test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 15 - No Salvage so what now?

Just did my first dungeon run since M15 dropped so now I have some gear from the chess that is, well, its garbage since all gear is garbage outside the latest campaign.

First question, should I reroll till I get other stuff instead of gear?
Second, if I do get gear, what do I do with it, just refine for the measly 150 RP?

Thanks.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    Use it/Refine to RP/Donate to coffer/Sell it for gold.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

Can't be sold for gold, tried it. Frankly I figured that was what they would switch to since they are now charging gold for professional work.... for reasons. Nope.
  • jandemannjandemann Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User

Can't be sold for gold, tried it. Frankly I figured that was what they would switch to since they are now charging gold for professional work.... for reasons. Nope.
    Honestly, drops that used to have AD, should be able to be sold for gold now......totally disappointed by this.....give us the choice of turning it into RP or GOLD......thanks
    Angry Inch lvl 70 OP and his NOT SO merry band of other Angry Campfire Hero toons
    Starks Alliance
  • lucadamingolucadamingo Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I haven't seen a good "upgrade" since like 2012.I probably lost 100 million on this.
    edited November 2018
    For my way to get rAD, it is for sure to be less rAD than before for doing the same thing.
    There may be other way that is the same or better but I don't do those.
    I personally do not care too much but if I do what I did, it is less than from before.

For the gold part, for whatever perception people views, it is good for me so far. I have been selling and the profit is pretty good.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    i wish we could somehow refine bad gear to upgrade it to an almost bis level for interesting builds .. too bad, and they don't even give relevant rp
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I thought once they removed the salvage, the plan would be to remove the BtA on those purple epic armors. Then we could sell them in the AH. This makes the Barovian hunts even less desirable than ever. Since my characters have their epic armors, I don't need to hunt anymore. This takes away the purpose of collecting the Tarroka Cards other than composing the one artifact deck. Which I made 2 decks already. As I plan to mostly return to unfinished campaigns, Barovia seems to be completed once you are done collecting your boons and armor. That really is too bad, Ravenloft was the best mod they ever made.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User

I thought once they removed the salvage, the plan would be to remove the BtA on those purple epic armors. Then we could sell them in the AH. This makes the Barovian hunts even less desirable than ever. Since my characters have their epic armors, I don't need to hunt anymore. This takes away the purpose of collecting the Tarroka Cards other than composing the one artifact deck. Which I made 2 decks already. As I plan to mostly return to unfinished campaigns, Barovia seems to be completed once you are done collecting your boons and armor. That really is too bad, Ravenloft was the best mod they ever made.

besides bis armor everything would be worth barely 1 or 2k anyway

it's the classic poor revamp management
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    pfft I am getting nowhere near the 100k before.

I ask how peeps be doing this and get vague answers about "dungeons, weeklies, dailies..." but it doesnt stack anywhere near 100k for me.

The professions system is nothing more than a thinly disguised gold and AD sink

The new Mod quests are terrible.

Now VIP doesnt give EPic Dungeon Keys either?

Really this is becoming a game quitting mod
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited November 2018

I ask how peeps be doing this and get vague answers about "dungeons, weeklies, dailies..." but it doesnt stack anywhere near 100k for me.

Well, then you are doing something wrong, or just not doing enough. Play for one day, make a note of your income, and maybe we can see what the problem is.

The professions system is nothing more than a thinly disguised gold and AD sink

Gold sink, yes, but not an AD sink if you use it correctly...and you can still make a really nice bit of AD from it...and you can even make a decent bit of gold from it, so.....

The new Mod quests are terrible.

No argument there.

Now VIP doesnt give EPic Dungeon Keys either?

They don't need keys any more. VIP gives reroll tokens instead. This allows you to maximize the value of the drops you get.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    ^^ Thanks :)

I have found out that some of the chests are bugged, hence my lack of rAD from the dungeon chests.

Otherwise, thank you for your input, genuinely appreciated amigo
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

I have found out that some of the chests are bugged, hence my lack of rAD from the dungeon chests.

Ah, yea, sorry, forgot about that...yea, that's an issue right now..should hopefully get fixed soon.

Hoping for improvements...

pfft I am getting nowhere near the 100k before.

For before mod 15, I only had 2 major rAD income. Salvage and XP reward. I made sure all my rAD income could use 50% AD bonus. I didn't do RQ (that made this harder than most people who did). I did weeklies and certain dailies. They gave currency that would end up as salvage. I also play 6 characters. Hence, their weeklies and dailies were 6 times. I didn't earn 100k everyday but I earned large volume of rAD in burst (need to accumulate AD bonus) and it could be 100K per day "in average".

Now, in mod 15, there is no salvage but the currency can be exchanged to rAD (not as good as salvage before).
    adinosii said:

Gold sink, yes, but not an AD sink if you use it correctly...and you can still make a really nice bit of AD from it...and you can even make a decent bit of gold from it, so.....

How do you make gold from professions? I asked this specific question in another thread and did not get a clear answer. They mentioned created gold ingots but do you sell those on the vendor market? From the looks there you get very little return for selling anything.

• mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    All professions except Alchemy and Gathering have items that you can craft and turn a profit.

All professions except Alchemy and Gathering have items that you can craft and turn a profit.

But how do you get gold, aka, its a gold sink, where is the gold fount?
  • lingling#2268 lingling Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    > @spunkmeier said:
    > I saw this thread mentioned in another site and want to add that the amount of rAD I have been getting is the same or more than the amount it was previously with no need to mess about with salvaging. I like this.
    >
    > There is a random element to it now, have seen it as low as 4.8k up to 11.5k, and the higher numbers are what I assume would have been 2x armour in the old system while the lower are 2x rings or 1x armour.
    >
    > The item drops are better too and even better still with rerolls.
    >
    > The amount of rp that is dropping has also increased a lot and is going to kill the rp market on the AH but that is a topic for another thread.
    >
    > Unlike the others I am very happy with the changes as I am making a lot more than I was in the last mod. Better still is that there is no salvaging hassle in getting the rAD now. Not having to salvage saves time, and I assume not having to visit a salvage anvil is better for players without VIP as it saves them a couple of jumps and the ride to/from the gate.
    >
    > On the gold point, now that you are getting the rAD direct and masses of rp you can sell all the items you get for 34 silver so gold should not really be a problem.
  • lingling#2268 lingling Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Double XP is currently in effect...so cut those earnings in half when it's over. I agree though, salvaging was a pain, but there is no way this model earns rAD at the same rate. Maybe with double XP on....maybe.

As far as gold being an issue, I agree, on my existing characters, I don't see a problem being able to sustain it...on new characters, it is slower going but doable.

Double XP is currently in effect...so cut those earnings in half when it's over. I agree though, salvaging was a pain, but there is no way this model earns rAD at the same rate. Maybe with double XP on....maybe.

As far as gold being an issue, I agree, on my existing characters, I don't see a problem being able to sustain it...on new characters, it is slower going but doable.

Double XP is not currently in effect.