (also i don't know the acronyms). Either way, my first character is a HR currently lvl 66. I was building it following my heart and ended up doing an archer full range build. turns out that after reading this sections I discovered that this kind of build is utterless trash, and i've seen some say that the best DPS build is the combat one. I dont know, tho, how to do this build or which skills to take, so can you guys please tell me how to build a combat HR? No need to explain spell rotations or how to play it and such, just the skills and talents (no acronyms please). Also, 2 more questions about the game in general: 1- Is it possible to change my current build without spending Zen, is something about the second loadout? 2- I can only get to the 4th graduation after spending 70 points, but then I'll have no more points to spend since the lvl caps at 70! so how can I upgrade any skill to the 4th graduation?
    I wanted to ask these things in a post of my own, but it seems i'm in a probation and I cant create posts...
    P.S. Sorry for english, it's not my first tongue and Google doesnt makes magic.
    There's a combat build in this forum a few threads down.
    edited November 2018
    Regarding archer for pvp, I'm currently grinding CR for hat and feet. Together they'll give me about another 4k crit, which should bring me up to a reasonable 70% critchance. Changed my u.vorp for a dread, though not sure if the 40% DR debuff works or not. And does anyone know if the bonus radiant damage from swift golden lion is any good..? Better than 4k arpen..?
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User

Im a new player. Like, so new that I don't have any lvl 70 character and probably don undestand half of the end game mechanics (also i don't know the acronyms). Either way, my first character is a HR currently lvl 66. I was building it following my heart and ended up doing an archer full range build. turns out that after reading this sections I discovered that this kind of build is utterless trash, and i've seen some say that the best DPS build is the combat one. I dont know, tho, how to do this build or which skills to take, so can you guys please tell me how to build a combat HR? No need to explain spell rotations or how to play it and such, just the skills and talents (no acronyms please). Also, 2 more questions about the game in general: 1- Is it possible to change my current build without spending Zen, is something about the second loadout? 2- I can only get to the 4th graduation after spending 70 points, but then I'll have no more points to spend since the lvl caps at 70! so how can I upgrade any skill to the 4th graduation?

I wanted to ask these things in a post of my own, but it seems i'm in a probation and I cant create posts...

You can earn more power points from experience overflow, but it is random, so you need to play a lot to eventually get all your power points. You can also buy them with zen.
    As for the respec you should have gotten a free one with this new module.

edited November 2018

here is the link to the combat build that was mentioned. if you can try reading thru the whole thread. there are a lot of great hints and suggestions.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1232934/pc-pve-combat-hr-guide/p1

as far as being able to respec without spending yes there are ways. do the quest the seer. I think knox or neverember gives it out. (but not sure) you'll get a bag from it and you can buy respec tokens with the currency from the quest. next month during the winter festival there will be a lot of great things dropping in the winter gifts. if you're not in a guild look for one to join. having a guild/alliance for winterfest for trading gifts is really important. both for not getting scammed and for ease of finding parties.

edit: also I don't know what platform you are on but if you're on pc you might want to have a load out for this build as well https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1243366/mod-15-buff-hr/p1

it will probably be of more use in party composition until you get geared up for higher level dungeons than you'd be able to get into as a dps.
    Thank you guys very much. I'm trying a combat build in my second load out and as soon as I get the chance I'll change the first from archer to trapper. But I must say that archer actually feels stronger to me, I like to see those big crits from aimed strike in archer. I suppose combat has a more sustained damage and overall the DPS will be bigger? Either way, I've discovered another big mistake that I've made. When I created the character I didnt reroll the specs until the DEX was set to max, now my DEX don't get to 30 (I think it's 26, but I'm not sure because I'm not ingame now). Some said to me that was better to put any AD that I have in the bank and delete this char, make a new one rerolling the stats until the RNG sets the DEX to max. Is it really necessary?
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Yes and no. If you've only just begun leveling your HR then it may be worth it to restart it to pick the right ability scores, but otherwise you can buy a race re-roll token instead.

Ability scores only have a small effect on your character so if you don't want to lose hours of gameplay and can't afford a token I'd say the best thing to do is to leave them as they are.

The most useful abilities for a HR are DEX and CHA. So if your race lets you choose a second stat, pick CHA if possible.

You can find more info here : https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Ability_Score as well as in my HR guide, linked below.
  • typo#6563 typo Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    As far as Archery builds, based the disappointing results reported in comments above, it sounds like pure archery is even less viable than before. So my hybrid archery build is probably going to be a better option for anyone who really really wants to be an archer. It does not rely on Stillness of the Forest, so no concern about stacks. I probably will need to make some adjustments related to Mod 15, but for the most part it should remain very similar. Given that stacks are not working well for Stillness, I can probably continue to make fun of that feat too! Stay tuned for an update!

http://bit.ly/Yarrows-Hybrid-Archery-Build
    Extraneous Typo

the race reroll tokens are going to be 40 or 50 percent off during this sale. might be worth it just to spend a couple bucks if you don't have ad and buy it.
    ibemin0x said:

@artifleur he should roll for WIS first until he caps on crit then CHA is the way to go. u only build cb adv later in game since he is just starting WIS is best. he can focus on CHA later in game when he reaches close to 100% crit. i did it like that and it went fine lol. as of now im 34 DEX 18 CHA and 20 WIS. cb adv is good but it gives diminishing returns after a point. i slot pack that plus combatants maneuver 1700 cb adv plus the bonus CHA gives and boons i think im over capped eheheh but had to do it because WIS is a waste when u cap crit

You are right but it's not worth the cost of a race re-roll token.

What he should do is roll stats for max DEX, pick class bonus for DEX and CHA and then allocate the extra points you get for leveling to WIS. This way he will only need a retraining token, which is a lot cheaper, to reset his points in WIS into CHA.
    @artifleur @ibemin0x Okay, first what is cb adv?, second, i`ll be able to buy a race re-roll, maybe even the one with the draconate race. Is it any worth ?. When I use the race re-roll I`ll be able to keep re-rolling the base stats until i get 18-13-13-10-10-8?
    Combat advantage. Cha helps.

@artifleur @ibemin0x Okay, first what is cb adv?, second, i`ll be able to buy a race re-roll, maybe even the one with the draconate race. Is it any worth ?. When I use the race re-roll I`ll be able to keep re-rolling the base stats until i get 18-13-13-10-10-8?

(18-13-13-10-10-8) yes. Make a dragonborn if you like the look, you get +2 DEX and CHA and 3% power and critical strike. Halfling and Drow can also take +2 DEX and CHA. Drow adds a small debuff on top. Pick a race that visually suits you, it isn't such a big deal.
    ibemin0x said:

well, aspect of the pack grants you combat advantage at all times and that makes your hits higher. CHA focus on companion stat and Combat adv dmg percentile so in later game, when u cap crit or get close to cap it, CHA is the way to go, especially when u use combatants maneuver mount power. at some point combat adv dmg will be better than crits, plain and simple. @artifleur true that... but i was forgetting something lol i was still using duelist cloak switched to exec cloak for the +2 CHA nd DEX now my CHA is even higher ehehehe. i did it after i responded to OP. how didnt i do it before well i dont know =) but im glad i did it yeah i mean race reroll allows u to re do ur char entirely so

You know what? I'm still wearing a company duelist cloak too. O.O I'll have to change it ASAP. Thanks for telling me.
    edited November 2018
    I kinda suck as pve dps bot tbh. My toon has always been focussed as pvp.

So you guys have feytouched, skirmishers gambit for the critsev, and as much cha as you can get right..? And the combat adv pet too..? How much combat advantage critsev do get..? And how much critsev in total with everything up..?

I'll respecc my combat loadout too. What's this 'exec cloak'..? Nvm. found it.
    Post edited by jonkoca on
    jonkoca said:

So you guys have feytouched, skirmishers gambit for the critsev, and as much cha as you can get right..? And the combat adv pet too..? How much combat advantage critsev do get..? And how much critsev in total with everything up..?

Yes, yes, yes and yes (if you mean razorwood).

Unless I forgot something, I have 138% crit severity and 62% combat advantage.
    Cheers, I'll respecc a bit. Feytouched will have to wait though. I have a U.dread on for pvp. And I'm a poor HR.
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Cheers, I'll respecc a bit. Feytouched will have to wait though. I have a U.dread on for pvp. And I'm a poor HR.

crit severity pets are bad, razerwood is the only good one, % dmg ones are better like air,earth archons or siege master
    I've got all the other stuff, just not the feytouched. I'll save up some guild marks for the cha cloak.