test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The worst bugs and design issues of mod 15

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
edited November 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
Module 15 is suffering from a number of problems, and while it is not the complete and utter disaster that Mod 6 was, it is still bad enough to hurt the game more than it helps.

Of course, some bugs and questionable design issues are always to be expected. Players know that, and expect most of the issues to be fixed eventually, but considering the small size of Mod 15, the number of issues is way beyond what anyone expected - it is clear that the module was rushed into release before it was tested sufficiently.

Let's just look at some of the issues:
  • "Full delivery box". This is a "showstopper" bug. It basically happens when you fill up your delivery box before you reach the point in the quest chain where you can take anything from it. This is more likely to happen if you did not clear your 9 profession tasks before downloading Mod 15, and when you send your gatherers out the first time, you tell them to collect something like "as many Flax as possible". Your box will fill up, and you cannot empty it. Sure, if you tell them to go and gather just one copper ore, you will be fine, but not everyone does that. As a result, you have a number of frustrated players unable to proceed in professions. What is particularly annoying is that this was reported as a showstopper back in Preview....and not fixed in time for release.
  • "Full inventory bug". This is another showstopper for anyone starting a new character - new players and those leveling up one or two new characters to take advantage of the current event. You just get stuck, unable to get get the final rewards from the Clockwork tower quest, and for a new player something like this may lead them to dismiss the game as buggy HAMSTER..."10 hours of my life I am not getting back".
  • "The Callum issue". This is more like the typical bug one would expect to see ... something that requires a specific set of circumstances (in this case, picking a specific retainer for a male character)...annoying, but understandable how something like that was not caught by the limited QC. It's strange that it was not found on Preview, but maybe everyone either just used female crafters or picked some other retainer - I did at least, just didn't realize that the differences between the retainers were anything but cosmetic.
  • "The alchemist flood". I really cannot consider this anything but a bug, when for most players the majority of random applications they get are for alchemists. Eventually you will get applications for other professions, of course, but maybe only after you have rejected or fired every alchemsist from the pool. Anyhow, this is frustrating - either a bug or a really bad design decision.
  • "Overpriced applicants". Now, you can trade in your old assets, and use the credit to get new ones. However, unlike the 9 "free" ones you get in exchange for the slots you had unlocked, you have no control over what you get, and more likely than not you will end up having to fire them, wasting your credits. This is not a bug - it is clearly working as intended, so I'll classify this just as a really bad design decision.
  • "Why upgrade?". Getting the workshop to rank 3 is easy, but rank 4 is an entirely different matter (unless you did it on the very first day before certain things were changed). The problem, however, is that there is no real benefit to spending all that effort on the upgrade. Sure, you cget a few more slots in the delivery box, but due to the limited number of tasks you can run at once, that's not really a big benefit. Yes, you do have a higher chance of getting applications from purple workers, but it seems most of those are overpaid divas with +150% commission cost or something like that. A significant effort with no clear benefit is an example of a bad design.
  • "Getting the eggs". Many players got stuck on not being able to turn in the egg quest, but fortunately there was a workaround for that one...just watch all the cutscenes in full, so this was only a minor annoyance.. Still, something like this should never have gotten through testing.
  • "80/100" People are getting stuck, not being able to reach the weekly limit for the new campaign the first week, which is a prime example of a bad design. Yes, you can get the additional 20 from the box, but that's only for a single character - it does not apply to alts. In theory, you can earn the remaining 20 if you random queue and happen to end up in the new skirmish, but the chances for that are low. So, again, bad design.
  • "The +5" rings. The drop rate for the +5 rings seems indeed to have been increased nicely. However, even something as simple as this comes with flaws. Half of the +5 rings are not really feasible for most players. In the past they would have been salvage fodder, but now, unlike epic rings, well, you cannot convert the +5 legendary rings to RP, just sell them for a pitiful amount of gold. Also, while the drop rate of +5 riings from hunts does indeed seem to have been increased, people do not report a corresponding increase in +5 drop rate from Fane. If that's correct, I don't consider that fair.
  • Assorted small issues reported on preview, but not fixed. People reported a number of minor things (like incorrect exchange value for Crucibles) on Preview, and they were not fixed in time for release or even in the first patch. This really discourages people from trying to help tracking down bugs.
So, yes. too many bugs and bad design decisions...and two "showstopper" issues still present. I really hope the developers were working overtime during the weekend to fix those.
Hoping for improvements...

Comments

• sianekasianeka Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Wholeheartedly agree! I am one of the victims of the very first item listed, and it is indeed a gamestopper. I cannot do professions at all with my bugged character. And the latest response I've gotten from submitting a ticket is "Gee, this looks like a bug. Please report it in-game and on the forum." Which of course, I already knew (I'd even TOLD THEM it was a known bug before I got this response) and I'd already done the reporting stuff.

Nothing at all in the response about when there might be a fix, or something I can do to get this resolved.

How more unhelpful can the customer service even be????
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    It seems that the devs have created artisans in their image and likeness.
    Unfortunately, this conclusion comes to me after a week of torment with mod 15
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    "Overpriced applicants". Now, you can trade in your old assets, and use the credit to get new ones. However, unlike the 9 "free" ones you get in exchange for the slots you had unlocked, you have no control over what you get, and more likely than not you will end up having to fire them, wasting your credits. This is not a bug - it is clearly working as intended, so I'll classify this just as a really bad design decision.

Disagree; zen-store price is 250000 AD.
    so pack for 200000 cred is fair (atm ad/cred ratio is 1/1).

Can't control? You can choose which profession to apply, plus artisans are at max lvl already.

"Why upgrade?". Getting the workshop to rank 3 is easy, but rank 4 is an entirely different matter (unless you did it on the very first day before certain things were changed). The problem, however, is that there is no real benefit to spending all that effort on the upgrade. Sure, you cget a few more slots in the delivery box, but due to the limited number of tasks you can run at once, that's not really a big benefit. Yes, you do have a higher chance of getting applications from purple workers, but it seems most of those are overpaid divas with +150% commission cost or something like that. A significant effort with no clear benefit is an example of a bad design.

Rank 4 gives epic applicants and 6 more slots, as mentioned above, 5000000 is a fair price for the opportunity to hire Epics.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • morbidredstarmorbidredstar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The inventory full bug has quests broken in all zones. The clockwork quest is just the first in order. Oh and the foundry quests are affected by it to.
  • sykatrixsykatrix Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    As for +5 rings (and indeed epic (+3 & +4) rings (and other unusable epic gear) dont convert to RP or sell for gold if you are a guild member, donating for guild marks is a much better return, if u have a new toon to take advantage of the recruitment event, pass the gear to be donated to the new toon - this is particularly important for new HR toons.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

The inventory full bug has quests broken in all zones. The clockwork quest is just the first in order. Oh and the foundry quests are affected by it to.

I have heard a claim that is just the Graveyard quest chain that is broken. If you abandon that, quests in other zones will work normally. I cannot confirm this, as I have no character affected by the bug.

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    My understanding of the +5 rings drop changes was on hunts only this means no increase to the +5 ring from Fane or Treasure Maps, making the two most sought after rings in the game have no change to their drop rate.
    edited November 2018

My understanding of the +5 rings drop changes was on hunts only this means no increase to the +5 ring from Fane or Treasure Maps, making the two most sought after rings in the game have no change to their drop rate.

I am afraid you may be right, yes.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

5) The campaign seems short, I dont care for it, but it is not terrible.

6) The skirmish, too basic for my liking but is ok.

7) Sinks, if you really are surprised that more sinks are being added then where have you been for the last year?

All in all this mod is low on content that I want but professions were boring and gave too much benefit for a few clicks so perhaps they needed changed, and everything else is a little good or a little bad without being anywhere near the level of hate that something like the abomination of random queues still is and still gets.

This is where I disagree with you. The new campaign is absolutely disgusting and I loathe it with a passion only two missions in. Not even going to try and do the rest, that is how much I hate it.
    And the RQ system is nowhere near as bad as this and most of its issues are rooted in player behavior, i.e. people who have no HAMSTER manners, rather than the system or content.
    So yeah, I hate this campaign and the new profession system is not one I'm ever going to be fond of either, though if they could have been bothered fixing the show stopping bugs in it before they dropped it on us, I might have found it tolerable.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    edited November 2018

...and for this reason alone is not that bad.

"...not that bad..." Well, you are right, but isn't it a bit sad when the expectations are so low that the best thing we can say about some new content is something like "it's not that bad ... at least it will be over quickly".

I mean, that's like you are talking about a visit to the dentist.
    Post edited by adinosii on
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    @adinosii Personally I'd prefer half a dozen visits to my dentist over running this campaign. At least my dentist is polite and I can get sedation(?) for the worst of it.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    ilithyn said:

sedation(?)

Yes, that is correct.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Add Lingering Death Temp HP in in Tomb not working as a major bug. Given the lack of rewards and oblique mechanics in CR, T9G is still the standard farming dungeon. There isnt even any rhyme or reason to this based on the patch notes. Nothing was documented here AFAIK.

Also, I've seen a lot of people complaining about chests not opening in many dungeons.

Not specifically part of the module release, but a botched attempt to stop XP farming has now led to Illusionist's Gambit being pulled.
    Post edited by pitshade on
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Also, I've seen a not of people complaining about chests not opening in many dungeons.

This is a major issue, actually. Every time my wife and I run a dungeon, only one of us can get the chest. Whichever one of us is first to open it gets the loot. The other one gets HAMSTER.

"Why upgrade?". Getting the workshop to rank 3 is easy, but rank 4 is an entirely different matter (unless you did it on the very first day before certain things were changed). The problem, however, is that there is no real benefit to spending all that effort on the upgrade. Sure, you cget a few more slots in the delivery box, but due to the limited number of tasks you can run at once, that's not really a big benefit. Yes, you do have a higher chance of getting applications from purple workers, but it seems most of those are overpaid divas with +150% commission cost or something like that. A significant effort with no clear benefit is an example of a bad design.

Rank 4 gives epic applicants and 6 more slots, as mentioned above, 5000000 is a fair price for the opportunity to hire Epics.

Not true. Rank 4 does not "give" you epic artisans. It gives you a small CHANCE for epic artisans, in the order of 7-10%. You may as well get blue and white, as before.

pitshade said:

Also, I've seen a not of people complaining about chests not opening in many dungeons.

This is a major issue, actually. Every time my wife and I run a dungeon, only one of us can get the chest. Whichever one of us is first to open it gets the loot. The other one gets HAMSTER.
    A bug has already been reported that being in pt, only one person can open the chests.
    Temporary workaround is to leave pt before receiving the rewards.
    Or adding friends only to que.

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    mushellka said:

Not true. Rank 4 does not "give" you epic artisans. It gives you a small CHANCE for epic artisans, in the order of 7-10%. You may as well get blue and white, as before.

Please don't ignore: "opportunity to hire" (chance/possibility).
    I already have 2 Epics from WS4 (at maximum level).
    Ofc, WS4 gives not only Epics; who need only Epics? not all of them - BiS.

I apologize for not being word-perfect in English.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    On the day when the mod 15 drops on live, I made a test 100 artisans from the "Professions Artisan Recruitment" package. The result was not satisfactory. Overall, I got 12 different artisans (who repeated up to 15 times the same) including 3 epic artisans (one of them, repeating 5 times, I also received him a live :) ) Generally, I found that, the drop is embarrassing. The chance for a good artisan (not just an epic, but in general) is poorly small.