test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Too many alchemist applicants

wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
edited November 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
I've started to receive applications from potential workers, but there are some problems. I had all professions level 70 before updated and all of them the first alchemy mastercraft quest complete, but some other mastercraft quests as well.

For some reason almost all applications I get on all characters are alchemists. Very rarely (about 1/15) I get something different. This happen even on character that has all profession at mastercraft tier 2/3. That character also receives almost exclusively alchemists.

I would like the profession applications to be more random than it is now. I suspect the random generator is broken for applicant selection and biased to alchemists. I'm very worried about it as rare and epic applicant are supposed to be very rare, so I'll unlikely have a chance to get anything beyond alchemists.

Also, when I decline application, the person very often reapply but with different level immediately in the same application stack. And I if I send those alchemists off, I do not want them to reapply for several days at least.
Post edited by wisper2048 on

Comments

• miramolinmiramolin Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Exactly the same problem here. Alchemy, alchemy, alchemy - where are the tailors? (And the candle-stick makers.)
  • ostwind#7700 ostwind Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    This. Please fix this. Thank you.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Same here.
  • shoziku222shoziku222 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I guess this is great if you do Alchemy, but I had more max level professions I'd like to get back to using but it's impossible to make my army of alchemists do anything else. This Heart of Failure mod is the worst.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    This is a known issue that will be fixed in an upcoming build (no ETA at this time, may not be the next patch).
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    You have "4" new applications. Most of the time the same guy applied twice with different levels. I was so impressed to see today a blue non alchemist. I almost hired him even though he had +200% comission and some speed decrease. This is probably a way to make those lame artisans more enticing, even though they suck (hey, +2132% commission, -99% speed, Non-alchemist!!!!! woohooo).

What would be nice is to have a system where players can test the new module and report these types of bugs before implementing things on the live version. That way there would be time to fix the bigger bugs before they affect actual game progress... oh wait