test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auto pick up is just stupid and not needed.

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Even if one does not have VIP, unbound scrolls in the AH from VIPs are dirt cheap.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    Hmm.... that new feature is horrible - for me that is. I have a few friends who - if that would be possible - could took every plant from Chult :D - the hoarders you know:D - any way what is a superb solution for them is horrible for not hoarders.

Dear devs - any chance to add on/off option to that feature?
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    I dunno about the feature being stupid and not needed- I can certainly see why some people would be a fan, but I really believe it should have been implemented as an OPTION. I don't want to deal with micromanaging space in my inventory due to picking up every piece of loot in my path. That's lead to me running around like a drunken bee trying to avoid loot, which is silly.

If I want to pick something up, I will. Please let us have the option to toggle off this feature.
  • heavensake#5599 heavensake Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    It is hard to believe that so many do refine green gear and think it is so great. it will take 99 pieces of green gear to give you around a 1400 AD profit if scrolls are not bound. As you can buy a stack (99) of peridots for 4800 AD and sell 99 scrolls for 3400 AD. That just seems like a lot of work for such a little gain. Now figure how many stacks of peridots or level 70 green gear i need to upgrade. It really is hardly worth the effort better off running heroics in the well of dragons or icewind dale.

Then someone claimed it only takes 5 seconds to sort and empty bag. How can that be when it takes 5 seconds to have to stop what i am doing. Then i have to open bag save some time but not hitting the identify all then drag junk out then go on about my way. In general it consumes at least 30 seconds if not longer now figure having to do this every 5 to 10 minutes. It all gets very old very fast when all i was wanting to do is farm campaign currency to make keys, run heroics or do hunts for items or gear i do want.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Walking over items and picking them up is one of the best innovations to the system. It took me so much time having to press on each individual item whenever they drop, and sometimes I'd have to click several times because of lag and whatnot. My fingers would become sore from pressing the Pickup button.

Right now I just pass over the item and it is so silky smooth!

I understand that this might be an issue to the people who do not want anything cluttering their bag slots, and for this developers might incorporate a way to pick up only blue+ items and leave green and below to people who actually do collect them (like I do each time).

I have only words of praise for the new system, but then again I do have all runic bags because if you want to play this game properly, you need to invest a bit in mount/bags.

Bags were the first thing I invested in and it was the best investment ever.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    edited November 2018

It is hard to believe that so many do refine green gear and think it is so great. it will take 99 pieces of green gear to give you around a 1400 AD profit if scrolls are not bound. As you can buy a stack (99) of peridots for 4800 AD and sell 99 scrolls for 3400 AD. That just seems like a lot of work for such a little gain. Now figure how many stacks of peridots or level 70 green gear i need to upgrade. It really is hardly worth the effort better off running heroics in the well of dragons or icewind dale.

Your "if scrolls are not bound" is the issue.

Bound scrolls are in near-infinite supply for anyone with VIP. Almost nobody uses more than 25 per day every day. So all that green gear is "a free Peridot", costing you literally nothing to get.

(Oh, and: If green and blue gear stopped dropping tomorrow and never dropped again and ID scrolls became useless, I'd be happy with that, too - that way my green-stuff autopickup would be getting Black Pearls instead of 3-click-Peridots. But as long as I can't tell if something is a Black Pearl or a Stupid Armor Of Whatever without interacting with it, autopickup and 3-click-trash is a great addition.)

Then someone claimed it only takes 5 seconds to sort and empty bag. How can that be when it takes 5 seconds to have to stop what i am doing. Then i have to open bag save some time but not hitting the identify all then drag junk out then go on about my way. In general it consumes at least 30 seconds if not longer now figure having to do this every 5 to 10 minutes. It all gets very old very fast when all i was wanting to do is farm campaign currency to make keys, run heroics or do hunts for items or gear i do want.

That's really slow.

#1: It takes *0* seconds to stop collecting loot. Just stop moving.

#2: tap i to open inventory. Click the option button, click ID all. Click Option, Refine, Drop-down menu, gear, click continue.

That shouldn't take you longer than 5 seconds. You don't have to sort, the refinement window will pull out only the trash gear and leave behind all the stuff you might want. Which means all those green gears are "free peridots that take 5 seconds to process as many of as you have free bag slots".

(There are SOME visual transmute items that get grabbed by "convert all my trash to RP". It's a bug. Store those in your personal bank or account bank or mailbox or on a bag alt. Or mark them Protected.)

But I still have no problem if you want to just not collect loot automatically. A toggle to let you do that so that I can keep looting all my free bonus stuff would be a perfect solution for both of us.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited November 2018

You probably need more than 5 seconds to refine gear gear (not sure why you need to sort the bag).I don't because I have been doing that for a long time. It is only 5 to 6 mouse clicks. It is pretty automatic. I can do that when I am moving (assuming I am moving straight). The time I save is I don't need to stop to 'f' the stuff. I don't need to get off the mount. 'f'. On the mount. Off the mount. 'f'. On the mount. Sometime I need to circle a bit so that I can 'f' it. I don't need to fight off the mob when what I want to get had mob re-spawned. I just ride through it. That got old for a long time for me.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Personally the auto loot is maybe about the only thing I love about this mod. That said, it needs a toggle. I've always been pro-auto loot all the way but I'm also well aware that many feels different. And how hard could it have been to make an on/off toggle a part of this?
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    edited November 2018
    lowjohn said:

Bound scrolls are in near-infinite supply for anyone with VIP. Almost nobody uses more than 25 per day every day. So all that green gear is "a free Peridot", costing you literally nothing to get.

(Oh, and: If green and blue gear stopped dropping tomorrow and never dropped again and ID scrolls became useless, I'd be happy with that, too - that way my green-stuff autopickup would be getting Black Pearls instead of 3-click-Peridots. But as long as I can't tell if something is a Black Pearl or a Stupid Armor Of Whatever without interacting with it, autopickup and 3-click-trash is a great addition.)

That's really slow.

#2: tap i to open inventory. Click the option button, click ID all. Click Option, Refine, Drop-down menu, gear, click continue.

That shouldn't take you longer than 5 seconds. You don't have to sort, the refinement window will pull out only the trash gear and leave behind all the stuff you might want. Which means all those green gears are "free peridots that take 5 seconds to process as many of as you have free bag slots".

(There are SOME visual transmute items that get grabbed by "convert all my trash to RP". It's a bug. Store those in your personal bank or account bank or mailbox or on a bag alt. Or mark them Protected.)

But I still have no problem if you want to just not collect loot automatically. A toggle to let you do that so that I can keep looting all my free bonus stuff would be a perfect solution for both of us.
    Could you post a video showing it taking 5 seconds to "move to safe space" stop open inv click identify all then refine 10 items out close inventory go back where you was and continue. Really it all depends on location and what you are doing but in general for me i find it pretty annoying. Also it takes away from what i am focused on doing from the annoyance.

Then 25 scrolls per day from vip equals 1200 AD now we are talking about pinching pennies.
    edited November 2018

lowjohn said:

That's really slow.

Could you post a video showing it taking 5 seconds to "move to safe space" stop open inv click identify all then refine 10 items out close inventory go back where you was and continue. Really it all depends on location and what you are doing but in general for me i find it pretty annoying. Also it takes away from what i am focused on doing from the annoyance.
    Type i.
    Click the gear button in the bottom right.
    Click id all.
    Click the gear button in the bottom right.
    Click the last item in that menu (forgot the name).
    In the new windows, pull down menu. Select the last one.
    Click refine
    Click finish
    Type w (all the windows will be gone).

When you can do that without actually reading the text, you can do that in 5 seconds.
    In the location, you pick up stuff, that would be a 'safe' place.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

What do you mean "move to a safe space"? You're picking up loot, so all the nearby monsters are dead and won't respawn for, like, a minute, minimum.

Where you're standing right now is a safe place, because if it wasn't you wouldn't be worrying about your inventory being full.

Then 25 scrolls per day from vip equals 1200 AD now we are talking about pinching pennies.

Rather, I'm talking about "not turning down free loot that is effectively toon-bound-Peridots while I run around grabbing gold and black opals and stuff".

Not looting green gear, in a party, means not looting green RP items. And I've got, effectively, infinite free identifications, so I turn the green gear into RP and make a small profit while I do everything else.

...and with the masses of RP you are getting from content now the 35k rp I got today from doing very little is the same as faffing about with 700 items, 700 scrolls, 18 times stopping and doing refining, 9 minutes of my time wasted or 45 minutes if I have to manually toss the green rubbish back on the ground.

Just not worth the time unless you are very new or just cant count.

How is that "9 minutes of time?"

18 stops to ID and refine all green gear in your inventory should be *90 seconds*, collectively, counting all of them.

But it's not really about making a big profit off the green loot, it's about not turning down the free profit that comes while you're collecting everything else.
    edited November 2018
    lowjohn said:

What do you mean "move to a safe space"? You're picking up loot, so all the nearby monsters are dead and won't respawn for, like, a minute, minimum.

Where you're standing right now is a safe place, because if it wasn't you wouldn't be worrying about your inventory being full.

Rather, I'm talking about "not turning down free loot that is effectively toon-bound-Peridots while I run around grabbing gold and black opals and stuff".

Not looting green gear, in a party, means not looting green RP items. And I've got, effectively, infinite free identifications, so I turn the green gear into RP and make a small profit while I do everything else.
    Well there are better ways to make AD and Gold in the game but to each there own. And yup need a safe space as i said it all depends on location just because inv is full does not mean all is dead or that i am picking up green gear at that exact same second. And then there are times it is faster to not have to kill everything. If i am looting a chest node or other item i would rather do it and not attract attention or agro. But then i find out inv is filled again after i am on location if i stay and dink around to empty good chance i will be detected . Couple examples are master craft skill nodes (but goes in other inv but if i do kill mobs and not all it becomes a annoying) but you can make good AD from nodes if you know what and when to go after or treasure chests same issue. But either way we should have an option to disable auto loot and not have to take on anymore than we choose to. I know when i was a child my parents never force feed me and neither should this game.
    Post edited by heavensake#5599 on
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    lowjohn said:

dionchi said:

Secondly not everyone can afford VIP, or cares to purchase VIP for free scrolls to use toward refining points as opposed to better gear, enchantments, etc. with the AD's they have... so they too are excluded.

VIP is the best use of AD in the game, bar none. Spending AD on things that aren't VIP while you don't have VIP is a waste of AD. You're a lowbie looking for easy gear ups? That VIP lockbox daily key is better than any enchant you buy on the market.
    I never said VIP wasn't of value, as a matter of fact I said the complete opposite...
    dionchi said:

Eventually those players I mentioned may decide for themselves that VIP is not only a good option but one that tends to pay for itself if used intelligently, but until then they like the bulk of players I presume will either have to rely on the scrolls they can pick up, or decide whether or not to use AD's they could use for other things to buy scrolls... -snip-

But that still doesn't change the fact that some players just can't afford it, or would rather spend the AD's they collected on gear, companions, mounts, enchantments and other things to help progress their characters instead of VIP.

But let me ask you a question, when you were a new or low level player "3-years" ago, did you spend the majority of your time farming AD's to buy VIP, or was most of your time spent trying to actually play the game and trying to acquire things to improve your character?

I believe I've come to the opinion that too many higher level (70) players, think and play like high level (70) players and sometimes fail to look at things from the perspective of new or low level players.

A lot of players who have been in Neverwinter for several years, already have the gear, companions, mounts and enchantments to allow them to more easily play content that generates AD's. Not every other player, particularly those new players or low level players have those resources or are able to commit the time to farm content for AD's to buy VIP since the also have to (or should) play the game, which in itself is a time consuming undertaking.

Also as I mentioned, regardless of how good of a deal it is, some people just won't or can't spend real world currency for something like VIP. Most 15-year-olds for example aren't going to be able to just whip out their credit cards and buy VIP, nor I suspect with their other real world responsibilities are they be able to spend hours in Neverwinter for the sole purpose of farming AD's.

We the level 70, or higher level players need to start considering how the game is to new and beginner players, because they will be the ones to, hopefully later, bringing in more RW cash (in addition to established players) to help the game prosper and survive.

My2¢
    DD~
  • krzrsmskrzrsms Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Another poorly implemented piece of this whole autoloot thing.. the things it doesnt pickup? quest drops and stronghold vouchers. So the things that would be specifically desired and indicated to be so by the fact that you have a quest. ..THOSE are the things they decide to leave out of autoloot?

At the same time, once you find something that you actually DO want to pick up, your inventory is full. Is it full with useful items that you wanted and chose? No its full of what the game decided to drop on you and fill up your inventory. The same thing that rando pinata dropping was hated for, has now been implemented game wide.

So .. you discover that you want something on the ground, now you have to stop what you're doing, clear one or more spots in inventory and then pick up the item. This isn't alleviated by buying more bags, because there are more greens than there are new bag slots to purchase.

Many many people didn't pick up greens because they don't need them. If you 'need' them you probably dont utilize the many other tools that are available to give you large supplies of rp that dwarfs the supply given by the greens. If even then you 'need' it, then you're needs are in excess of normal. No one was required to aggrevate medical conditions (that you should be playing a repetitive movement computer games with anyway like carpal tunnel syndrome). ..but we ARE
    all required to have autoloot.

..most of you doth protest too much since even most of the criticism boils down to IMPLEMENT A CHOICE. We're not asking for it to go away, but for the proper controls to be put in so that more people can enjoy it instead of just you and your carpal tunnel buddies.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    It also doesn't pick up potions that do drop. C'est la vie
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

It also doesn't pick up potions that do drop. C'est la vie

I thought they removed potions from dropping from kills?
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    So... this thread seems to change form discussing of new feature to full argue about is it worth to pick up green items?

Pity.

Becouse atm devs wont do anythong about that - if some players like it and some not, its better (according to devs) to do nothing and wait untill players will agree upon it, right? And as players wont agree there is no need to touch it any more.
    Any chance to stop covincing one another what is better and ask for on/off switch as whole community?

I am not picking up green items but have friends who do. I dont want it to be taken away from them, and I dont want to be hurt with green junk either - Is it really so hard to understand that such switch will benefit all players?

Sigh,

And you wonder why devs do not take us seriously about anything.......
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    The new system is fun and much easier than before. I've never run into inventory problems ,eventhough i don't have much free space. All in all very pleased with new loot system ,which makes farming a lot easier by the way.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
    As far as I can tell, they either nerf'ed green gear drop or re-balance it. I have places that used to give me 5 to 10 green gear and needed to 'f' many times in a wide area. I send 2 toons over last night. One got 0 green gear and one got 1. They used to got the inventory filled up (over 10 items). Now, they got about 5 extra.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

I thought they removed potions from dropping from kills?

They still drop from mimics.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    you guys know that you can set it to epic quality drops
    arcanjo86 said:

you guys know that you can set it to epic quality drops

No, you can't: Loot threshold only applies while in a party, not while solo.

It's an oversight.

You are making the assumption that I am converting all the possible items that appear in green items refining box without checking, that I have the required numbers of scrolls to identify them,

Well, yes: items worth keeping don't autoconvert, with a few *very* rare exceptions that presumably, if you're storing them in your inventory, you've marked them protected. Therefore there's no reason to not mass-covert the green and blue gear drops because they're trash.

And, as I said above: Bound ID scrolls are abundant and of low value.

that I am converting all the gems without checking.

No? That's a completely different menu option, and also gems stack so you're not losing additional inventory space after the first one.

Then I also have to, somehow in zero seconds, zoom through my entire inventory to drop or sell all the other useless stuff that I dont want.

#1: It takes two clicks to sell all vendor trash at a vendor. #2: All of those things stack.

And just to be crystal clear, even the 90 seconds that you think it takes me is 90 seconds I would rather be doing something else.

Sure. Like I've said repeatedly, it would be great if you could toggle the feature off or have your loot threshold work.

I'm just saying your estimate of "clearing my inventory of green gear takes 9 minutes automated, 45 if I don't automate" is just.... not right.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    just set the auto loot roll to be at least blue. easy peasy problem fixed

The issue we have been talking about is not about you are looting with a party in a dungeon. It is about normal looting in solo. The auto loot roll has no effect in solo play.

Loot threshold only applies while in a party, not while solo.