test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Heart of Fire Launch Week Issues

Comments

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    You can't change loadouts within the Acquisitions Incorporated building (along with the Workshop).
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • darkzod#9528 darkzod Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Box New Rolling

does not work with the brands
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    vordayn said:

vordayn said:

I have just login to my characters.

I have one character who has leadership 25 but he doesn't have gathering 70. In fact, I have no gathering at all.
    He also has Weasponsmithing 25 but no Blacksmithing.

But he has Armorsmithing 70 and he did not have Mailsmithing or Platesmithing.

These are based on what Archivements -> Professions page.

I have the 2nd character who has leadership 25 and platesmithing 25. He did not get any new profession. The usual achievement things did not pop up at all when I login to him.

I have the 3rd character who has leadership 25 but he does not have any Gathering.

I have the 4th character who has leadership 25 but he does not have any Gathering.

Is this a common problem? Or, I need to report them one by one.
    In addition, does reporting bug work? Because I don't see any ticket comes out.
    It is very frustrating.

Did you open the profession box that comes with the intro quest?
    I have not done any intro quest. I just login. Some character showed those conversion (those red text and achievement boxes pop up). One did not even show any.
    I use Archivements -> Professions page to check if I have all the right profession.
    I have 12 characters and the other 8 seems to have the right stuff.
    Opening up the Professions Starter Kit converts your previous profession levels. You get this at the start when you speak to your Retainer. Remember to open it before hiring artisans, as the artisans you hire are dependent on your profession's level.
    Are you sure that is when the conversion happens? Do I have to get in that 'deep' to get the conversion? Somehow, I don't think so.

When I login the character the first time after mod 15, there were red text and a bunch of profession achievement pops up.
    One of the character has no pop up or red text at all.

I checked the Achievement page and under Professions section, it shows all my old profession level and the new profession levels.

All my 12 character has leadership level 25.
    8 of these have Gathering 70 and leadership 25 in that page.
    4 of them have no Gathering at all (and other missing new profession) and have leadership 25 (and other old profession level 25) in that page.

There is an inconsistency of behavour already as some got Gathering 70 and some does not.

These characters are no where close to the workshop as they just login. They are not hiring any worker because they have not touched any new content.

I have been talking about Achievement Professions page and I don't know if that indicates a real problem I will have in the workshop. I have a bad feeling I will. Hence, I am not touching the workshop until I have a better understanding of the situation.

I am hoping this is a generic issue so that dev can fix in a generic way instead of me chasing down support (it seems that in game bug report does not work as I don't see any ticket I reported).
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

vordayn said:

vordayn said:

I have one character who has leadership 25 but he doesn't have gathering 70. In fact, I have no gathering at all.

I have the 2nd character who has leadership 25 and platesmithing 25. He did not get any new profession. The usual achievement things did not pop up at all when I login to him.

I have the 3rd character who has leadership 25 but he does not have any Gathering.

I have the 4th character who has leadership 25 but he does not have any Gathering.

It is very frustrating.

I have not done any intro quest. I just login. Some character showed those conversion (those red text and achievement boxes pop up). One did not even show any.
    I use Archivements -> Professions page to check if I have all the right profession.
    Opening up the Professions Starter Kit converts your previous profession levels. You get this at the start when you speak to your Retainer. Remember to open it before hiring artisans, as the artisans you hire are dependent on your profession's level.
    Are you sure that is when the conversion happens? Do I have to get in that 'deep' to get the conversion? Somehow, I don't think so.

When I login the character the first time after mod 15, there were red text and a bunch of profession achievement pops up.

I checked the Achievement page and under Professions section, it shows all my old profession level and the new profession levels.

4 of them have no Gathering at all (and other missing new profession) and have leadership 25 (and other old profession level 25) in that page.

There is an inconsistency of behavour already as some got Gathering 70 and some does not.

These characters are no where close to the workshop as they just login. They are not hiring any worker because they have not touched any new content.

I have been talking about Achievement Professions page and I don't know if that indicates a real problem I will have in the workshop. I have a bad feeling I will. Hence, I am not touching the workshop until I have a better understanding of the situation.

I am hoping this is a generic issue so that dev can fix in a generic way instead of me chasing down support (it seems that in game bug report does not work as I don't see any ticket I reported).
    Yep, I tested it on one of my alts. I only got the titles for level 70 in my Professions (which were 25 last mod) when I opened that crate.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • sqwaztersqwazter Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    On my main character, Im stuck on the workshop tutorial, put some materials on order, went to sleep and waking up i cannot access delivery box at all. Its non-interactive, doesnt have an icon on top of it. All of the prof queues are full and just sayin' "empty your delivery box"
    Post edited by sqwazter on
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    vordayn said:

vordayn said:

vordayn said:

It is very frustrating.

Yep, I tested it on one of my alts. I only got the titles for level 70 in my Professions (which were 25 last mod) when I opened that crate.
    Thank you. This gives me some hope and potentially, I don't have to bug support. Thanks again.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • monkeeyman1monkeeyman1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    BUG: New Acquisitions Inc. campaign.

Stuck at 80/100 acorns, and have no tasks to complete to get the remaining 20.

I've done the egg quest twice, did the quest in the basement (something about documents), and the orientation quests.

No other quests have shown up. I've received emails about a balista, and guildies said something about a quest to use the balista on a giant, and using the airship, but again - no quest or anything for that for me.

How do I proceed?
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    unable to collect chest contents at end of Gnarlroot caves. Opens, shows me what's inside, closes and says open again..... nothing transfers to inventory and no, inventory is not full. edit - not only can i not collect my loot, i can't leave the dungeon because the chest hasn't been collected....
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    There's clearly something wrong with item lvl. After patch my IL bumped by 400, now it went down by 50 and suddenly went up by 20 and casually +/- 1,2,3 item lvl.

This is super weird.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Bug (Oversight?): The Flask of Potency potions are no longer craftable.

• leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    dont know if that was reported but :
    1 from tong i recived : 3x Mission Perk Tracker - Tomb of the Nine Gods ( cannot sell open or discard it )
    2 I cant use kessels retreat key to open KR chest. Says i need legendary dragon key.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Speaking of Alchemists, the system still seems abnormally fond of those - people seem to get more random applications from alchemists than the other professions combined. This issue was raised on Preview but still seems to be present.

I have also had this. More alchemists than every other profession *combined*.
    adinosii said:

Others have complained about not being able to turn in the egg retrieval quest - for me it worked fine on the third attempt when I was careful not to interrupt any of the cutscenes. This workaround seems to work fine for most people, but not everyone....some say it does not help them.

I've never found it to fail if you:
    1) drop the quest
    2) take the quest
    3) leave Team HAMSTER HQ
    4) proceed IMMEDIATELY to the airship, without doing any other quests or visiting any other maps
    5) do the quest
    6) watch all the cutscenes in full, skipping none of them.
    7) return to Team HAMSTER HQ for your reward.

Everyone who has had trouble completing it who has tried this exactly has had the quest work, as far as I can tell.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    ilithyn said:

When you first get the quest to speak to Lady Begum if you choose the second option in the dialogue when she tells you not to stand directly in front of her, the one that says "or maybe I could", the quest chain breaks and you can't progress. Talking to her again does not bring up the option to introduce yourself as coming from that landlord guy I can't recall the name of.
    Dropping the quest and retaking it might fix it, though a guildie had to do this four times before it reset properly. She's pretty stubborn.

I went and did invokes. When I got back on the character I was working with she was willing to speak to me again.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

i've also noticed my character randomy picks up garbage off the ground without me pressing f to pick it up. very annoying as i have limited inventory space.

That's not a bug. That's a new feature.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Bug (or a undocumented buff) to Tyrannosaurs and T-Rex in Soshenstar River:
    Their 'Broadside' attack (the slight delay then charge forward shoulder barge, not the head down thundering charge) is significantly stronger than M14.
    Tyrannosaur was base hitting me for 300k+ (no crit)
    T-Rex was base hitting for over 400k
    I know I'm a marshmallow SW in my Hag's Rags with Max HP and Lifesteal, but M14 these guys were no where near these numbers.
    The other attacks from them are still reasonable, but the Broadside seems to have gotten a lot stronger.
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • lucansnowlucansnow Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    In the workshop I don't have the option to trade my old assets and materials for new ones. I went ahead and progressed all the way to where u upgrade the workshop from level 3 to 4 and the retainer only says something along the lines of Thankfully we've hired enough assets, and there is no other options. So i have not been able to trade old assets or old materials nor buy new ones at any point.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I cannot go any further on the Acquisitions campaign, I get the quest to get the Egg for Jim and it will not finish, I get to the end of the run, get the egg, it dumps me back into PE and that is it, nothing else happens, no quest to turn in completion or anything!

I did the quest twice, if I could drop the quest and redo it I would, but there is no quest in the log. I can keep goin gin and redo the egg quest over and over and over and over and over. but it doesn't complete anything .

At this point I appear to be stuck forever on this quest, that wont complete and cannot advance.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    Another preview bug.

Still have to switch to the combat stance to preview main-hand items, but if you are previewing a bow?

Your character has their left arm extended with nothing in it, and their right arm pulled back, as if they are pulling the bowstring, but the bow is in that right hand, and if an arrow somehow managed to be launched from that bow, it would fire at a target behind the character.
    lucansnow said:

In the workshop I don't have the option to trade my old assets and materials for new ones. I went ahead and progressed all the way to where u upgrade the workshop from level 3 to 4 and the retainer only says something along the lines of Thankfully we've hired enough assets, and there is no other options. So i have not been able to trade old assets or old materials nor buy new ones at any point.

I have the same problem. Which retainer did you choose?
  • lucansnowlucansnow Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I choose Callum as the retainer. With him I dont have any options to trade assets or buy or sell any materials.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    +1 on Alchemist proliferation.

It's a small sample size, but I have been doing some workshop stuff with three characters.

Those three characters have, so far, gotten 6 random applications between them.

Of those 6 applications, 5 have been alchemists. Update: 7 out of 8 applications have been alchemists.

None of those characters chose alchemy as their starting skill, and none have it ranked to any appreciable level.
    Post edited by mithrosnomore on
    ok update, there seems to be a bug around the Get the Egg for jim, where as if you skip scences it bugs it out.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    sqwazter said:

On my main character, Im stuck on the workshop tutorial, put some materials on order, went to sleep and waking up i cannot access delivery box at all. Its non-interactive, doesnt have an icon on top of it. All of the prof queues are full and just sayin' "empty your delivery box"

On the worktable, are you seeing 12/12 like this:

If so, then this is an issue that was reported on Preview. Happened if you had 9 leadership tasks active before starting Mod 15. For this reason I cleared all profession slots before starting mod 15, and advised others to do the same.

Edit: This might also happen if your professions material bag is full.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
    lucansnow said:

I choose Callum as the retainer. With him I dont have any options to trade assets or buy or sell any materials.

Callum is broken, but only for male characters. Sorry, you are stuck until they fix him.

BUG: New Acquisitions Inc. campaign.

Stuck at 80/100 acorns, and have no tasks to complete to get the remaining 20.

Pick up the box from the claim agent .. that gives you 50, then do the next task from the campaign menu, then get a new quest - the giant scratching one ;)
    is it intended to allow multiple alts to run the queue now?
    edited November 2018

+1 on Alchemist proliferation.

It's a small sample size, but I have been doing some workshop stuff with three characters.

Those three characters have, so far, gotten 6 random applications between them.

Of those 6 applications, 5 have been alchemists.

None of those characters chose alchemy as their starting skill, and none have it ranked to any appreciable level.

The alchemists seem to get less common later on, and the blue ones I have gotten have been more evenly spread out...here is what I currently have

(started with 2 alchemists, so only the others are random ones)
    edited November 2018
    lucansnow said:

Yes, I chose Callum too. He is broken. I wish I had known this before I chose him ... :/ The devs are aware, however we do not know a fix date.
This discussion has been closed.