test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please get rid of crafted keys,

feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
In the preview notes for the new mod, we were promised an end to the pointless drudgery of crafted keys. Chests would simply open, we were told, and our saved keys would be good for re-rolls only. Hallelujah, we cried with one voice. Now, we find that we are oppressed with even more crafted keys than before, and the old chests still require the same crafted keys, requiring the same pointless grinding of campaigns we finished long ago.

Please just make chests open.
Crafted keys are a waste of time if we've run out of long-saved campaign currency, and a waste of currency for characters that are still leveling.
They're just a nuisance, and we have plenty of bugs to worry about if we want nuisances in the game (though, of course, we don't).

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited November 2018

In the preview notes for the new mod, we were promised an end to the pointless drudgery of crafted keys. Chests would simply open, we were told, and our saved keys would be good for re-rolls only. Hallelujah, we cried with one voice. Now, we find that we are oppressed with even more crafted keys than before, and the old chests still require the same crafted keys, requiring the same pointless grinding of campaigns we finished long ago.

Please just make chests open.
    Crafted keys are a waste of time if we've run out of long-saved campaign currency, and a waste of currency for characters that are still leveling.
    They're just a nuisance, and we have plenty of bugs to worry about if we want nuisances in the game (though, of course, we don't).

When did they say that there will be no crafted keys?

They only talked about "Standard/Epic/Daily keys will be no more. " That was pretty specific.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Whatever. Crafted keys were always a bad idea, right up there with adventure packs and fishing.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    If you've run out of resources to craft keys, that's your fault. Campaign keys are fine the way they are. Especially since they added more like the Bramble Key.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    crafted keys give you on 2n chest for about 12k rad(1st try or you can reroll) +normal free key chest around 8k-9k rad and you want to get rid of it lol this is one of the best stuff they implemented to roll and rewards. @nitocris83 maybe put some campaign currencies pack on zen shop/wondorus bazaar(ad drain idea).
    greywynd said:

If you've run out of resources to craft keys, that's your fault. Campaign keys are fine the way they are. Especially since they added more like the Bramble Key.

Weirdly, the need for resources to craft them is, in fact, part of the reason I find them objectionable. It's as if you read my post and then for some reason felt obliged to simultaneously criticize it and explain it without ever having understood it. Please just shut up.
    No. It was fairly clear. You don't want to run old content to collect what is necessary to craft keys. Fine. Don't. But don't complain because the chests still require those keys you can't be bothered to make.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • constantmule#4943 constantmule Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    hell my keys never even turned into re-rolls..they are just gone
  • arailem#1581 arailem Member Posts: 47 Arc User

Weirdly, the need for resources to craft them is, in fact, part of the reason I find them objectionable. It's as if you read my post and then for some reason felt obliged to simultaneously criticize it and explain it without ever having understood it. Please just shut up.

Ah yes, the "I don't like it and if you don't agree, you can stfu" schtick.

That was cute and adorable in like 2nd grade.

I don't like the need to have resources on hand to make keys either, and I don't like the notion of needing components to refine gear either.

But I suck it up and deal instead of acting like an entitled baby on the forums.
    Sunshine SaltmineIs only game, why you have to be so buttmad?
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    it would be cool if they lower the cost to make keys, since those chest pulling are still weak cheapass. i can see why Op still upset since it take lot of time and investment with old currencies to make them, and long cooldown timers. we need to make worth the run.
    remove any greens and blues from champaign chests, we all tired of getting ripped off by bad low grade loots.

Ah yes, the "I don't like it and if you don't agree, you can stfu" schtick.

That was cute and adorable in like 2nd grade.

I don't like the need to have resources on hand to make keys either, and I don't like the notion of needing components to refine gear either.

But I suck it up and deal instead of acting like an entitled baby on the forums.
    I look forward to the day when you realize that not wanting to waste one's time for imaginary rewards in an imaginary world is not, in fact, a sign of laziness or immaturity.
    greywynd said:

No. It was fairly clear. You don't want to run old content to collect what is necessary to craft keys. Fine. Don't. But don't complain because the chests still require those keys you can't be bothered to make.

Someday you will understand that standing up for every time-wasting, low-reward aspect of a video game is a sign of badly misplaced misplaced priorities.

hell my keys never even turned into re-rolls..they are just gone

Re-roll tokens are with "Other Currency" on your riches tab.

Someday you will understand that standing up for every time-wasting, low-reward aspect of a video game is a sign of badly misplaced misplaced priorities.

Someday you'll realize you are just one voice and not necessarily the loudest. Just because you don't like a thing does not mean that thing is broken.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Someday you'll realize you are just one voice and not necessarily the loudest. Just because you don't like a thing does not mean that thing is broken.
    greywynd said:

Just because you have enuff time to grind out 14 campaign currencies at the same time, doesn't mean it's not broken. Trying to run 3 - 5 quests in just 2 zones per day, on top of the new mod changes has me feeling fine*.

* Fouled-up, intense, neurotic and emotional

Just because you have enuff time to grind out 14 campaign currencies at the same time, doesn't mean it's not broken. Trying to run 3 - 5 quests in just 2 zones per day, on top of the new mod changes has me feeling fine*.

* Fouled-up, intense, neurotic and emotional

I don't grind it all out across all the campaigns. I collect what I need when I need it and do what I want the rest of the time.
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    Rather have a free chest and an extra reward like the key chest for those of us who have the campaign currency, its not broken and won't kill u not to open the chest. Nor is it needed, its the same way it was before when we didn't have 2 chests in some dungeons. One chest at the end just u have an extra one now for additional rewards, ur still getting wat u worked for
    Not to mention, gathering to make a key isn't all that onerous. Unless you run each and every dungeon every day.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    It would seem that OP does not wish to debate this, and would like people who disagree with him to "please shut up", so the thread is closed.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.