test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't open workshop delivery box

feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
The box is full. I can't open it. I can't progress with the workshop.

New professions system is useless and horrible so far.

Comments

• esshared#5711 esshared Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have the same problem with 80% of my alts, so about 16 out of 20 characters cannot interact with the chest in the workshop =/.
  • larmdyrlarmdyr Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Same issue here with 100% of my alts.
  • wolfers1969wolfers1969 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same issue on one of my Char SHrek 2.0 unable to open delivery box. says i have 12/12 but wont let me open.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Like this ?

If so, then this ia a bug I reported on Preview a while ago. Would typically happen if you had pending leadership tasks in your profession slots when starting the profession tasks. Never found a way around it, except just clearing all slots before starting mod 15.
    Hoping for improvements...
    Yeah, and the icon over the delivery chest doesn't exist with no form of interaction.
  • tigrosstigross Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I cleaned all professions on all toons before mod15, but stupidly on the first task for my TR I entered 10 times now I cannot interact with the delivery box to pick up either. Other toons are OK.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Who is your retainer?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    sirin? the short shy girl
  • alansweetalansweet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    Only 1of my 4 toons can do anything in WS. Do you plan to anytime before New Years?
  • tigrosstigross Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I also chose Sirin...on my TR.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    My retainer for the character with the problem is Maelys, however I also have her for some of my alts without causing problems. At a guess, the problem is related to the fact that since I was going to work I set my gatherers to get as many raw opals as possible, filling the box before I got home. I didn't bother to simply gather one ten-minute copper ore, for example.

Anyway, the problem IS STILL NOT FIXED SO I STILL CAN'T ADVANCE THE WORKSHOP.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User

My retainer for the character with the problem is Maelys, however I also have her for some of my alts without causing problems. At a guess, the problem is related to the fact that since I was going to work I set my gatherers to get as many raw opals as possible, filling the box before I got home. I didn't bother to simply gather one ten-minute copper ore, for example.

The first part of the Quest chain "Order from the dispatch board" does not recognise high level tasks e.g. Raw Opals. It will recognise a low level task like Copper Ore however.

Try the low level task first. I'm not sure if it will work with a full delivery box though ...
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    In addition to what I mentioned above, it seems the bug might also be triggered if you attempt to gather as much as possible, instead of just what you need - that, combined with remaining tasks from the old system (if you did not clear all profession slots before downloading the new mod), might be what triggers this. Not sure. As I said, I reported this issue (with the 12/12 and non-interactable delivery box back on preview.

I guess that just like the 1/5000 error in the value of the Mithril Crucibles, this is one of the things that "slipped through the cracks"......
    Hoping for improvements...
    still stuck even after patch
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    This was interesting reading. I was trying to figure out how you'd end up in this situation. I've run a number of characters through the tutorial without problem. However:
    1. I always chose Copper Ore.
    2. I always told the adventurer to do the task 1 time.
    3. I had no professions still running when the update launched.

I feel badly for you guys who are affected by this. You have my sympathy even though there is nothing I can do to help you.
  • indalordindalord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    SAMEEEEE ! i cant Go further. some patch plz My delivery box is full, no icon on it to interact
    Indalord I & II
  • oldcoffeeoldcoffee Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    My wife and I both have this problem, and submitted tickets, but the instructions say that the Developers don't read these threads, or respond to tickets. I was really looking forward to the new system :anguished:
  • sianekasianeka Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    I didn't know to clear my professions slots before the update, they were all full with ongoing tasks when the mod went live, and now I have a toon that has a full delivery box so I can't start the gathering quest and my professions progression is completely stuck since I'm permanently halted here...
  • polleke26polleke26 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    Same issue here 2 toons can't open, the rest ok by so far ...send a ticket today .Im stuck.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    vordayn said:

The first part of the Quest chain "Order from the dispatch board" does not recognise high level tasks e.g. Raw Opals. It will recognise a low level task like Copper Ore however.

Try the low level task first. I'm not sure if it will work with a full delivery box though ...
    No, no tasks work with a full delivery box, particularly one that can't be opened BECAUSE THIS IS STILL NOT FIXED AFTER THE PATCH.
  • jandemannjandemann Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    Bug that was recognized in preview....no workaround that I know of, in preview it was...."go to live, clear the old professions that were running, recopy your toon and you will be good".....can't quite do that in live can we? :tired_face:
    Angry Inch lvl 70 OP and his NOT SO merry band of other Angry Campfire Hero toons
    Starks Alliance
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Well, i'm stuck in the "Running a workshop" quest on the "Order an item at the dispatch board" part. I did what the quest asked me to do, but the tasks i started simply didn't register for the quest, and i can't start more tasks since the delivery box is full.

I contacted the support, have to wait and see what they can do...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • scottyddscottydd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Well, i'm stuck in the "Running a workshop" quest on the "Order an item at the dispatch board" part. I did what the quest asked me to do, but the tasks i started simply didn't register for the quest, and i can't start more tasks since the delivery box is full.

that is my problem and since I had 3 at or above 25 ... it is a pain to be held up this way
    I contacted the support, have to wait and see what they can do...

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    My guess, only specific tasks from the board do register for that quest line, pick any other task from the board, and you'll get stuck.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    regenerde said:

My guess, only specific tasks from the board do register for that quest line, pick any other task from the board, and you'll get stuck.

Yes, usually picking the most basic item (1st on the list) should complete the quest. It doesn't register some of the higher level items unfortunately.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • alansweetalansweet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    After the maintenance,the chest defect still appears in 3 of my toons. Can not proceed because the WS is blocked by its own code. Please fix... (Shades of Mod 6)
  • roadkill#2123 roadkill Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This problem was first reported on the HoF preview forum on September 29 - https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1243104/running-a-workshop-dead-in-water

Now it's November 8. Still dead in the water.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

This problem was first reported on the HoF preview forum on September 29 - https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1243104/running-a-workshop-dead-in-water

Now it's November 8. Still dead in the water.

This bug and the fact that it's basically been around since the system went to test was one of the main reason the devs were told that. This. System. Is. Not. Ready. They elected to ignore that, not fix the bug and launch anyway, so now the players are stuck with a system that apart from all the wai aggravation is bugged before they can ever use it, or bugs out for them at some point because they accidentally fill up the delivery box.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    regenerde said:

In my opinion, this is just bad or lazy programming. The developers should have anticipated that people with level 70 Gathering were not necessarily going to pick Copper Ore or some other level 1 task. All they had to do was let any Gathering task qualify for quest progression. This shows that their design and planning process is deeply flawed.
    ilithyn said:

This bug and the fact that it's basically been around since the system went to test was one of the main reason the devs were told that. This. System. Is. Not. Ready. They elected to ignore that, not fix the bug and launch anyway, so now the players are stuck with a system that apart from all the wai aggravation is bugged before they can ever use it, or bugs out for them at some point because they accidentally fill up the delivery box.

Well, stupidly, their fix was simply to increase the number of delivery slots for a level 1 workshop from 6 to 12. For some reason, they thought all players would choose a short Gathering task, set it to run once, then babysit it until it completes. This is why I say their design and planning process is deeply flawed. They failed to consider all the possible things a player could do. Furthermore, running a task once is not the default, even though that is exactly what it should be. They should have expected players to just click through as fast as possible and then go adventure or log off for a while. Granted, this series of HAMSTER is really down to more than a dysfunctional planning process. It's the result of the perfect storm of a seriously broken planning process, too-tight deadlines, and bad programming.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Same here, I am stuck at the quest from my retainer to check for new applicants (there are none but this might be unrelated) and I cannot start any new gathering tasks as it says I need to empty my depot box but there is not icon above it and I cannot access it.

Seems like an easy bug to fix, always let you access your depot box regardless if something is in it, regardless of where you are in the quest line.