test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Heart of Fire Launch Week Issues

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited November 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
UPDATE

Fixes issued on 11/15 can be found in the Patch Notes
Fixes issued on 11/8 can be found in the Patch Notes

Per the latest Notes, some of the issues (but not limited to this list) still pending:
  • Acquisitions Incorporated repeatable quests are only repeatable weekly, preventing the player from reaching the campaign currency cap on the first week.
  • Companions and Soul Puppets snooze after a while of standing idle; this will be reverted in a later build.
  • Cotton Petasos don't hide a character's hair, leading to egregious clipping.
  • Crafted capes and mantles currently do not change the character's appearance when equipped.
  • Feathered Ilhuilli is lower item level at Uncommon quality than expected. It is currently 455, and will be 515 after this is addressed.
  • In French, Lady Begum has a line of voice-over that doesn't make sense in context. This will be updated in a later build.
  • Legendary tools for the Gathering profession have Recycle, which doesn't help with Gathering tasks.
  • Profession coupons do not currently apply to items in the Professions category.
  • Requirements for certain items at the Stronghold Bloomery and Goldsmith structures currently require outdated Masterwork ranks.
  • "Second Chances" can be accepted multiple times, though it cannot be completed multiple times.
  • Text in certain artisan recruitment packs incorrectly claims the contents will be alchemists. The names of the packs are correct.
  • There are two Fleeces. The one from Illusionist's Gambit will be renamed to Enchanted Fleece in a later build.

This thread is to report bugs related to the new content or that began with the release of The Heart of Fire. Please do not report previously discovered bugs or general feedback. All unrelated comments will be moved so that the team can better focus on the new issues on PC.

NOTE: If you post an issue on this thread, please be assured that it is being read. Time will be spent reviewing issues and escalating them as efficiently as possible. We are not able to respond or give detailed updates to each individual post but all feedback and reports are being received.

Thanks!
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    In the starting questline for professions, I was disconnected while accepting the first 4 applications for artisans. I have the artisans but the questline still says 3/4 applications accepted. There are no new applications and I cannot dismiss any artisans. I also cannot abandon the quest.

Please help. This interruption is greatly affecting my economic empire as I am no longer able to craft many, many pairs of pants.
  • heimdal#3771 heimdal Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Aspect of the serpent still have two stacks,not three as promised in the HR-notes, but got the reduction from 3% to 2,5%, last time I read the trapper would get a boost in dps, not an nerf.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    I have now twice got a fly-in message there's a copy off in the chat that says "[Error]: Go to Seargeant Knox and learn about "Workshop Opportunities"."
    Problem is I've already pick up that quest. I went down to the indicated area and watched the cutscene and then left as I really don't want to do anything with Professions. You've cured me of that. I'm thinking of dropping the quest but fear it'll make the error messages worse.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    The "sort by buyout" on AH doesn't work on some categories, mounts for example.
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I was going back and forth between workshop and campaign trying to get stuff done in the campaign while waiting for the task in the workshop. I completed the quest for the egg, but couldn't turn it in. I did however have the option to return to the mission, so i did. I went back aboard the ship and tried again. Again I couldn't turn it in. I did this one more time then I though maybe my waiting profession task was somehow involved.. went to workshop.. collected the stuff from the box and returned to the campaign.. this time through after getting the egg i was able to turn it in and take the mission a 2nd time. which also turned in no problem. But now I cannot get any more missions this week and am stuck at 80/100 for the week
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Start the game, get a "failed system specs check" popup claiming I'm running old drivers for my video card.

I'm running NVIDIA GTX-970 with 21.21.13.7654 driver which Windows claims is the current one.

Any clues ?
  • nimrosnimros Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Items I had on AH disappeared. What gives? One was a +4 companion necklace, very valuable. Speaking in Guild, several people have had this happen. Didn't find anything on forums about it
    edited November 2018
    Trying to do the crafting tutorial, I mistakenly set my artisans gathering in perpetuity, now seems no way of stopping them, I suppose I can stick all my gold in shared bank, but clumsy design.

I suppose the reward chest will fill up and stop it eventually
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    The substitute trade-in vendor for Black Ice profession items (Purified, Corrupted) is missing in Icewind Dale Area. The only vendor there only sell normal black ice armor similar to previous modules, cant spot the "new" vendor to replace for BI profession.

Well, the recipe wont appear at black ice forge unless you have the base item in inventory.
    Post edited by jazzfong on
  • unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Turning in old assets mithral cruicible only counts as 1 instead of 5000 like others. Turned in a bunch before noticing.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Constant server crashes. Cannot even finish quests.

Lifesteal seems to be underpowered as a SW compared to pre-patch. Dont think this was mentioned in the nerfing SW thread.

Start the game, get a "failed system specs check" popup claiming I'm running old drivers for my video card.

I'm running NVIDIA GTX-970 with 21.21.13.7654 driver which Windows claims is the current one.

Any clues ?

I get this after a crash, or when I dont let it check all files, restart PC and ticking the check files box at the start fixes it for me.
    Didn't work for me, still getting message
    edited November 2018
    If you disconnect while acquiring artisans in the tutorial, you can get 4 artisans but the quest still says 2/4 and you're stuck.
    ph33rm3 said:

I was going back and forth between workshop and campaign trying to get stuff done in the campaign while waiting for the task in the workshop. I completed the quest for the egg, but couldn't turn it in. I did however have the option to return to the mission, so i did. I went back aboard the ship and tried again. Again I couldn't turn it in. I did this one more time then I though maybe my waiting profession task was somehow involved.. went to workshop.. collected the stuff from the box and returned to the campaign.. this time through after getting the egg i was able to turn it in and take the mission a 2nd time. which also turned in no problem. But now I cannot get any more missions this week and am stuck at 80/100 for the week

Yo I don't think I'm stuck but I had to do this damn quest 3 times because of missing steps due to transitions and cutscenes. The last time, I literally saw an entire cutscene and transition that I never saw both times I ran it before. I'm getting new missions now but there seem to be some delays with quests appearing and such that are seriously affecting stuff in this module.

And yes, I'm still stuck in the tutorial for professions because the quest thinks I'm missing an artisan.

I am sad that I am unable to craft many, many pairs of pants.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    ibemin0x said:

my mount feels slower. talked to guildies and they all feel the same... plz fix

Agreed, Legendary mount feels noticeably slower on all maps so far.
  • ressurrectedsinressurrectedsin Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I'm having issues with the new campaign BUG BUG BUG, i hope i got your attention LOL
    On one toon, i had someone with me during the main egg retrieval quest and it disappeared completely out of my journal, And i can't move forward.
    On another toon, I got past that solo and went to do the re-retrieval quest (solo still) and cant complete it, keeps sending me back to the airship.
    Forgot to say.. I did this ^ 3 times.. and nothing

Can't get past the upgrading workshop quest, keeps telling me i don't have the necessary items and i do and won't let me give them to guy.
    Post edited by ressurrectedsin on
  • shoziku222shoziku222 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Mob health bars are freaking out. I did a private Master of the Hunt skirmish. (lvl 70) When the mobs spawn, their health bars are thick like elite or epic dungeon mobs. As their health goes down the health bars revert back to thin minion type of bars.

Also some blue loot items are not roll-over, they have to be picked up manually. This is also the same with the purple talismans in Omu.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    If you skip the cutscene at the end of Re-Retrieval Operations, you are dumped back in PE with the quest incomplete. If you try it again, the second time you attempt to end the quest you're dumped back in PE with the quest incomplete AND it resets when you try to rejoin.

EDIT: Re-completing it from scratch, and letting all the cutscenes finish, drops you back in PE with the quest unfinished. So it's just completely broken.
  • lecarusin#0771 lecarusin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Brightsilver set of HR (and guessing all which has that name) was not updated to new MW2 level.
    In fact, my HR has the titansteel tabars offhand updated, while bow is brighstilver, and not updated.

Post edited by lecarusin#0771 on
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Oathbound Paladin Encounter Power, Vow of Enmity, still does not proc Aura of Courage when applied (and reapplied) to a target.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    nimros said:

Items I had on AH disappeared. What gives? One was a +4 companion necklace, very valuable. Speaking in Guild, several people have had this happen. Didn't find anything on forums about it

I also have this issue. Shows 39 slots left but the 1 item that's posted can't be seen. And no it's not in my mail either.

I can find my listed item on the AH though :) Eye of the Giant priced @ 484,500 AD.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

nimros said:

I also have this issue. Shows 39 slots left but the 1 item that's posted can't be seen. And no it's not in my mail either.

I can find my listed item on the AH though :) Eye of the Giant priced @ 484,500 AD.
    Well listing and sorting on the AH is completely fubar right now, so good luck locating it. Though maybe the two bugs are related idk, but listing for price just gives you a massive jumble of HAMSTER.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    I have a CW with manticore raid armlets that were equipped. I log in and find them unequipped. Why ? They were upgraded to IL 540 yay, but required level to wear was also "upgraded" to 540, oops.
  • ressurrectedsinressurrectedsin Member Posts: 18 Arc User

Trying to do the crafting tutorial, I mistakenly set my artisans gathering in perpetuity, now seems no way of stopping them, I suppose I can stick all my gold in shared bank, but clumsy design.

I suppose the reward chest will fill up and stop it eventually

If you go back to your board in the workshop there is a link at the bottom to cancel the gathering. I did the same thing lol
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    with Callum as my professions retainer i am unable to trade in my old professions to him i am stuck with old dialogue about 10 artisans
    lowjohn said:

If you skip the cutscene at the end of Re-Retrieval Operations, you are dumped back in PE with the quest incomplete. If you try it again, the second time you attempt to end the quest you're dumped back in PE with the quest incomplete AND it resets when you try to rejoin.

EDIT: Re-completing it from scratch, and letting all the cutscenes finish, drops you back in PE with the quest unfinished. So it's just completely broken.

I was able to complete it after leaving the quest location, dropping the quest, picking it back up from that dude, and completing it without missing any cutscenes (including the one with the giant leading up to the fight with the bird that you've already seen 4 times because you've had to do Retrieval Operation over and over because of these stupid bugs.)

Yet I still cannot craft many, many pairs of pants.
This discussion has been closed.